Open Limited

Faceman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you are so right. The Good Ship Lollipop took some major hits last night, downpour after downpour. We still have base in some areas but not near enough.

1526605_678492652171301_908474401_n.jpg

:banghead: but the comic is funny 

Rather rude too, of course, but perhaps appropriate at some point each season.

8 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

She's all but over here in the south.. gonna be a long time before things gonna turn around.warm for at least a week and a bit forecast shows..

it isn't over. We need the snow gone so the ground can freeze properly and get a decent season. Half the time south doesn't start until Feb anyway's. Snow will back end of Jan and will last until mid march. Will be lots of riding yet. Never seen two bad years in a row and models show cold is coming and is going to stay. :-)

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

it isn't over. We need the snow gone so the ground can freeze properly and get a decent season. Half the time south doesn't start until Feb anyway's. Snow will back end of Jan and will last until mid march. Will be lots of riding yet. Never seen two bad years in a row and models show cold is coming and is going to stay. :-)

I hope your right

call it an extended January thaw then lol

I think February will be better too.

On January 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Sledguy74 said:

call it an extended January thaw then lol

I think February will be better too.

No worries I have the atv back out and having fun, so it will snow soon. Maybe can organize an eater ride in northern Ontario (it is early this year) :) 

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

If you are looking for a mid week ride partner, I can get out for the day :-).

lets get snow back first

8 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

lets get snow back first

I thought you have an atv as well?

I do but its on winter storage 

4 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

I do but its on winter storage 

I see. We have to make it up and ride with Blake this spring or summer. :) 

Yes that would be a good idea. Don't really have a ATV gang to ride with.

3 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Yes that would be a good idea. Don't really have a ATV gang to ride with.

I know it's not necessarily in your backyard but perhaps people with ATV's trailer to ride just like snowmobilers do. Baxter ATV club (Port Severn) have a number of organized group rides throughout the year.

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I know it's not necessarily in your backyard but perhaps people with ATV's trailer to ride just like snowmobilers do. Baxter ATV club (Port Severn) have a number of organized group rides throughout the year.

Ya I should show up for a group ride and see what's its like.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Thanks 02! Might have to give it a go this summer.  So when are you getting an Atv?? lol

17 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Gonna be a long wait if you wanna ride in the south again this year..:banghead:

Been out riding abit today already. Good thing I have an Atv. :-), no weather blues. Might have to buy another one soon, sledding interest is dropping fast with this weather.

23 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Thanks 02! Might have to give it a go this summer.  So when are you getting an Atv?? lol

Thought about it but not for me. I have an aversion to mosquitos and they seem to like my blood. If I headed into those trails in the middle of summer it would be like ringing the dinner bell and yelling come and get me. To each their own but I also don't have any interest in getting covered head to toe in mud like many others do.

For what it's worth, I bought a used atv last spring, rode it many times, and don't recall being muddy or bug bitten even once. Unlike sledding, where I seem to ride in questionable early and late season conditions, with the atv I guess I was more fussy. I opted for good dry trails and gravel roads. The mud and swamps can be left for others to enjoy.

PS: I trailered to the Seguin Trail, Kearney area, and Haliburton for much of my riding.

Archived