Newbie ride guide!

Viperules700

We wonder why people don't stay to the right! This was put out by OFSC. 

image.jpg

I wonder what year that was?

The Cat jacket on the guide is late 90's. He's on a gen 2 ZR chassis which began in '98. Judging by the rest of the sleds in the pic I think 98 or 99. Unless it's a vintage ride day or something 

Time for my Maxwell Smart imitation.... "would you believe it's a one way trail" "would you believe...."

Now there's an avatar for you , 02Sled-Max lol. Heads up on April Fools day. Domino and admin's are often up to mischief around then. 

As for picture, all that's missing are the Budweiser directional arrows.  Had to be hundreds, if not thousands, guiding us back in the day.

We survived. 

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, Canuck said:

Now there's an avatar for you , 02Sled-Max lol. Heads up on April Fools day. Domino and admin's are often up to mischief around then. 

As for picture, all that's missing are the Budweiser directional arrows.  Had to be hundreds, if not thousands, guiding us back in the day.

We survived. 

When I was a kid I had a Maxwell Smart shoe phone.

Don't tell me you had a crush on Agent 99.

22 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I told you not to tell me that.

:right_on: You know we're dating ourselves here. I always felt sorry for Agent 13.

Capture.JPG

Back on topic... I think a lot of what we see on the trails is a result of what people see on the likes of Snowtrax and Snowmobiler TV as well as the snowcross races. I've often seen them going around bends in the trail and because of the speed drifting well to the left of the trail.

The old phrase comes to mind Monkey see Monkey do.

I disagree.  If people are riding the wrong side, it's not because of STV or Snowtrax.

It's because of Slednecks, 509, and all the other internet and mountain-based shows and videos.  They all ride off-trail, which means they're almost always breaking their own trail, picking a different line.  How many stand-up riders do you know that actually trail rode first ?  Almost none likely.  

But I'll agree the monkey see monkey do theory works well though.  Why do guys blow corners, burn the exits and leave piles of snow in the middle of the trail ?  It's because that's all they know.  Not unlike dogs.  Domesticated dogs still chase cars and try to bite the tires.  Why, because they're stupid ?  No.  Because 1000 years ago they were chasing horses or deer or whatever else, trying to trip it and catch a meal.  Same thing, it's all they know, never learned any different.

If they can't eat it or screw it, piss on it.

On 24/11/2016 at 11:30 AM, Canuck said:

We survived. 

I found an old Molson Canadian Stop sign that was in the bush barried. 

It is now retired at our building. 

On November 27, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Yukon Cornelious said:

Maybe be you are on to something to keep permit costs low! 

On November 27, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Yukon Cornelious said:

On 11/27/2016 at 1:18 PM, Yukon Cornelious said:

I think there are a few still out on our club trails. 

On 11/23/2016 at 10:34 PM, Viperules700 said:

We wonder why people don't stay to the right! This was put out by OFSC. 

image.jpg

Where did you see the OFSC using that pic ?  It's an old pic from Yellowstone National Park, can't see the OFSC using that pic due to copyright laws ? 

https://summitcountyvoice.com/2015/06/04/yellowstone-national-park-eyes-adaptive-management-plan-for-winter-motorized-use/

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

Where did you see the OFSC using that pic ?  It's an old pic from Yellowstone National Park, can't see the OFSC using that pic due to copyright laws ? 

https://summitcountyvoice.com/2015/06/04/yellowstone-national-park-eyes-adaptive-management-plan-for-winter-motorized-use/

Good catch Nutter !!!

Archived