Palmerston Snow Kings

FrostyTheSnowman

I'm about 25 miles southwest of there and while we have had snow, it has been blown into ditches and fence bottoms. Plowed fields are quite bare. They probably have more snow than here. Seems like there is some packing and a bit of grooming getting started in the area.

• 4 years later...

Palmerston and Listowel trails were excellent this morning, Listowel caught another Lake effect streamer, there is no shortage of snow there 

just an 80 mile rip enjoying all the fluff 

more playing around with the go pro 

B109 had a steady stream of traffic east of Conestoga lake ...... had to be 50 + 

5533F213-78D1-4B3C-AF42-9170B63CA23D.jpeg

E051DA26-C3E7-4A93-9507-E580A9D93E13.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Palmerston and Listowel trails were excellent this morning, Listowel caught another Lake effect streamer, there is no shortage of snow there 

just an 80 mile rip enjoying all the fluff 

more playing around with the go pro 

B109 had a steady stream of traffic east of Conestoga lake ...... had to be 50 + 

5533F213-78D1-4B3C-AF42-9170B63CA23D.jpeg

E051DA26-C3E7-4A93-9507-E580A9D93E13.jpeg

You start from elimra again or some where else? 

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You start from elimra again or some where else? 

Elmira

Mount forest has been very good but Friday it was rough and volunteerr said something about groomer issues

Hope they got it fixed and get back out this week 

groomer is up again in mount forest, durham was rough, stay west of hwy 6 and trails are good.

If you folks ever see me on the trails say hello, i think i'm the only guy in the D9 riding a black on black ZR7000 LTD

Edited by ToSlow
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was in Palmerston this morning getting fuel and some Doos were getting fuel , had a short chat said some areas were ok and others not so as expected 

glad some are out for likely the last ride down here ! :)

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Was in Palmerston this morning getting fuel and some Doos were getting fuel , had a short chat said some areas were ok and others not so as expected 

glad some are out for likely the last ride down here ! :)

Was out yesterday. Truck stop was packed. All fields were good, road crossings sucked, some bridge crossings were real bad, tried to avoid most of them. Did 125 km’s snow was soft enough to not need scratchers. Sled needs a wash now, after some of bush trails north of Ayton had next to no snow in them and was down to water and mud. No over Heating so was a good last ride. Funny how snow drops right off there. Came back thru Harriston and Clifford once I got near Hanouver side snow improved. Was low snow zone for 25 km’s or so. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Just now, Strong Farmer said:

Was out yesterday. Truck stop was packed. All fields were good, road crossings sucked, some bridge crossings were real bad, tried to avoid most of them. Did 125 km’s snow was soft enough to not need scratchers. Sled needs a wash now, after some of bush trails north of Ayton had next to no snow in them and was down to water and mud. No over Heating so was a good last ride. 

Glad you got out for one more ride 

10 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Glad you got out for one more ride 

Defiantly allot harder to get around. Only bad section I encountered was top of neaustead. Be awhile before I go that way again. Tried to go towards Durham but road run was pure gravel as far as I could see. So that was out. Those club trails near Durham are awesome if you can get down roads. Middle of season no issue. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

9 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Defiantly allot harder to get around. Only bad section I encountered was top of neaustead. Be awhile before I go that way again. Tried to go towards Durham but road run was pure gravel as far as I could see. So that was out. Those club trails near Durham are awesome if you can get down roads. Middle of season no issue. 

Will have to try them next season 

Would be great if we could get another good season down here and I need to not volunteer more at work in February lol 

Edited by Sledguy74

29 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Will have to try them next season 

Would be great if we could get another good season down here and I need to not volunteer more at work in February lol 

Next year I am going all way around mid week. Start in mount forest for a change. See what nest winter brings. You probably be in kearny then, enjoying those trails. 

5 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Next year I am going all way around mid week. Start in mount forest for a change. See what nest winter brings. You probably be in kearny then, enjoying those trails. 

Not likely, I’m enjoying relearning the home trails. Spent 20 yrs riding out of Katrine & Kearney and loved it but just taking a break from all the travelling 

we will have to drop in MF and ride from there see where we end up 

mid week of course :)

• 1 year later...

4A9BBF1F-AA9C-4D2B-A35C-832AA148CF8F.jpeg

• Like 1