Anyone up reading this now and looking to go sledding - Barrie area

tight lines

Happy New Year! 2017

I will be leaving from Sno Voyageurs Club location, heading out now and will take me approx. 1 1/2 to get there - anyone interested in meeting up and going sledding? I'm not familiar with the area - if you are that would be bonus  :) but if not that's okay too!

Just reply to this post and I'll see once I get there - I have a Silver truck with a enclosed Gray SnoPro trailer and my ride is a Red/Blk Yamaha Viper - say hi and let me know.

Wish you had mentioned this ride a day before. I'm planning on next weekend.  Rode from there many times.  Really nice trails, SV  Club does a great job grooming their trails. I see it is limited open so some spots might be bumpy. The rail bed should be fine heading to Midland. 

Have a great day and Happy new year. 

Cheers.   If you are up for it next week we can meet up. 

Tight lines I expect to be at the junction of trails B and C at around 10:40. Just north of groomer building near Coughlin Rd and Horseshoe Valley Road. Possibly a few minutes earlier. I will be coming from Highway 11 Westward via b112b and then B to the junction of B and C. Big black cat with tiny orange flag. Also black Polaris.

Didn't run into tight lines.

Had a nice little jaunt with White Dragon. Beautiful day for riding, although the Trails were a little on the bumpy side.

Checked out the Apto Esso for a coffee and donut. Very easy access by snowmobile, despite not being on an actual OFSC trail. Will remember this place in the future. Very handy.

was a nice little ride,forgot how nice trails are in barrie...thx for invite blake

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

Had a nice little jaunt with White Dragon. Beautiful day for riding, although the Trails work a little on the bumpy side.

Checked out the Apto Esso for a coffee and donut. Very easy access by snowmobile, despite not being on an actual OFSC trail. Will remember this place in the future. Very handy.

Got in a while ago - had another great day on the trails, where I was I also found them bumpy 

Hey Blake, odd because I did not receive a copy of your earlier reply but did receive this one along with White Dragon's post. 

I believe the Esso he's referring to is off the Rainbow Valley Road West at HWY 27. If you zoom the ITG down you will see the Esso. Little road running to get to it but if there's lots of snow it's good.

59 minutes ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

hey blake where is this esso what trail or location 

Blue circle on the map. Was discussed in another thread last week.

gas locations 20161226 c.jpg

Zoomed in a bit. Green circle is Apto Esso.

apto esso.jpg

15 hours ago, Team2UP said:

I believe the Esso he's referring to is off the Rainbow Valley Road West at HWY 27. If you zoom the ITG down you will see the Esso. Little road running to get to it but if there's lots of snow it's good.

We've been going there for years.  That place is perfect for fuel.  Haven't had an issue yet running the roads there.  Has everything you need to.

On 1/1/2017 at 2:25 PM, Blake G said:

Had a nice little jaunt with White Dragon. Beautiful day for riding, although the Trails work a little on the bumpy side.

Very handy indeed. She let's me park there for day trips. One of the guys suggested Snow Voyagers clubhouse instead.  Love that area.

If I am trailering to that general area I tend to go a bit further west than Rainbow Valley Rd. and Hwy 27. I like to stage at the sports park on Klondike Park Rd and Veterans Way (aka Powerline Rd) in Wasaga. Their clubhouse is right there and lots of parking available. Typically we go west from there towards Stayner, Collingwood, Singhampton areas. A favourite lunch stop is Mylar and Lorettas in Singhampton which is right on the trail with gas directly across the road.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Great info, 02Sled. Staging further west allows you to delve into Collingwood regions. For some reason, we always hit rough farmers' fields earlier in the season out that way. Trails would be open...but fields were rough. Happened a few times. 

Looks good, 02Sled.

Maybe we can take a little day ride, so you can show me some of those trails?

PS: I've noticed B Trail has not been available this season, going west from Klondike Park Road. Any idea why?

The views from the top of Blue Mountain are worth going for. The Falls Inn and Spa, Walters Falls west of Collingwood is a nice place to stop overnight. Especially if you're traveling with a wife or girlfriend. There are other places in the area as well.

http://thefallsinn.com/

Capture.JPG

23 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Looks good, 02Sled.

Maybe we can take a little day ride, so you can show me some of those trails?

PS: I've noticed B Trail has not been available this season, going west from Klondike Park Road. Any idea why?

Can't say for sure but if you zoom in on the ITG you can see it crosses a bunch of farm fields that as of yet are likely far from frozen and I suspect they are trying to maintain good relations with the land owners. That would be my guess.

Capture.JPG

Archived