Tweed club closed down

gsx6

Not sure, but I think most of it was railbed.

Hopefully other clubs will get it groomed some how but I am thinking that they have quit a bit of rail line. Just south of Marmora E212, east of Campbellford E108 to almost Sharbot lake   

1 hour ago, gsx6 said:

Not sure how many kms they looked after. 

126 kms.

This is a situation where MOTS is a good thing with district grooming.

The bad thing is with the club shutting down is now there is nobody to maintain the trail

I would guess the Madoc/Centre Hastings Club will take over most of thier trails. 

Centre Hastings Club was pushing the local Township last year to give them the ok to open some new trails. So I'm sure they'll be more then happen to take E108 and the trail in to Belleville...

my understanding is that Tweed contracted out their grooming for several years now, but that scenario wouldn't fit with MOTS.

I have also heard that Centre Hastings will be taking over some if not all of Tweeds trails

But the big question is why did they shut down?

I've ridden their trails several times and they have always been decent or better.

That's a pretty big link too... From campbellford to Kaladar, etc. 

13 hours ago, Bigfish said:

my understanding is that Tweed contracted out their grooming for several years now, but that scenario wouldn't fit with MOTS.

I have also heard that Centre Hastings will be taking over some if not all of Tweeds trails

How does contracting out grooming contravene MOTS?

I suspect they may have been paying a nabouring club to groom their trails.

16 hours ago, Turbo Burgo said:

But the big question is why did they shut down?

I've ridden their trails several times and they have always been decent or better.

That's a pretty big link too... From campbellford to Kaladar, etc. 

Lack of volunteers, the Palmateer brothers have been running that club without anyone stepping up to help for as long as I can remember. Certainly didn't have to be that way with a big population like Belleville so close. 

11 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

How does contracting out grooming contravene MOTS?

I don't have the details and as it is was hearsay, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. The main reason is, as Nutter stated a lack of volunteers for the past number of years now.

Archived