Riding HOO tomorrow - Thu Dec 22, 2016 ?

Blake G

Anybody interested in a ride between 10 and 2 out of Cannington area tomorrow? Is there a place to unload? 

Hey Blake it looks like there's parking just south of Cannington where the B103 crosses Sideroad 18 just south of Shedden Road. What time are you thinking of being there?

I should be able to make it by 10 or 1005. Are you interested?

I was actually thinking of heading directly out of here at home, Everett but might go to Wasaga Beach and park at the town park on the Klondike. Maiden voyage of the year. All Green up in Wasaga. Little road rash to get the trail from home. However I could try the new Rolliskis I put on. I think I'll stick close to home for the first one.

Righto Dave. Be safe. Hopefully see you in Barrie on Friday.

Cannington anyone?

Will Try

Blake you can park at the clubhouse if you are cautious not to block where the groomers turn around. I rode the trails late last night and they are in fantastic shape for early season riding. Keep an eye out for groomers as they are working during the day. 

Edit:  conditions are best on the rail line south of the clubhouse, and east toward Opmar Road on the E108

Perfect.  Thank you.

I rode the E108 from Sunderland to Lindsay last night and it was in great shape, no gravel or rocks at all on the rail bed.

Thanks, Musselman. Sounds good.

Anyone have suggestions for a lunch stop or refueling near Cannington?

Fuel is just south of the clubhouse in Sunderland.  Not sure what to recommend for lunch.

There is gas in sunderland at the Esso right off the trail. There are also a few small restaurants but they are in town so you would need to run a bit of road. The Century House Grill is pretty nice, you need to head up river street at the lights and turn left at the next set of lights.

Any restaurants that support the club?

Left Gravenhurst at 845.

2016-12-22 17.16.07.jpg

Heading for the Cannington GREEN.

2016-12-22 17.17.14.png

On the way to Cannington I stopped at the Beaverton McDonald's, and was distracted by a sign.

2016-12-22 17.18.24.jpg

Made it to the Heart of Ontario Clubhouse and Groomer Shop by 955.

2016-12-22 17.19.12.jpg

No problem finding a place to park. Someone was already sledding.

2016-12-22 17.19.50.jpg

I was having so much fun that I missed the turn to Albuquerque and got to see this private trail sign.

2016-12-22 17.20.38.jpg

Straightened myself out and got pointed toward Lindsay.

2016-12-22 17.21.06.jpg

Most of the trails were railbeds. I like railbeds.

2016-12-22 17.22.23.jpg

A few sweepers through farm fields for some variety.

2016-12-22 17.23.37.jpg

I enjoyed my day 100%. I will most definitely be returning to this area. Beautiful country.

Thank you to the Heart of Ontario crew, for setting up such a lovely network.

52 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Left Gravenhurst at 845.

2016-12-22 17.16.07.jpg

Heading for the Cannington GREEN.

2016-12-22 17.17.14.png

On the way to Cannington I stopped at the Beaverton McDonald's, and was distracted by a sign.

2016-12-22 17.18.24.jpg

Made it to the Heart of Ontario Clubhouse and Groomer Shop by 955.

2016-12-22 17.19.12.jpg

No problem finding a place to park. Someone was already sledding.

2016-12-22 17.19.50.jpg

I was having so much fun that I missed the turn to Albuquerque and got to see this private trail sign.

2016-12-22 17.20.38.jpg

Straightened myself out and got pointed toward Lindsay.

2016-12-22 17.21.06.jpg

Most of the trails were railbeds. I like railbeds.

2016-12-22 17.22.23.jpg

A few sweepers through farm fields for some variety.

2016-12-22 17.23.37.jpg

I enjoyed my day 100%. I will most definitely be returning to this area. Beautiful country.

Thank you to the Heart of Ontario crew, for setting up such a lovely network.

Wow looks like a great day!!!  Man does work get in the way!!!

Love the pics...may go tomorrow!!!

looks like you had a great ride

Absolutely.

Thank you for your hospitality, Jason.

I look forward to sledding with you this winter.

Saw your trailer (via the cam).  Glad you had a great ride!

Great report and pics! Keep em coming! 

Wow looks like it was a nice ride, I wish I could have gone out with you, maybe next time.

P.S. Great pics!

Great pics!

It's been a few years since I've had a chance to ride down in that area. Back in 2000 it was the earliest riding ever for me down there. First Fri' of Dec' rode from a friend's home west of Uxbridge up to Sunderland for a bite. That was the maiden trip of my '01 MXZ 600.

This is awesome, Glad to see you guys had a great ride on H.O.O's trails. I have been with this club for 10 years & have been trying to make this happen which was very hard. The last 2 season have been awesome. We have a great group of people that want the same thing. We want to hear people saying they had an a great ride through H.O.Os trails. We are working hard on training new groomer operators, this means are trails will only get better through out the winter. 

Thanks again to everyone on Heart Of Ontario, our volunteers & OC, I am having alot of fun again & looking forword to grooming & riding our trails. 

:-D

45 minutes ago, RotaxMike said:

This is awesome, Glad to see you guys had a great ride on H.O.O's trails. I have been with this club for 10 years & have been trying to make this happen which was very hard. The last 2 season have been awesome. We have a great group of people that want the same thing. We want to hear people saying they had an a great ride through H.O.Os trails. We are working hard on training new groomer operators, this means are trails will only get better through out the winter. 

Thanks again to everyone on Heart Of Ontario, our volunteers & OC, I am having alot of fun again & looking forword to grooming & riding our trails. 

:-D

Glad to hear the fun is back Mike... Looks awesome....

Archived