Stolen sled and trailer

dedge68

Trailer has decals no other tritans have

IMG_0061.jpg

dirty ho meisters

Where'd they grab it?

Damn thieves. Trailer is indeed unique. Where was it taken from.

Someone once asked me why I lock the coupler on my trailer when it's connected to the truck and lock the pin that holds the trailer hitch into the truck receiver. I've done it ever since I came back to a parking lot one time and there was a guy there talking to the cops. He went out riding and came back to find that someone unhooked his trailer and drove off with the trailer and his other sled.

Alliton

Its 2013 artic cat turbo. It has cut outs on the front and back of the hood to keep it cool

Since I live near Alliston what is the trailer plate number just in case we see a similar trailer and we are behind it. Would love to help you get it back. 

That sucks.. I'll certainly keep on eye out for it while I'm driving the highway for you 

This is on the back of trailer but with white out line

IMG_0882.jpg

Hate to be the devil's Advocate here ...   this thread was started with not enough information provided as to identification, location of Trailer and snowmobile when stolen. Then it's like pulling teeth by other members to get the info from the original poster.

However ...  sorry to learn of your loss.  A pox on those that stole it.

15 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Damn thieves. Trailer is indeed unique. Where was it taken from.

Someone once asked me why I lock the coupler on my trailer when it's connected to the truck and lock the pin that holds the trailer hitch into the truck receiver. I've done it ever since I came back to a parking lot one time and there was a guy there talking to the cops. He went out riding and came back to find that someone unhooked his trailer and drove off with the trailer and his other sled.

Gary ...  I do the very same thing to secure my trailer to my vehicle. Once I came back from a ride to Snow Voyageurs SC where I parked and some guys were at my trailer. I didn't realise they were trying to steal it. I rode up and stopped behind the trailer ...  they realised it was mine, one said hi and the others took off in a F150. I thought they were admiring my rig ..  (stupid me, naïve comes to mind). After the 3rd guy chatted with me for awhile ( he had a open trailer without front guard) I tried to open my trailer and noticed the key had a hard time opening the trailer. It did eventually, I loaded my sled ... then it hit me. I looked at my coupler lock ... that was ok. I looked at my trailer hitch lock to my SUV and the lock was rotated from where I usually set it. The huge nut  with lock washer that holds the 2 1/2 inch ball had a wrench still tightened to it.

Long story short ....  I got to keep the wrench.  This was back in 2014.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones ..  :bluerolleyes:

Just plaster your trailer and truck with junk removal decals. Seen a guy up north last year and I asked him how is junk removal business's was going. He told me he had a trailer stolen and sleds taken in past, so put stickers on the trailer and truck. 

No issues since. 

Maybe it is a good idea :) 

31 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Just plaster your trailer and truck with junk removal decals. Seen a guy up north last year and I asked him how is junk removal business's was going. He told me he had a trailer stolen and sleds taken in past, so put stickers on the trailer and truck. 

No issues since. 

Maybe it is a good idea :) 

Stickers like this?

Polaris 2.jpg

Arctic_Cat.jpg

Ski-Doo2.jpg

:rotflmao::lmao:

29 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Stickers like this?

Polaris 2.jpg

Arctic_Cat.jpg

Ski-Doo2.jpg

:rotflmao::lmao:

Your first zinger for 2017?

I heard about a person who had their Yamaha stolen from their cottage. The crook brought it back later that day and stole the Arctic Cat instead

LOL

4 hours ago, catinental couch said:

How did they lift either one?

Okay... that one got a chuckle... but on a serious note. In south west Muskoka there was a problem with sleds being stolen. People were inside their cottages and their sleds were stolen overnight. Guys were walking up, picking the sleds up and carrying them to the road. I know one person who now runs a heavy chain through the skid of his sled and around the 6X6 of his cottage deck when he goes in for the night and another who chains their two sleds together.

I don't know if they ever caught the scum that were doing it. Some people even captured it on their security cameras.

I have heard of "horror" stories of Ontario riders in Quebec. Not sure how much is totally true but it does appear they have a bigger problem there than we do here. So many of the accommodations seem to emphasize that they have a staffed security compound or indoor storage to lock your sleds in overnight. I know there are places in northern Ontario with indoor storage but I get the sense that is more to keep it out of the elements and cold than it is for theft. I have heard of people traveling in Quebec that run a piece of fishing line from their sled, under the motel room door and tie it to their ankle or wrist.

I did see a group of 4 sleds at Deerhurst once that had all backed up into a clock pattern. 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 so the rear of their sleds were basically touching. They then ran a chain through them all.

20 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I have heard of "horror" stories of Ontario riders in Quebec. Not sure how much is totally true but it does appear they have a bigger problem there than we do here. So many of the accommodations seem to emphasize that they have a staffed security compound or indoor storage to lock your sleds in overnight. I know there are places in northern Ontario with indoor storage but I get the sense that is more to keep it out of the elements and cold than it is for theft. I have heard of people traveling in Quebec that run a piece of fishing line from their sled, under the motel room door and tie it to their ankle or wrist.

I did see a group of 4 sleds at Deerhurst once that had all backed up into a clock pattern. 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 so the rear of their sleds were basically touching. They then ran a chain through them all.

We always cable-lock our group's sleds together overnight while on tour in Quebec, if we are within relatively easy driving distance of Montreal or Quebec City and/or in an "exposed" visible situation near a main street or highway;  in more remote regions like Gaspe, Saguenay or Abitibi-Temiscaming, not so much.  Ditto for northern Ontario, unless our accommodation spot is easily seen and accessed from the highway, or in a larger hotel situation where the sleds cannot be parked right outside our room door.  Of course, nothing is absolutely theft-proof, but the secret is to make it tough enough that the would-be thieves give up and try somewhere else.  And BRP's "DESS" security system sure doesn't hurt either...can't understand why the other 3 OEMs haven't devised something similar. 

41 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Believe me it is not just sleds.

18 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Believe me it is not just sleds.

I know they like to target out of province cars and trucks. I used to spend a lot of time in Montreal on business. When I looked at the option of driving to Montreal versus the time it took to travel to the airport, go through Park N Fly, get checked in etc. then pick up a rental car in Montreal they were about the same amount of time. I opted for flying rather than put my truck at risk. The Montreal cops also like to target out of province cars for tickets. Especially the no right turn on a red on the island.

Archived