Restaurant near Bon Echo Park

BobcatColin

Hi all.

I'm planning a group trip and was looking for a lunch spot somewhere near Bon Echo. We are starting in Apsley with Calabogie being our end destination. 2 groups of 7 riders.

Let me know if you know any hidden gems along that route that's open on weekdays!

Thanks!

We rode that area several years ago and food was very hard to find. We ended up having a pizza at the general store in Cloyne. On another trip we stayed at a motel north of Bon Echo and they did provide a pot of chilli for dinner since we arrived late in the evening. I checked the map and I see it was the Mazinaw Lakeside Eatery. The resort is more like a motel with a trailer park across the road. Accommodations was quite limited and "rustic", owners were friendly and helpful.

Looks like Wednesdays the restaurant is closed.

Jerry

Little mom and pop place right on E101, just below the Outlook at Bon Echo.. Not open Monday or Tuesdays....

• 3 weeks later...

The Mazinaw Inn. It's just south of Bon Echo right off the E101 in the town of Cloyne. Shell gas station right across the road. Had lunch there Wednesday, menu wasn't big but had all the basics. Trails were also exceptional. Freshly groomed and not busy at all through the week. Only saw 2 other sets of riders the whole day. 

Good luck and safe riding!!!

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, dweese said:

Little mom and pop place right on E101, just below the Outlook at Bon Echo.. Not open Monday or Tuesdays....

Any idea what the place is called, so I can find it :-)

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Any idea what the place is called, so I can find it :-)

Mazinaw Lakeside Resort Eatery... If Google Maps is correct, and list the address as 17368 ON-41.. 

They have free WiFi as well. 

Archived