Trail conditions and parking in Palmerston area

T bird

Hi all!! Been following this site now for awhile! Love it!! Great info and people!! Looking to drop in Palmerston fri and ride for the day. Any insight as too trail conditions and parking? See they have trails listed limited. Hoping more open by tomo. Any info will be appreciated. Looking at 2hr drive to get there. 

Thanks everyone!!

T bird

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the compliment.

Not my locale, but I am sure someone here will be able to help you.

Roundhouse Restaraunt/ King Motel  http://www.kinghotel.ca/the-roundhouse.html  Has a trail right to the door.  A good spot to eat as well.  I think they will let you park there as well.  There was a few trailers there when we stopped in last Fri for lunch.

I cant give you any info on conditions though.  We live 30 mins south of there, but they got a lot more snow last weekend than we did.

23 minutes ago, T bird said:

Great start so far!! Thanks!! Any chance of more trails opening Mitchell listowel area?

I cant see it happening by the weekend.  Fields are windblown bare.

41 minutes ago, T bird said:

Great start so far!! Thanks!! Any chance of more trails opening Mitchell listowel area?

If you are still considering sledding in the Palmerston area, another great drop area is the Teviotdale Truck Centre. They have fuel, good food and service, and lots of parking area, with the trail right to it.

If more trails don't open up in that immediate area, it might be worth your while to drop in Mount Forest to have access to more open trail. That is based on conditions posted now, which might change. 

I live in Mitchell and I really cant see how the trails can be rideable.  We got a bit of snow the last few days but it was so windy the fields are bare.   I will go for a drive in the country this aft and take a look at things.  

Archived