Riding HOO tomorrow - Thu Dec 22, 2016 ?

Blake G

I went out last night from sunderland to the club house and the trails were freshly groomed. North of the clubhouse got a bit rougher in the yellow section of trail but not bad.

Not sure if the yellow has been groomed, I didn't go too far. The rail line to Lindsay is in good shape though.

It is certainly OK to park and launch at the clubhouse.  Please park in the section across from the building but nearer the road so that you are not blocking the path for the groomers to get on and off the trail. ( They don't turn on a dime :-) )

Sort of the red area in the pic below.

yard.jpg

On 2016-12-22 at 7:35 PM, Blake G said:

Absolutely.

Thank you for your hospitality, Jason.

I look forward to sledding with you this winter.

Looking forward to it Blake

12 hours ago, Dmarks said:

So is it possible to park at club house and ride to Lindsey? I'm guessing yellow section had not been groomed?

Yellow section north of the Clubhouse (Linden Valley Road) has been groomed, but there is not much base. Take it easy through there. If you cannot find space in the zone SJ indicated, I think you can park at the Sunderland Co-op with permission from the owners. Enjoy your ride!

We have just opened up the H9 and H10 North off the the B103. Conditions are great through there.

Conditions 11 Dec 23.png

Just got back from grooming to beaverton & back. conditions are great for the 1st pass. The trail is now been updated to open. ENJOY  :D

14 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Glad to hear the fun is back Mike... Looks awesome....

Thanks Paul, It is nice to hear poeple enjoying our trails. Everybody on Heart Of Ontario Snowmobile Club & our volunteers have worked so hard & we all had fun. 

Great job on the trails guys, I'm going to check out H9 and H10 today!

With the warm weather and rain the trails are now closed. Hopefully we can recover quickly from this brief warm up. 

Merry Christmas!! Hopefully everyone asked Santa for more cold and snow!

Archived