Would 'Ol Man Winter make up his mind

Boy Oh Buoy

Howdy all,

Stumbled upon this site a couple weeks ago, and figured I'd better sign up and check in before getting accused of stalking. I'm located between Orillia and Minden. I fly the fiancée down from Thunder Bay and get out a couple weekends but looking to get out a bunch more. 

Welcome to OC!

Hi Buoy, welcome !  I'm in Hearst, we've been watching it fall by the bale, so to speak ... it's friggin' windy, like 50k for sure; just a bit of snow falling now.  This should fill in the moguls pretty good !!!

18 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Thanks 007,

Tell me then, how come the abitibi loop has been red all year ? 

Quite likely because they've been working their arses off trying to groom it, quite difficult when it's all swamp and not frozen.

Visit the Arctic Riders SRF Facebook page, and scroll down a ways, you'll see pics of the groomer plastered with frozen mud and ice ....

I could complain that we don't have a local loop open yet, but since I understand the situation, I'll wait until they get to it.  Besides, we're riding at least a month ahead of last year, so nothing to gripe about here.

Welcome to the forum B O B. If you've been lurking you likely already know there's lots of good info. and better people around OC.

Hi Piston, yep I gotta say I'm impressed. I coulda used some advice last year before bouncing for 5 hours from hali to dorset

Welcome to the forum and look forward to meeting u on the trail one day !!

Welcome to the forum.  Hope you will be a regular participant.

Welcome On Board !   Whereabouts between Orillia and Minden?  Some good trails between there and there and I've enjoyed them. 

Lots of good info here; hope you enjoy your stay !

Thanks Guy,

Near Sebright, so can trailer 10 minutes to get to the trail once opened here, but hoping to check out some eastern stuff this year 

There's trails right close to Sebright, depending where you are around there.  And some good road running around there to get to trails. 

We used to run the road sometimes to get to that great Hardware store was in town.  Trails close by. 

20 hours ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

. I fly the fiancée down from Thunder Bay and get out a couple weekends but looking to get out a bunch more.

So does that mean you are easing back on flying her down on weekends? Good call, gotta draw the line before marriage... LOL just kidding.....

Welcome to the forum!

Archived