Coby & Kashagawigamog Questions

revrnd

I took the long road home from Port Perry yesterday as I had some GPS waypoints I wanted to verify.

There appears to be a "lodging type build on the E side of 35 north of the Shaow Lake Rd (#53). No signage in the image on Google Streetview back in '12 & none now. I don't have a waypoint for it. Was it ever a motel?

I have a "LODGING" waypoint from someone that corresponds to Camp Gayventure on the S side of Kash'. I stopped on CR 18 & there were signs for Williams Landing & Private Road, not too inviting

On the northside of Kash' there were SOLD signs up @ Wild Moose Conference Centre & Spa /Wigamog. No lights on the place.

Just down the road there's construction @ a place Silver Beach. Looks like a condo development from the 'net.

Then a little bit further is Haliburton Heights. looks like motel units. I don't have a listing or waypoint for this business. Is it new or another business renamed? 

If anyone familiar w/ the area, feel free to chime in. I haven't been over on the highways 46 & 48 area in years. I couldn't believe that my brother & I were that well behaved on the way to & from Kushog when we took that route sometimes. From Port to Coboconk seemed to take forever.

• 1 month later...

I believe that Motel is still open.  They always have lights on, rarely do I see vehicles though.  I'll try and verify the next time I am there.

Archived