Quiet on the Board

GrizzlyGriff

I think we are all in shock.  Quiet on here tonight. Thought we would be in full green everywhere by now.  Well maybe by Feb looking at the weather next week. I was lucky to get 750 miles on my new Sidewinder and I have to say this sled is a technological marvel.  Yamaha quality, no issues thus far.  Managed to get 119 mph on Cameron Lake last week.  Very happy it is all stock.  Trip to Cloyne planned for the 20th for a few dayswith 6 mates.  Hope Mazinaw manages to hold out. :)Keep the faith OCers

I look forward to these quiet times so I can get caught up on the messages.

While some of you were getting + temps and rain, we had 30 below and 40 below windchill, tonight included.  Got in from snowblowing the back yard just before the winds hit, be no snow on the tempo tomorrow morning ... lol !

Boy I'm really starting to lose what little faith I have in the weather network.  Orginal they were saying this would be a classic winter and thd polar vortex was going to be prominent.  Well so far were getting the snow  but this frigging rain and warm Temps is really messing with the trails and lakes.  Up north is just a different story it's cold but that's expected up there.  Let's just hope Feb turns around.  Until then I'm off to quebec.  

Did anyone notice they very quietly changed their long range winter forecast?   Now they are saying mild, above seasonal temps for the rest of the winter.  

52 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Did anyone notice they very quietly changed their long range winter forecast?   Now they are saying mild, above seasonal temps for the rest of the winter.  

Oh No   :huh: I didn't want to hear that:angry:

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Yep, I read that a week or so back.  Some how they are always wrong about snowfall amounts but never wrong about rain and warm temps.

That sucks, two winter in a row, may be I did something bad in previous life and now Mother of Nature takes a revenge and not allow me to go for snowmobiling and ice fishing.:(

TWN is sometimes featured on the kitchen TV when I drag myself out of bed.

I get a kick out of the fashion statements. I do my Joan Rivers imitation, (RIP) then refer to Ian Black on CBC for his best interpretation of the data. That guy knows his stuff.

57 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

"Any more than 5 days out is like throwing darts at a board"

I don't even have faith in 5 days or less. I have seen them forecast pouring rain just hours out and it has been clear blue skies.

Yes, its very discouraging looking at grass multiple days now, with no end in sight. On a positive note, my inlaws live up in Sault Ste Marie, and they have record amounts of snow to the point where the snowblower is maxed out because of the height of the snowbanks.

On 1/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

I think we are all in shock.  Quiet on here tonight. Thought we would be in full green everywhere by now.  Well maybe by Feb looking at the weather next week. I was lucky to get 750 miles on my new Sidewinder and I have to say this sled is a technological marvel.  Yamaha quality, no issues thus far.  Managed to get 119 mph on Cameron Lake last week.  Very happy it is all stock.  Trip to Cloyne planned for the 20th for a few dayswith 6 mates.  Hope Mazinaw manages to hold out. :)Keep the faith OCers

How many miles are you getting to a tank of fuel that sidewinder Grizzly 

On 1/13/2017 at 10:35 AM, Sledding today? said:

Yes, its very discouraging looking at grass multiple days now, with no end in sight. On a positive note, my inlaws live up in Sault Ste Marie, and they have record amounts of snow to the point where the snowblower is maxed out because of the height of the snowbanks.

Customer / friend sends me pics from there daily of the new accumulation..........insane snow depth.

On 2017-01-14 at 0:09 PM, northstar said:

How many miles are you getting to a tank of fuel that sidewinder Grizzly 

about 120 miles

17 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

about 120 miles

....per hour

Archived