SNOWTRAX TV

ToSlow

The new season starts on OLN next Saturday.

I haven't watched it since the ownership change.

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

I haven't watched it since the ownership change.

Not as good as the original founder/producer John Massingberd shows. I lived with John and his girlfriend the last ten years of his life. Very hard to see a man larger then life die from ALS in just over a year and a half of being diagnosed with it. It was cool when fall rolled around because John would have new sleds in the trailer.He would say lets check out the sleds in the trailer. It would be a race between John and i out to the trailer to see the new sleds.Lol... I was very lucky to see new sleds from all the manufacturers when he brought them home. 

37 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Not as good as the original founder/producer John Massingberd shows. I lived with John and his girlfriend the last ten years of his life. Very hard to see a man larger then life die from ALS in just over a year and a half of being diagnosed with it. It was cool when fall rolled around because John would have new sleds in the trailer.He would say lets check out the sleds in the trailer. It would be a race between John and i out to the trailer to see the new sleds.Lol... I was very lucky to see new sleds from all the manufacturers when he brought them home. 

John was in it fr the good f the sport

I enjoy watching it and Snowmobiler TV. Take the reviews for what they are, no different than reading any sort of media reviews online or in print.

i watch it for the entertaining value not for the reveiws. the sport has and always will be my fav over motorbiking, atv'ing, or any other sport i'm involved in

I guess some people gotta hate on something.. 

I really liked this episode..

Lots of tall pines hcsa in that. Video 

40 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Lots of hcsa and tall pines in that episode.

57 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Excellent episode 

18 hours ago, snowchopper said:

Yes that sucked big time. We chatted w/ John @ the Casey's in Kap' 1 night as we finished dinner & were heading out. They hadn't started eating & we stopped to talk. He came across as just another sledder asking us where we had ridden in from & what's we were up to next.

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

Yes that sucked big time. We chatted w/ John @ the Casey's in Kap' 1 night as we finished dinner & were heading out. They hadn't started eating & we stopped to talk. He came across as just another sledder asking us where we had ridden in from & what's we were up to next.

John was very down to earth. He was liked by many for that very reason.

I still watch both shows.

Some entertainment can be found in it. 

I follow thier Facebook page. AJ posted some pics and a short video of him on a Snowbike today. I commented looks fun wish they would make them trail legal here in Ontario and they deleted my comment :(

Wonder if I hit a sore subject, or are sbowbikes grey area under the MSVA and they didn't want me to spoil thier fun...

No Grey area.

MSVA  states 

motorized snow vehicle” means a self-propelled vehicle designed to be driven primarily on snow.

a snowbike, quad with tracks, etc does not meet this definition.

On 2016-12-28 at 6:15 AM, snowchopper said:

John was a true ambassador of the sport and a great friend.  Every season when reminiscing about past trips, Johnny M's name comes up and we remember all the good times and laughs (and maybe a few pints) that we enjoyed together.  

He will always be missed and remembered.

On 2017-01-01 at 10:39 PM, soupkids said:

No Grey area.

MSVA  states 

motorized snow vehicle” means a self-propelled vehicle designed to be driven primarily on snow.

a snowbike, quad with tracks, etc does not meet this definition.

Arctic Cats SVX 450 is purpose built for the snow from the factory unlike a modded YZF 450 with a timbersled add on. Wait till they start to show up on trails. They do meet MSVA and sure as heck meets the definition of a motorized snow vehicle. 

This will be a very slippery slope.

The courts will have to decide if it meets the definition.

Being primarily a dirt bike guy, I'd have one in a minute if they got trail legal status, and the obvious bugz worked out.

Like the mountain sled issue, I suspect a small group will ruin the fun for everyone.

I had the the pleasure of meeting him once at Timmies in Hearst, they were up here riding in late season conditions, was mid or late April IIRC.  Anyway, like many have already mentioned, he was no different than the rest of us, just a guy doing a job, with the same passions as the next guy.  Sure wish he had been wearing his awesome King Ropes cap, I'd have given my 2 eye teeth and left nut for him to autograph it for me.

He was probably the single most loved sled-related celebrity I've ever seen or heard about.  Watched the show religiously, but as it often happens, when a great host leaves a show, the replacement leaves something missing.  The Angler and Hunter went through the same fate along with several other shows. Thomas Pigeon was a great host (along with his predecessor, whose name slips my mind), now the 3 Beasley boys just don't do it for me.

Archived