More changes at OFSC

Bearcat_w

So after Framework for Change and then More on the Snow, the driving force behind the changes Mike Clewer is no longer employed by the OFSC.

What happens going forward? We're stuck working under budget and revenue assumptions developed by Mike.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you know what happens when you assume :wtf:

The Matrix option C recommended by the trails committee before the committees were revamped sure doesn't look too bad right about now lol 

14 minutes ago, Nutter said:

The Matrix option C recommended by the trails committee before the committees were revamped sure doesn't look too bad right about now lol 

Mic drop! 

I think this is very bad news for the OFSC, who is left really?

There has been so many key personnel departures over the past 2-3 years, how can this organization continue, particularly with so many changes and challenges in the next few months.

Jeff McGirr, Mike Farr, Ron Purchase, Pim Slotboom, Mike Clewer, and a few others as well.  

Is Tanya Southwick still there?

I'm sure I am missing a few.

Clewer's departure signals a very major problem in my opinion.

what say you who are more in the know that me.

Tanya is no longer there either

Thanks for confirming Tanya's departure from OFSC.

I always had excellent dealings with Tanya, Jeff McGirr, Mike Farr, Pim Slotboom.

Mike Clewer impressed me with his analytic and presentation skills.  I presume he was forced out but have no direct knowledge, maybe others do.

2 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

I think this is very bad news for the OFSC, who is left really?

There has been so many key personnel departures over the past 2-3 years, how can this organization continue, particularly with so many changes and challenges in the next few months.

Jeff McGirr, Mike Farr, Ron Purchase, Pim Slotboom, Mike Clewer, and a few others as well.  

Is Tanya Southwick still there?

I'm sure I am missing a few.

Clewer's departure signals a very major problem in my opinion.

what say you who are more in the know that me.

Of all of those it is Mike Farr that I miss dealing with . A very intelligent man who truly cares about the sport. 

I have worke d for a company that had a disproportionate number of people leave over a 3 month period. In many cases the main reason those leaving gave (to co workers) was because of a couple of people that were still working there. Seems to me that things shouldn't work that way.

Mike Clewer could sell snow to Inuit.  A fast talker that finally got his come uppance, IMO.

Never really trusted him or his presentations.

I respectfully disagree. If Mike Clewer has indeed left OFSC, I am very sorry to hear it. I wish him well, and thank him for his service.

I am not sure that the parting was of his own choosing.  It seems like there will be more governance by the governors rather than staff.

I think that most things will be status quo for the short term, while a new shedule gets worked out.

It will be a rough go for a while, but, for a change, I am optimistic.

Could simply been $$$$$ or lack there of.

On November 24, 2016 at 8:42 PM, bbakernbay said:

The Question remains, who is left at OFSC that has the experience and capability to carry on with all of the MOTS initiatives including the hiring of new Regional Managers and the other reorganization that has been agreed on.

who will step up from within our own ranks to lead the day to day business... Lots of smart volunteers with the right skills and drive in this organization.

IMO the best moves forward for the OFSC and Snowmobiling in Ontario have for the vast majority been led by people who were and or are, involved as volunteers, riders and on the ground trail makers..

12 hours ago, lucrestyle said:

who will step up from within our own ranks to lead the day to day business... Lots of smart volunteers with the right skills and drive in this organization.

IMO the best moves forward for the OFSC and Snowmobiling in Ontario have for the vast majority been led by people who were and or are, involved as volunteers, riders and on the ground trail makers..

Exactly so many already from within that could do a bang up job !!  

Though we all know someone on some website somewhere would constantly post all kinds of remarks about how it's a gravy train for the select, and badger the people who took those positions LOL 

4 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Is Paul the only senior managerial person remaining?

Yes Brian. He will stay on for 2 more years.

After Paul it's Tim Hesselink.

Sometimes new idea's from a fresh blood can be good for an organization.  When I worked in manufacturing, the plant managers lasted any where from 6 months to 5 years. 

Archived