Just saying hi and Merry Christmas to all

Grant

As an excited newbie, just thought I would introduce us, Grant and Donna to the group.

We are new to this group, but not to snowmobiling. We started on "Old Ollie" a 1969 Skidoo Olympic 320 in 1974. After a few minor issues, engine rebuild, track replacement, rewiring the lights, welding muffler we had the bug and added a 1974 Skidoo 400 Free Air in 1976. After another engine rebuild the 400 and suspension rebuild we were set.

Continued enjoying the sport in the Gravenhurst and Muskoka area until about 2006 then sold all.

In 2014 we rented in Quebec for an overnighter with a group of business friends, 500 km round trip on fantastic trails and we were hooked again.

The ride on the 2014 Skidoo Renegades 600 & 1200 were a little different that our past '96s.

Retired in July, bought current sleds and trailer in August and currently waiting for the trails to open. Now we don't have to wait for the weekends or take a winter vacation to enjoy snowmobiling again. 

Anyways, that is our intro.

Grant and Donna.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum... there's a few Snowcrest people here that like to do mid week.

Thank you and that's good for mid week. 

welcome grant,have you fell into a pot of honey here.bunch of retired riders that are all young at heart & love to ride.get ahold of blake g...he is available 9am-3pm everyday,knows every trail within 100 sq miles & not a bad guy to boot

29 minutes ago, white dragon said:

welcome grant,have you fell into a pot of honey here.bunch of retired riders that are all young at heart & love to ride.get ahold of blake g...he is available 9am-3pm everyday,knows every trail within 100 sq miles & not a bad guy to boot

Yeah... Blake's ok I guess :D Just kidding... great guy, especially if you want to pick up butter tarts along the way. I know I'm always up for a butter tart or two especially if they have raisins.

Welcome to the forum and hope to meet up soon.

Welcome to the forum Grant & Donna. Enjoy your retirement on your new sleds.

Welcome and Happy Trails !

Welcome to the forum Grant. Lots of sledders here to ride with during the week in your area. I'm jealous. 

Thanks everyone. SlowTouringGuy, we are located just outside of Gravenhurst just off C101D. The ride all the way down to Sunnycrest Lodge on Kahshe used to be a full night ride in the old days just for a bowl of chile and a cold one. 

Planning to bring the trailer Queens to Gravenhurst tomorrow and get them off the trailer for the first time since the purchase in August. Was too busy completing a custom build snowmobile/quad trailer for a customer during our recent blast of snow.  Trailer complete now with delivery next week, so free for the week.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Thanks everyone. SlowTouringGuy, we are located just outside of Gravenhurst just off C101D. The ride all the way down to Sunnycrest Lodge on Kahshe used to be a full night ride in the old days just for a bowl of chile and a cold one. 

Sunnycrest !!   Oh, the memories !   :-D

Archived