Who Has Snow & How Much

02Sled

One of my snowbird friends who doesn't head south until Jan 2 called from Orillia this morning. They have about a foot of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Their driveway is cleared but they won't be getting out of their street until the plows come. I live near Pearson airport. About 4 or 5 inches of heavy wet snow. It was enough to break out the snow blower. I did our driveway and two of the neighbours as well. Playing in snow is just plain fun. 

Thanks to everyone who did the naked snow dance on the front lawn to the dismay of their neighbours. IT WORKED!

Have you got snow?

How much?

Pictures? (especially if you have a snow stick)

Damn... I'm feeling better than a kid at Christmas

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

counsin(non sledder) posted they go about 6inches in an around Ottawa

They were mad as TWN said 1-3cm over night and woke up to 15cm lol

10 inches on the snow stick & the 1st oil is MIA. Pics to follow.

20 minutes ago, FreezerBurnt said:

counsin(non sledder) posted they go about 6inches in an around Ottawa

They were mad as TWN said 1-3cm over night and woke up to 15cm lol

We all know the weather reports are wrong 50% of the time.... at least they predicted snow and got that part right. Keeping my fingers crossed and maybe I can run the Coldwater rail line soon.

Got about 30cm in Kitchener over the weekend. My son, who lives in Honey Harbour, says they had about 15cm overnight Saturday and it was snowing good Sunday at noon. Haven't heard from him today to see how much more they got. Just need some cold now to get the lakes freezing up...looks like a bit of a deep freeze coming mid week. 

About 7-10 inches in the south bruce near Redbay. Things looking good for this year keep dancing till the trails go yellow

You would have to own a sled to be happy for the weather we are getting in the south Bruce at this moment. Windy blizzard out and only calling for snow for the next couple days.  

14 minutes ago, Hkb82 said:

the south Bruce at this moment. Windy blizzard out and only calling for snow for the next couple days.  

Ah Bruce County, land of the horizontal snow ;)

Port sydney .time to get the Skandic out .calling for lots more tonight and some cold 

Time to play

20161214_114226.jpg

20161214_114146.jpg

20161214_114154.jpg

Still.not a lot here.

We may start packing some areas this week.

Did some more packing today out back with the skandic ,almost to deep on the hills,any creeks or water is still running ,this will make it hard for any groomers around the Muskokas to start packing, i can almost see the pics of stuck groomers coming 

I saw Boshkung Lake at Highway 118 today. Not frozen, but there is a ton of mist coming off the lake. Cooling down quick in this weather.

A good 24 plus inches in Kearney. Sand lake has not froze over.Lots of steam rising off it today. Club has been out packing trails the last few days.They hope to have some trails open for Christmas. Saw from where the highway crosses the seguin that the Highland Rovers have been out on the seguin getting it ready.  

about 16'' in Guthrie,looking good

7 hours ago, Slider said:

update over 2 feet now in Dorset maybe 3

That's the kind of update I like! 

Nice to see you here.

In sprucedale at the Cabin about close to 30 inches 

20161215_201056.jpg

Archived