'75 Alpine

Crow

Looking for parts for my sons 1975 Alpine. Anyone know where I could find a lower steering shaft (leg) and steering arm. Possibly purchase complete machine for right price.  Not sure how many model years have the same part numbers. Any info appreciated.

No not yet, thanks. Found a leg on Ebay that is apparently new unused,in California, the hotbed of snowmobiling. May have to go that route.

Can't say I have come across that site in my searching. Thanks jrhz06. I'll keep that one in my favourites list. I see the last guy posted looking for the same part. Had a friend with an eBay account order one for me this afternoon. I'll keep watching for a parts machine because as soon as one issue is solved something else friggin' breaks.

you can also try Vintage Sledgroup of Ontario on facebook. Lots of guys with lots of parts and contacts.

Kerry

You can really get burned on the duty $ when ordering used parts from the US. Small, light stuff is ok but i ordered some boggie wheel assemblies  and exhaust pieces for my old 74 Deere 300 a few years back and it was ridiculous what i got nailed for duty. Hope it works out just givin a heads up from experience. I love those old alpines. Fond memories being stuck in the slush on Hughes lake with my Dad as a kid. 

Take a look at Hearst Virtual Garage Sale.  Don't know how far you want to look, but Michel Bureau had one for sale a little while back.  Don't think it was mint, but seems most of it was there .... there was one in another garage sale around Cochrane, on Kap Virtual GArage sale I think .....

15 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

You can really get burned on the duty $ when ordering used parts from the US. Small, light stuff is ok but i ordered some boggie wheel assemblies  and exhaust pieces for my old 74 Deere 300 a few years back and it was ridiculous what i got nailed for duty. Hope it works out just givin a heads up from experience. I love those old alpines. Fond memories being stuck in the slush on Hughes lake with my Dad as a kid. 

Thanks for the heads up Steve F6, I was wondering about that. Asked my friend about any extra charges, and he warned me about duty and possible brokerage fees, said he has seen between $25 - 75 on purchases he has made. Hopefully it's not more than that, but the sled is useless without it.

"Fond memories being stuck in the slush on Hughes lake with my Dad as a kid"    Funny you say that. I been on a sled every winter since the late '70s, I remember getting Dads T'nT stuck, flooding the Everest on a cold start, scratching the SS25, and on and on, but I can't say I remember the times I went out and nothing happened ( pretty sure I had trips that were uneventful, I hope).

The big charges come from using a courier.  They use a broker to clear customs and the fees are for the broker.  Yes, you could have a $100 bill at the door on arrival.  BTDT with a clutch.   Ouch.

Best way is always have things shipped by USPS. US Parcel Service.  It will be cleared and handed off to Canada Post and they will deliver or you will be notified and pick up at your post office.  This is what keeps Amazon in business.

BP

Ok thanks BP. He said it was being shipped USPS. I'll post how much extra it was once it arrives for S#!ts and giggles.

USPS - United states postal service.

Generally speaking.

I have no idea what you are talking about, its right.

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, the part was ordered from California on Dec 30 and received on Jan 4 in Arnprior, On. Shipped by USPS and there were no extra charges.

Now only if it fit! Looked the same but is a larger diameter shaft.

Archived