Timmins Hotels

jonstep

Just wondering where to stay in Timmins. We stayed at the travelodge for years and found it becoming less and less snowmobile friendly. Tried cedar gable last year and it was less than stellar. Contemplating between the microtel or the armada given its proximity to Montana's. Could anyone advise?  Proximity and ease to get to by sled off the C trail? Quality of breakfast?

Any info greatly appreciated thanks

Post 392 Bed and Breakfast.  North of Timmins. 

Family run. Incredible food. Large, multi level dwelling.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155018-d1502001-Reviews-Post_392_Bed_Breakfast-Timmins_Northeastern_Ontario_Ontario.html

It's south of Timmins on the C trail.

BP

Thanks BP. Thought it was north. Arrived by sled; left on the back of a pickup ( Yamaha Viper "it's too frigid" cold-start issue). Makes sense...we drove south in the truck and didn't go through town. 

23 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

It's south of Timmins on the C trail.

BP

You beat me.

Which side are you coming in from? Folks have stayed @ the Super 8 (next to Casey's) when coming from the east. One of our group stayed @ the Bon Air when he had sled issues & had to spend the night in town as we continued to Kap'.

What issues did you have w/ the TL? I know they had gotten rid of the lock up a few years ago. I'd have to agree the Cedar Meadows is pricy for what you get. Hot tub was an extra charge.

We liked the TL because the Fishbowl seafood restaurant was just down the street.

X2 for the Super 8. Real convenient to C trail and fuel close by.

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

X2 for the Super 8. Real convenient to C trail and fuel close by.

decent size parking lot for trailers and trucks too?

52 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

decent size parking lot for trailers and trucks too?

Not sure how the parking is divvied up between the motel & Casey's (looking @ the pic)

Super 8 Timmins.JPG

A person might want to talk to the motel management. I don't think the restaurant would need all that space.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, revrnd said:

Not sure how the parking is divvied up between the motel & Casey's (looking @ the pic)

Super 8 Timmins.JPG

A person might want to talk to the motel management. I don't think the restaurant would need all that space.

In the past parking at the rear of Caseys was Ok, thought being please eat there. Last year, the hotel suggested we park in the small lot right side of the hotel at the back, NOT the Caseys lot. Not sure what was up with that. Mind you, one year we pulled into the Caseys lot at the end of the sled trip, and the head light from a pickup truck was lying on the ground, looked like the plow may have clipped it. Could be why Caseys may not be partial to parking behind them anymore. All you can do is ask.

Super 8 is renovated, so room rates are up a bit. But like it has been said, Esso is close, Caseys is close, and the breakfast included in the Super 8 is a typical self serve: pancake, ceral and hard boiled eggs. We have stayed there a lot over the last decade. S8 stopped the sled lock up a few years ago.

Thanks for info. Maybe I will start in elk lake and go and see Ron and family, safe trailer parking.  I heard C trail is closed for the season, does that mean I can't get to post 392? I see an alternative trail on map, that is still red too? 

16 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Thanks for info. Maybe I will start in elk lake and go and see Ron and family, safe trailer parking.  I heard C trail is closed for the season, does that mean I can't get to post 392? I see an alternative trail on map, that is still red too? 

c trail from Timmins to Shining Tree,I assume? What is the reason?

7 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

c trail from Timmins to Shining Tree,I assume? What is the reason?

I heard it is being logged this season. 

Good day everyone, interesting news of the C trail. My friend thought it was the C to Smooth Rock closed for the season?

Anyone have any insight? Last year he called about the  A trail Matheson to Val Gagne closure and the President of the Timmins club called him back to say it was only signage that kept the OFSC from listing it as open and that they had groomed it 6 times already.  Wonder if C trail to Smooth Rock same story???

"C" trail from Shining Tree to Timmins should be open by January 22nd. Just opened from Sudbury to Shining Tree. Worked on North section along 560 highway last couple days. Have to break rest of trail to the Mattagami and get it signed. Pat has done North of the Mattagami almost to Post 392. Some trees down and needs to be signed. Warm weather coming may be a grooming issue but like I said, January 22nd is the goal. Logging was to be done but postponed until after March break. I do not know about the "C" trail North of Timmins but heard of some issue, probably logging. Derek.

55 minutes ago, kered said:

"C" trail from Shining Tree to Timmins should be open by January 22nd. Just opened from Sudbury to Shining Tree. Worked on North section along 560 highway last couple days. Have to break rest of trail to the Mattagami and get it signed. Pat has done North of the Mattagami almost to Post 392. Some trees down and needs to be signed. Warm weather coming may be a grooming issue but like I said, January 22nd is the goal. Logging was to be done but postponed until after March break. I do not know about the "C" trail North of Timmins but heard of some issue, probably logging. Derek.

Thank-you for information. Looking forward to coming up in a few weeks once this trail opens. :) 

2 hours ago, kered said:

Derek, could you post this in the Main or North forums? The info could get lost here.

Archived