Lep

Trail Status

54 minutes ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

Trails are already starting to close.  I bet after tomorrow we'll be RED!

I have to agree

Thank the lord for the northern corridor du nord and northern quebec. If it was not for those places, im out..

3 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Thank the lord for the northern corridor du nord and northern quebec. If it was not for those places, im out..

when are you going in march. I will be ready.

5 hours ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

Trails are already starting to close.  I bet after tomorrow we'll be RED!

It didn't take that long.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It didn't take that long.

Im thinking thats it folks..

4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Crappy season again. 

Wasn't that bad. I got 700 km more riding from home this year on open trails than either of the past 2 years.

• Like 1

Picked up my first sled on Dec 29th 2017 and have 3006km on it in seven weeks and there are still trails open so I'm pretty happy with the season so far.

thought this was in the general forum lol, not even sure where the "New Dundee" club is

Edited by Brodieman

5 hours ago, Brodieman said:

Picked up my first sled on Dec 29th 2017 and have 3006km on it in seven weeks and there are still trails open so I'm pretty happy with the season so far.

thought this was in the general forum lol, not even sure where the "New Dundee" club is

Way to go, all good as long as you keep it. New Dundee is slightly south west of Kitchener I think. 

21 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

My son drove from Waterloo to his cottage near Port Severn late yesterday afternoon. He takes paved county roads cross country. He told me that there is very little snow in the fields from northeast of Shelburne to the 400 at Horseshoe Valley Rd.

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

My son drove from Waterloo to his cottage near Port Severn late yesterday afternoon. He takes paved county roads cross country. He told me that there is very little snow in the fields from northeast of Shelburne to the 400 at Horseshoe Valley Rd.

Defiantly a depressing winter, started good ended early it seems. 

Is there a chance that winter could start all over again?  Long range forecast is calling for up to 40cm in the next two weeks.  Has it ever happened before where you get a break in winter, trails are closed and then reopened late like this?

9 minutes ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

Is there a chance that winter could start all over again?  Long range forecast is calling for up to 40cm in the next two weeks.  Has it ever happened before where you get a break in winter, trails are closed and then reopened late like this?

Up in the parry sound region we are well done.  The frost is starting to come out of the ground where the ground is exposed to the sun, and the water has started to run.   No returning from this... Maybe north of sudbury you may get some extra time but unfortunately spring is in the air...get the atv's ready.  Sad I know..

I can't see reopening here in D1, it would take a heck of a polar vortex and more snow than we had all year. I locked up gates yesterday.

Wash and oil up your sled and put it away before corrosion sets in.

It's all over but the cryin'.

8 hours ago, snowman said:

Up in the parry sound region we are well done.  The frost is starting to come out of the ground where the ground is exposed to the sun, and the water has started to run.   No returning from this... Maybe north of sudbury you may get some extra time but unfortunately spring is in the air...get the atv's ready.  Sad I know..

My next door neighbour has tapped a bunch of Maple trees already. As of Tuesday he had already collected 50 gallons of sap. In all the years gone by, we have never heard of anybody tapping trees in February.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

My next door neighbour has tapped a bunch of Maple trees already. As of Tuesday he had already collected 50 gallons of sap. In all the years gone by, we have never heard of anybody tapping trees in February.

Early for sure. Was running like crazy this week I heard. 

On 3/1/2018 at 9:20 AM, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

Anything can happen but in the south its rare to come back after a warm spell from the mid of February on.

But a few years ago the only week we were able to open was the first week of March. It took a big storm and sustained cold prior to do that.