Snowmobile Cover

Muskoka_Mike

Hi Everyone

On my way home from Cochrane this past weekend, my Snowmobile cover, made by ski doo, ripped and is useless. I would like a new cover which I would like to use when trailering. My sled goes in the back of my pick up truck and is exposed to all the elements. Does anyone have a good cover that they would recommend? Thanks.

If you want one that fits properly, OEM is your best bet.

I figured OEM was the best, but I am trying to avoid paying over $300 for a cover. Hoping there is a good after market cover for half that price. Saw a few at Canadian Tire but I figured the best information on a cover would come from this site. Thanks.

Until someone chimes in with details, there was a thread on here last year? about a well made and reasonably priced cover.  Try using the search feature to see if you can find it.

24 minutes ago, Nunz said:

That is a good deal, but the cover is too big. Going to be flapping in the wind and eventually tear. Thanks anyways.

Are the Skinz covers still available from Royal Distributing Mike?  I had one for my 2010 1200 and it fit great, did not flap in the wind.

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Are the Skinz covers still available from Royal Distributing Mike?  I had one for my 2010 1200 and it fit great, did not flap in the wind.

I believe they are and they are over $100 cheaper than ski doo, but these covers go over the skis. I like to tie my sled down in the front, and with the cover over the skis, I do not have anything for the ratchet strap to wrap around in the front.

The Skinz cover from royal is a pain because of the over the skis thing, but its the best cover ive found for the $ thats not OEM!  Its still on the cheap side but way better than canadian tires covers, went through 2 in 2 trips with canadian tire cover, luckily they refunded me without any issue. Still the OEM covers seem to be the best!

I noticed Costco was selling stretchy trailerable snowmobile covers in Dec.  I think they were around 130.  No idea of the quality but if they are crap you just take it back.

got one from Costco, it appears to be well made. haven't trailered with it, but it was less than $100

Not what you want to hear or what has not already been stated, the OEM ones are the best, I've used a few over the years with zero issues....I've also known a few people who tried the cost effective ones with poor results.

Costco usually has decent stuff, so I'd be inclined to give their product a try, they are usually great with returns if need be as well!

I believe this was the company that was talked about here last year and maybe somebody has tried them? They used to have a free shipping or no tax deal if you spent a certain amount too.

http://outdoorcovers.ca/snowmobile-covers/

Mike.   If you can get this for $120 shipped it would be a great buy.  Newer style skidoo cover with the yellow side clips.   Looks like it would fit your machine 

Terry

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-parts-trailer-accessories/ottawa/2015-ski-doo-intense-trailering-cover-fits-mxz-renegade-gsx/1229093690?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

15 hours ago, Fox said:

Mike.   If you can get this for $120 shipped it would be a great buy.  Newer style skidoo cover with the yellow side clips.   Looks like it would fit your machine

Terry

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-parts-trailer-accessories/ottawa/2015-ski-doo-intense-trailering-cover-fits-mxz-renegade-gsx/1229093690?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks Terry, but I do not know if it will fit my sled perfectly as it says they fit 2015 MXZ, and mine is a 2009. I did send an inquiry regarding this, though. Hopefully it will fit, and I got family in the area that can pick it up.

48 minutes ago, Muskoka_Mike said:

Thanks Terry, but I do not know if it will fit my sled perfectly as it says they fit 2015 MXZ, and mine is a 2009. I did send an inquiry regarding this, though. Hopefully it will fit, and I got family in the area that can pick it up.

Mike,

I have the same cover.  It says it is for the XS platform but fits my XP sled good, but fits my XP sled better.

The yellow clips are tighter where they clip on to the rail (near your foot) on the XP vs the XS because the side panels are wider on the XP.   

Good Luck

I was just going to look at the ad again and make him an offer, but it looks like the add was taken down. Guess I was a little too slow. Thanks for the heads up, Terry

I've resewn my OEM Skidoo Cover twice already and after a 6-1/2 hr trip to the Soo for Christmas the cover looks like swiss cheese. I'm done fixing it. It looks like Amazon has non-OEM covers for less than half the price of OEM covers. Some even show they have 3 year warranties (although tough to say how well they are honoured) I'm pretty sure that will be my next move at this point....next thing to switching to an enclosed trailer.

33 minutes ago, Sledding today? said:

I've resewn my OEM Skidoo Cover twice already and after a 6-1/2 hr trip to the Soo for Christmas the cover looks like swiss cheese. I'm done fixing it. It looks like Amazon has non-OEM covers for less than half the price of OEM covers. Some even show they have 3 year warranties (although tough to say how well they are honoured) I'm pretty sure that will be my next move at this point....next thing to switching to an enclosed trailer.

Agreed, enclosed, if you can.....So much nicer!

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

Agreed, enclosed, if you can.....So much nicer!

I'm assuming enclosed are a little harder (less wind resistant) to pull versus open trailers?

15 minutes ago, Sledding today? said:

I'm assuming enclosed are a little harder (less wind resistant) to pull versus open trailers?

They are but so much better than having to peel off a frozen canvas cover and then find a place to leave it while you ride and then try and put this rigid frozen sheet back on.

18 minutes ago, Sledding today? said:

Yes for sure, but nothing too crazy, if it's a concern based on tow vehicle, they have narrower versions that tow much easier. It's when the enclosed trailer is wider than the tow vehicle when you start to notice them back there more.

But the pros out weight the cons :cheers:

Hey Mike i just got back from Uxbridge Small Engines 905-852-5884, i just bought a OEM cover for my 2016 Renegade for $225. They are having a sale on all their covers. Some covers started at $129. Pretty good deals i was calling around last week and most places wanted over $300 for the same cover. I know that your up north, but i could always pick one up for you, and we could meet up for a ride.

I'm going to be in bracebridge next weekend (unless the trails are still closed) if not the following weekend for sure. I can also pick one up for you Mike if needed.

My cabin is off 117 between bracebridge and baysville. 

Terry

If someone could pick one up for me, that would be great. I drive a 2009 Ski Doo 50th Anniversary sled with a 120 inch track. I went to my dealership to inquire about the cover, and they told me that they are on back order until February 21. If someone picks one up for me, I am sure that we can meet up and possibly go for a ride. Thanks everyone.

Archived