Lep

Trail Status

Post them here...

Are the trails open.. TONS of azzhat tracks at Baltazs corners..:lol::crazy::rotflmao:

6 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Are the trails open.. TONS of azzhat tracks at Baltazs corners..:lol::crazy::rotflmao:

The groomer hasn't been past here yet and now with the winds, some of the hilltops in the fields don't have much snow on them. The east groomer must have done some packing by the look of the marks . Possibly up the rail bed from Ariss.

3 sleds sitting at Baltazs gas tonight:crazy:..Like wtf...:rotflmao:

Guess trails are open... Hehe..

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

3 sleds sitting at Baltazs gas tonight:crazy:..Like wtf...:rotflmao:

Guess trails are open... Hehe..

Same idiots that were feeling up in Petersburg yesterday. They told me they rode up from new Dundee and we're heading to Conestoga lake. 

Definitely makes you wonder sometimes..:blink:

There's something fundamentally wrong. You get caught fishing with over the legal catch or out of season and the CO can seize your boat and anything used in the illegal act. It's up to a judge if you get it back. Snowmobilers on closed trails, especially private property should suffer a similar fate and have the snowmobile seized. 

• Like 4

Problem is when theyget caught it's not pushed as a trespassing charge in court 

1 hour ago, ToSlow said:

Problem is when theyget caught it's not pushed as a trespassing charge in court 

Bingo, and that the problem... The punishment is so weak and rarely enforced, there is no deterrent for these types of ass hats. 

• Like 1

So.... What's the fix?

We can all identify the problem.  And the consequences are apparent, and growing.

Sure, it's sad when it happens on a trail you'll never likely ride, and infuriating when it actually affects you, but the ONLY solution is to act as a group.

Will it be a top down enforcement, or a grass roots type of thing?

It's tough to start enforcing and charging for trespass when some clubs have to encourage sledder's to ride the closed trails to get them packed because of lack of frost. How do you handle that scenario? If you are purposely making exceptions, can you get the non exception cases to stand up in court?

I would think it should be club members with permission of landowners to ride and pack the closed trails…no?? 

There is also the issue of "closed" trails that are not really closed if you are local. Many trails that are usable are marked closed because the lake that it ends at is not staked or there is some "issue" and its done to appease someone somewhere.  Or its ready, but the OFSC will not let the club open the trail for some BS reason that should be ignored.  

So, when is a closed trail really closed where we would all agree that charges are needed?  

I'm all for enforcement against the abusive asshats...  

I have seen that the club has been out packing and grooming..thanks for all the hard work guys..But then I see a truck and trailer parked at Baltazs.. WTF..And fresh sled tracks all over...

Edited by IQ TURBO

see the rail trail open from dundalk to owen sound

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I would think it should be club members with permission of landowners to ride and pack the closed trails…no?? 

I saw a post somewhere in the last week from a club or a club rep (can't remember) but it asked for sledders to get out and ride to pre pack the trails and help drive the frost down in the wet areas. It didn't specify club members.

As far as I'm concerned the trails are closed until the closed signs are removed by the club and / or they are shown open on the OFSC map.

I just rode my sled about a mile down the trail from my place to put up the last 2 signs needed. The trail has had the groomer over it twice packing. Its a plowed field that never got land levelled and IMHO at this point it would be totally dangerous to anyone cruising through at +50 km. at this point. Never the less, there has been a couple of sleds go by today. Guess they have special privilege permits.

given that this is a winter were there is snow in the south, going to be hard pressed to keep sledders off the trials regardless.

from what i'm hearing some clubs aren't done staking some trails yet. going to be a frustrating season for some folks.

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I saw a post somewhere in the last week from a club or a club rep (can't remember) but it asked for sledders to get out and ride to pre pack the trails and help drive the frost down in the wet areas. It didn't specify club members.

As far as I'm concerned the trails are closed until the closed signs are removed by the club and / or they are shown open on the OFSC map.

I just rode my sled about a mile down the trail from my place to put up the last 2 signs needed. The trail has had the groomer over it twice packing. Its a plowed field that never got land levelled and IMHO at this point it would be totally dangerous to anyone cruising through at +50 km. at this point. Never the less, there has been a couple of sleds go by today. Guess they have special privilege permits.

I was at the St Clements Clubhouse this afternoon. A Pro R and a brand new MXZ 850 went cruising by. :huh:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I was at the St Clements Clubhouse this afternoon. A Pro R and a brand new MXZ 850 went cruising by. :huh:

Yep that would be them I believe

If trails aren't officially open and one was to wreck a sled or themselves, is your insurance void?? 

There were 2 trucks with sleds in the back unloading at the high school in Baden this afternoon when I drove by. The trail road crossings showed traffic. Our president ran into a group of sleds today while he was doing some trail work. They said they were heading over to Stratford to help pack the trails.

Heard it through the vine that they might start grooming mount forest on tuesday

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nith Valley Sledder said:

There were 2 trucks with sleds in the back unloading at the high school in Baden this afternoon when I drove by. The trail road crossings showed traffic. Our president ran into a group of sleds today while he was doing some trail work. They said they were heading over to Stratford to help pack the trails.

Love some of the stupid excuses you here.

New Dundee has packed trails and Baden hasn't as of this morning 10:30 am when I drove by trail crossing at Gingrich. Sat at Baden coffee for 15 mins and sure enough two sledders coming in from new Dundee side, right right past trail closed sign onto the Baden system.