Road Trip next week? Anyone interested

Nunz

Karen and I are booked and are going to drive to Kap next Wednesday afternoon and stay at the Super 8, leave Thursday morning and ride to Debreville and stay for 2 nights at the Magpie, Saturday morning sled back to Hearst and stay at the Companion and visit with Denis for dinner hopefully, Sunday morning sled back to Kap with a stop at Moonbeam then drive home.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Nunz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter Paige and I may see you in Dub on Thursday.  We were thinking about trying to run over to White River or even Marathon Friday depending on the condition of the trail.  Maybe you would want to go since it has not be open for some years.  We might ride back up to Moonbeam with you too. 

See you in Dub Thursday night.  Maybe we can get dinner?

Scott  

16 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

My daughter Paige and I may see you in Dub on Thursday.  We were thinking about trying to run over to White River or even Marathon Friday depending on the condition of the trail.  Maybe you would want to go since it has not be open for some years.  We might ride back up to Moonbeam with you too. 

Scott  

Sounds great Scott, will be good to see you and Paige again, Dinner for Thursday night for sure and Friday we are pretty open to ideas on where to ride, I promised Karen that we would get to Wawa so she could take a pic of the goose lol...  See you next week and drive safe, saw some pics of Wawa this morning and they are getting hammered with snow.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Sounds great Scott, will be good to see you and Paige again, Dinner for Thursday night for sure and Friday we are pretty open to ideas on where to ride, I promised Karen that we would get to Wawa so she could take a pic of the goose lol...  See you next week and drive safe, saw some pics of Wawa this morning and they are getting hammered with snow.

We can hit Wawa and eat at Hawk Junction too.  We can see the look out over the lake too.

See you then.

Keep in touch, I may try to meet up for a bit of a ride with you guys on Saturday morning.  Need to head out of town Saturday afternoon buy depending on schedule it would be nice to meet up.  

We're riding on Saturday with the family and friends, I believe we had planned to have supper at the Marina ... you're welcome to join us. Sunday we have no plans ... :D

50 minutes ago, matt17 said:

Keep in touch, I may try to meet up for a bit of a ride with you guys on Saturday morning.  Need to head out of town Saturday afternoon buy depending on schedule it would be nice to meet up.  

Sounds good, the plan will be to leave Dub after breakfast and head north towards Hearst and maybe we can meet somewhere on the trail, at this point it will be our two Polaris sleds and likely 3 cats...

37 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

We're riding on Saturday with the family and friends, I believe we had planned to have supper at the Marina ... you're welcome to join us. Sunday we have no plans ... :D

Sounds good, keep Sunday open for us and we can all ride towards Moonbeam for brunch...yum yum..

Cheers

Nunz

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

Sounds good, the plan will be to leave Dub after breakfast and head north towards Hearst and maybe we can meet somewhere on the trail, at this point it will be our two Polaris sleds and likely 3 cats...

As long as you are OK with having a lone Ski-Doo in the group.  Wouldn't want to crash the party.  

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

Sounds good, keep Sunday open for us and we can all ride towards Moonbeam for brunch...yum yum..

Cheers

Nunz

I'm confused with this weekend. ... nothing planned for next weekend. .. I'm all yours  !!!!

13 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Scott  

What is the trail like out towards white river and Marathon? Is it doable there and back in a day from dub? Was never open, when last in town. Be up in two weeks most likely and trying to decide to go that way or to chapleau and back. 

3 hours ago, matt17 said:

As long as you are OK with having a lone Ski-Doo in the group.  Wouldn't want to crash the party.  

Of course Matt it's all good !! Looking forward to finallly meeting you.

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I'm confused with this weekend. ... nothing planned for next weekend. .. I'm all yours  !!!!

Ok then see u Saturday when we get in or unless u want to head towards us and ride back. Saturday night dinner though with the group.

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

What is the trail like out towards white river and Marathon? Is it doable there and back in a day from dub? Was never open, when last in town. Be up in two weeks most likely and trying to decide to go that way or to chapleau and back. 

These are the notes from the day we rode from M'wadge to Wawa. I think Marathon is closer to White R' than M'wadge from the intersection near the Play In The Extreme display. Distances are in miles.

Mwadge to Wawa.JPG

8 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I think it will be nice once groomed, but if not groomed, I do not suggest going.  Henry's is a little place with gas on Hwy 17 and the first place you can stop. We have broke trail over to his place before, but I am waiting for it to be groomed first. 

If all good it will be a good day's run there and back to Dub. 

So so you are planning to go to Chapleau thru Wawa and Halfway ?  That would be longer to go and back than to Marathon and back. 

Just hoping trails can get going soon. It seems a break in the snow might help. 

6 hours ago, Nunz said:

Ok then see u Saturday when we get in or unless u want to head towards us and ride back. Saturday night dinner though with the group.

Yes, I just might ride out and meet you in Hornepayne and ride back with you.  Unless it's stupid cold (-25 or colder) of course.  I love winter, but hate being a popsicle ... lol !

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Yes, I just might ride out and meet you in Hornepayne and ride back with you.  Unless it's stupid cold (-25 or colder) of course.  I love winter, but hate being a popsicle ... lol !

Put a heated seat and a high windshield on your sled. Helps allot :) 

2 hours ago, AC+YA said:

I think it will be nice once groomed, but if not groomed, I do not suggest going.  Henry's is a little place with gas on Hwy 17 and the first place you can stop. We have broke trail over to his place before, but I am waiting for it to be groomed first. 

If all good it will be a good day's run there and back to Dub. 

So so you are planning to go to Chapleau thru Wawa and Halfway ?  That would be longer to go and back than to Marathon and back. 

Just hoping trails can get going soon. It seems a break in the snow might help. 

I would just go one way stay overnight in Chapleau. Not going there and back in a day. If the loop is open, might just go all the wAy around instead. I can start and stop near Timmins. 

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Doesn't look like there is any worry about that.

25 minutes ago, whits-end said:

So............. New sled Nunz?

Yes Nunz, Do tell...

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Put a heated seat and a high windshield on your sled. Helps allot :) 

I'll second the heated seat. I was out last weekend and it wasn't particularly cold. I was fine. I guess I accidently hit the seat warmer switch onto low. My butt was getting warm and it was a pleasant surprise. I never thought I would use it. But then again back in the 70's I never believed I need air conditioning in my truck. I had 260 air. Open both windows and drive 60 mph. Once you have something you wonder how you ever survived without it.

58 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'll second the heated seat. I was out last weekend and it wasn't particularly cold. I was fine. I guess I accidently hit the seat warmer switch onto low. My butt was getting warm and it was a pleasant surprise. I never thought I would use it. But then again back in the 70's I never believed I need air conditioning in my truck. I had 260 air. Open both windows and drive 60 mph. Once you have something you wonder how you ever survived without it.

I had that feeling once.  The smell and the clean up....

Archived