More changes at OFSC

Bearcat_w

14 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Sometimes new idea's from a fresh blood can be good for an organization.  When I worked in manufacturing, the plant managers lasted any where from 6 months to 5 years. 

as long as they do not forget the good that already exists. That has happened too much 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Sometimes new idea's from a fresh blood can be good for an organization.  When I worked in manufacturing, the plant managers lasted any where from 6 months to 5 years. 

Is the manufacturing plant still there????

23 minutes ago, Doogirl69 said:

Is the manufacturing plant still there????

It closed due to windbags high hydro rates.

I wish Mike all the best but think the organization will move forward, possibly with a bit less micro managing.  The Governors will have a busy winter!

Well I just hope to god that they pick someone that has a real heart AND brains for the job, someone with a real sledding volunteer background. Not someone that has a phd in physics etc! 

19 hours ago, Nutter said:

Exactly so many already from within that could do a bang up job !!  

Though we all know someone on some website somewhere would constantly post all kinds of remarks about how it's a gravy train for the select, and badger the people who took those positions LOL 

Well, if it's on this forum you can fill out this form:

butthurt.jpg

LOL

9 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

2 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Slomo my friend you need snow 

Last  paragraph. "Big mean poopy pants..banned forever "

Good one, Slomo.

2 hours ago, Wildbill said:

Slomo my friend you need snow 

We all do.... I thought I had too much time available during this in between season but obviously Slomo has more than me. You have to admit he does good work.

The Internet Butt Hurt form originated on another forum on which I participate and seemed apt to adapt for this one. Yes, I could use some snow.

If anyone knows Craig Nicholson, please tell him that his bi-line in the Go Snow magazine (? from OFSC) - the magazine in which he wrote the delightful piece on finding sled accomodation - has been mispelled for the second issue in a row.

21 minutes ago, slomo said:

The Internet Butt Hurt form originated on another forum on which I participate and seemed apt to adapt for this one. Yes, I could use some snow.

If anyone knows Craig Nicholson, please tell him that his bi-line in the Go Snow magazine (? from OFSC) - the magazine in which he wrote the delightful piece on finding sled accomodation - has been mispelled for the second issue in a row.

Slomo

I believe you have misspelled yourself!

mis·spell
misˈspel/
verb
past tense: misspelled; past participle: misspelled

30 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Slomo

I believe you have misspelled yourself!

mis·spell
misˈspel/
verb
past tense: misspelled; past participle: misspelled

Quite right.....here's a form you can fill out:

internet posting butthurt.jpg

hope you are enjoying your retirement ! :juggle:

For those in the know, has the Board of Governors decided that they are going to run the OFSC on a daily basis after Mike's departure as it appears there is virtually no one left except Paul and the newly hired Tim.

This undoubtedly puts MOTS implementation seriously at risk of not meeting the announced aggressive schedule, (too aggressive IMHO).

The Board of Governors are there to set policy and monitor implementation by the administrative staff but it seems the administrative staff have left the building!

I can foresee a few strong Governors steering the ship and I wonder who is running the day to day stuff.

i certainly hope I am wrong but I don't have a good feeling with what is going on.

Please correct me if you believe that everything is progressing as it should.

Also anxious to hear total Permit sales to date after December -st.

Sort of related....did anyone else get an envelope marked as Ministry of Transport (Ontario) in which was detailed a survey by a private company as to family ages, income, number of vehicles, and daily driving routes? My sled is registered at an address other than the billing address for the credit card used while purchasing my trail pass for this year on line - I suspect my address and info was sold to the survey company.

There is no legal obligation to doing the survey. Might be limited to certain postal codes as the several municipal governments sponsoring it did not seem to extend much northerly beyond highway 7 east west line.

23 minutes ago, slomo said:

Sort of related....did anyone else get an envelope marked as Ministry of Transport (Ontario) in which was detailed a survey by a private company as to family ages, income, number of vehicles, and daily driving routes? My sled is registered at an address other than the billing address for the credit card used while purchasing my trail pass for this year on line - I suspect my address and info was sold to the survey company.

There is no legal obligation to doing the survey. Might be limited to certain postal codes as the several municipal governments sponsoring it did not seem to extend much northerly beyond highway 7 east west line.

PIPEDA has essentially eliminated selling or sharing your information illegal unless they disclose upfront before you provide the information that they will or may do exactly that. 

The act is very clear about the protection of personal electronic data.

9 hours ago, 02Sled said:

PIPEDA has essentially eliminated selling or sharing your information illegal unless they disclose upfront before you provide the information that they will or may do exactly that. 

The act is very clear about the protection of personal electronic data.

One came to our club's PO box. 

On November 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM, soupkids said:

It closed due to windbags high hydro rates.

That isn't too far off, plant closed in 2013 do to a number of factors. It is just a distribution centre today, with everything be made in Mexico, China, India and U.S. 

I am sure the trails will be just fine moving forward, however we will have less than 20000km when the dust settles. What we need to get done is liability insurance tied to the trail pass. In QC it is 46.00 of the total cost, with 10000000 liability for an average person being about 250 bucks, we could easily charge 150 more for the pass and gain on the back end, plus encourage many more to buy due to the price being very close to insurance alone. I think this is key to getting the money we need while still providing great perceived value to the permit buyer. Right now at 190 bucks for my permit and 240 for my liability insurance I am paying 430 per year to get on the trails, would O I jump at 340, sure would. Can we get it done here, maybe, maybe not.

Not unless you change our legal system.  Liability insurance payouts are capped at very low maximums in Quebec, therefore the liability insurance is much cheaper. 

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Not unless you change our legal system.  Liability insurance payouts are capped at very low maximums in Quebec, therefore the liability insurance is much cheaper. 

True, as they cannot sue for pain and suffering and personal injury. We really need to get our insurance here under control, and it could be done but unfortunately won't. Hell the government could underwrite insurance on trails and limit law suits if they so desired. We can do anything we want if the political will was there. Too bad our province does not give a crap about tourism.

When you look at what QC insurance offers it is common sense.

Quebec

• - Minimum $50,000 in third-party liability provided by private insurers, limited to property damage incurred inside the province, and to personal injury and property damage outside Quebec
  • - The government-run Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec covers injury claims and is funded through vehicle registration and driver licensing fees
  • - Lawsuits for personal injury are not allowed, and victims cannot sue for pain and suffering
  • - Medical payments have no dollar or time limit; funeral expenses $4,957; disability maximum $69,000 per year; impairment benefits maximum $231,956
  • - Drivers cannot sue for losses above their no-fault benefits

With Mike Clewer's recent departure and his leading role in the FFC & MOTS, does that signal a slowing down in the aggressive schedule or even holding off on some components.

Is the District realignment moving ahead this season?

Are the new Groomers being placed according to reduction plan?

Will the new Regional Managers be in place for this season?

And of course how did the November sales go?

30 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

No e-test north of the Severn River either. My wife is changing all her ownerships to Carling.

From what I understand no E- test in Moorefield but needed in Drayton   These areas are 20 minutes north of Kitchener Waterloo

Archived