The Best Link Ever (for trailer parking)

AdamGamble

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, AdamGamble said:

Any idea who maintains this site. There are a bunch of places I know of that aren't on the map and one that I'm not so sure is valid.

It is a darn good starting point. Volunteer updated.

Mczed38 from this site might be the go to person for the park and ride site.

25 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Any idea who maintains this site. There are a bunch of places I know of that aren't on the map and one that I'm not so sure is valid.

I just checked and it's linked to the Sledgas.com website.

Agreed that's it's a great starting point.  Also enjoy sledgas.com . Need connectivity (as far as I'm aware), but that's easy enough south of Sudbury and near the highways. Used it a few times over the years (the infamous 'C Trail' north of Alban - peel off to Noelville, out of the way; hope that Rich or the team is around at Owl's nest? or plow through to Estaire?). Very handy. And Estaire won that day.

Thanks for sharing Adam.  Parking seems to be a big issue for sledders, so this link is a great help.  My riding has typically been local, so having reliable parking info will help me to venture out a bit.  I'm hearing there's lots of new snow west of Barrie, so Friday morning I'm going to try parking at the New Lowell legion and head to Singhampton and beyond depending on trail conditions. 

1 hour ago, AlBoK said:

Thanks for sharing Adam.  Parking seems to be a big issue for sledders, so this link is a great help.  My riding has typically been local, so having reliable parking info will help me to venture out a bit.  I'm hearing there's lots of new snow west of Barrie, so Friday morning I'm going to try parking at the New Lowell legion and head to Singhampton and beyond depending on trail conditions. 

If you're in Singhampton a good lunch stop is Mylar & Lorettas. The trail rus by it

17 hours ago, Canuck said:

Agreed that's it's a great starting point.  Also enjoy sledgas.com . Need connectivity (as far as I'm aware), but that's easy enough south of Sudbury and near the highways. Used it a few times over the years (the infamous 'C Trail' north of Alban - peel off to Noelville, out of the way; hope that Rich or the team is around at Owl's nest? or plow through to Estaire?). Very handy. And Estaire won that day.

Shouldn't this thread be pinned?

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

If you're in Singhampton a good lunch stop is Mylar & Lorettas. The trail rus by it

Thanks - we will check it out. 

24 minutes ago, AlBoK said:

Thanks - we will check it out. 

Almost forgot... there is also gas directly across the road from Mylar and Lorettas

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Shouldn't this thread be pinned?

Done

Great advice Yamaha Fan. 

We met once, on the Snowcrest-Baxter group ride. Hope to cross path's with you again soon. It was a great ride, many laughs and even 'dig-out'  as I recall. Man, that sled was huge. 

There was an RX1 briefly stuck on that trip....is that the same incident, or did someone else also need a dig out?

37 minutes ago, Blake G said:

There was an RX1 briefly stuck on that trip....is that the same incident, or did someone else also need a dig out?

I seem to recall someone with an orange flag on the back of their sled getting stuck at a trail junction. I seem to recall he was a pretty nice guy too so he had help getting out of the rhubarb.

Surely you jest. 

Yeah the Park and Ride map is my baby. Some of you have already provided some new spots which I've updated. Thanks for that!

I try to just use locations that I find on club websites, Fb pages or personal experience. 

I'm a trailer-sledder so parking is a big deal for us no matter where we ride. Sometimes when I see the masses of rigs at the Tiviotdale truckstop I wonder if I've done the right thing lol.

Keep the info coming please.

Thank you for the site!

We have parked here twice within last week. Today we had 3 trailers, nine sleds. Sled friendly, just ask for permission and drop him a few bills to be nice. Trail is couple hundred feet down the road.

sorry map link didnt work. 

Listowel farm supply & Livestock. Thursday not a good day because livestock sale.

Rebuilt and parking areas changed somewhat but still has a large parking area at the back that stretches further west I believe.

Hi. 

There are 3 formally marked lots that can be added north of Algonquin Park in this link 

Missing Link also has a plowed sled lot  at Hwy 17 and Pine Valley Rd  ( 1 mile east of Stonecliffe - gas/general store in Stonecliffe )   confirmed Dec 2016 

On 1/7/2017 at 10:36 AM, coolbane said:

Does anyone know if trailer parking is still available at Superburger in Shelburne? I have some recollection that the site was redeveloped???

We parked and rode out of the Superburger on Monday. We were the only ones there at 7:30, it was packed by 8.

350 km North West to Walter's Falls, Meaford, down through Thornbury and back. Trails were great, drifted over where no windbreak.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:34 PM, mczed38 said:

Yeah the Park and Ride map is my baby. Some of you have already provided some new spots which I've updated. Thanks for that!

I try to just use locations that I find on club websites, Fb pages or personal experience. 

I'm a trailer-sledder so parking is a big deal for us no matter where we ride. Sometimes when I see the masses of rigs at the Tiviotdale truckstop I wonder if I've done the right thing lol.

Keep the info coming please.

PM sent

Archived