New to Sledding - Bring on the snow !

TrueNorth

Hello, 

New to sledding.  Just moved up to Muskoka (Gravenhurst) and figured since I'm in the snowy north I better get a winter activity.   Bought trail pass and ready to go!   I've supported snowmobiling for years as I also have 100 acre hunt camp near Sundridge that D123 trail goes through my property.  

Thanks

Rob

Welcome to the forum Rob. You will find lots of information from lots of great people on this site. There are some forum members from Gravenhurst on here. They will no doubt chime in shortly.

Welcome to the forum Rob. Hope you'll find it fun and informative. Beware the mouse :D You'll soon figure it out, he is a really nice guy though truth be told. Your local club is Snowcrest. Another great group of people. They are a neighbouring club to my local club. Blake G who is on here often typically coordinates group rides from the wharf on Saturdays and is a wealth of local knowledge for the Snowcrest trails. Happy sledding. 

PS you have to share what you ride and pics... Almost obligatory whenever someone gets a new sled. 

1 hour ago, TrueNorth said:

Hello,

New to sledding.  Just moved up to Muskoka (Gravenhurst) and figured since I'm in the snowy north I better get a winter activity.   Bought trail pass and ready to go!   I've supported snowmobiling for years as I also have 100 acre hunt camp near Sundridge that D123 trail goes through my property.

Thanks

Rob

Welcome Rob!! Glad to see you took my advice and joined the site..great group on here and look forward to meeting up with you this winter. Sorry to hear about your driving a Yamahahahahahahaha though...lol

Cheers!!

Welcome Truenorth! X2, Great people and information on this forum. You have questions then these are the people to ask. Yes BlakeG and Nunz are in your riding area and they are a wealth of knowledge for the area trails. 

Also thanks for allowing sleds on your property! Its property owners such as yourself that makes this great sport possible along with volunteers. 

33 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Welcome Rob!! Glad to see you took my advice and joined the site..great group on here and look forward to meeting up with you this winter. Sorry to hear about your driving a Yamahahahahahahaha though...lol

Cheers!!

Lol....and so it start's.   Sort of expected that.  Let's see....what's the proper response.   How about!   Least I'm happy I'm not riding a Pooooo-laris.   ( I can say that cause my ATV is a Polaris !  lol )

37 minutes ago, TrueNorth said:

Lol....and so it start's.   Sort of expected that.  Let's see....what's the proper response.   How about!   Least I'm happy I'm not riding a Pooooo-laris.   ( I can say that cause my ATV is a Polaris !  lol )

I like this guy already :rotflmao:

TrueNorth, welcome to snowmobiling and welcome to the forum!

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Your local club is Snowcrest. Another great group of people. They are a neighbouring club to my local club.

Blake G who is on here often typically coordinates group rides from the wharf on Saturdays and is a wealth of local knowledge for the Snowcrest trails.

I am no longer on the Snowcrest board.

This season I bought one trail permit from Snowcrest, and chose Haliburton and Orillia for my others. I have offered modest volunteer services to Snowcrest and HCSA, and modest financial support to ODSC.

I look forward to riding the OFSC system with TrueNorth and any other OC members!!

2 hours ago, TrueNorth said:

At least if you're riding a Yamaha when you're with Nunz there will be a sled to tow the Poo back home.

49 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I am no longer on the Snowcrest board.

This season I bought one trail permit from Snowcrest. and chose Haliburton and Orillia for my others. I have offered modest volunteer services to Snowcrest and HCSA, and modest financial support to ODSC.

I look forward to riding the OFSC system with TrueNorth and any other OC members!!

Doesn't mean you can't coordinate group rides though does it. Group rides aren't restricted to Snowcrest people.

Absolutely !

It's a great way to have fun ! !

26 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Absolutely !

It's a great way to have fun ! !

Looking forward to meeting up with you and others this winter... maybe even mid week as well.

It's going to be great, 02.

Welcome to the forum! 

Welcome aboard.  Team Blue needs more Muskoka representation - glad your give'n it back to these lightweights ( literally). Happy trails. 

Hello True North and welcome to the forum. Pay no attention to those that deny the Acid Mouse.  I will endure. 

Where are you in relation to trails surrounding Gravenhhrst?  I'm on D in the middle of Kahshe Lake.  I'm becoming less and less involved in Snowcrest but will still be active in staking the lake.  I think I bought a Snowcrest permit; others went to SnoBombers, Orillia, Parry Sound, and LucVille. Will you  be a mid week rider, a weekend rider, or..........?      

Of course, when you are not sledding Gravenhurst has a very social curling club that would welcome you. 

On 31/10/2016 at 2:15 PM, Nunz said:

Glad to see you took my advice

Usually a bug mistake....but maybe this time Nunz had a good idea.....

16 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Hello True North and welcome to the forum. Pay no attention to those that deny the Acid Mouse.  I will endure. 

Where are you in relation to trails surrounding Gravenhhrst?  I'm on D in the middle of Kahshe Lake.  I'm becoming less and less involved in Snowcrest but will still be active in staking the lake.  I think I bought a Snowcrest permit; others went to SnoBombers, Orillia, Parry Sound, and LucVille. Will you  be a mid week rider, a weekend rider, or..........?      

Of course, when you are not sledding Gravenhurst has a very social curling club that would welcome you. 

Small world.   I lived on North Kahshe when growing up and went to K.P Manson Public (she was the actually principal then before the name change) down at Severn Bridge.  Just moved back into town (retiring in 2 1/2 years.....so still work during week) on Gateway Drive - near the wharf.   

Welcome to sledding !!!!  Best thing on earth .

On 2016-10-31 at 1:00 PM, TrueNorth said:

Hello, 

New to sledding.  Just moved up to Muskoka (Gravenhurst) and figured since I'm in the snowy north I better get a winter activity.   Bought trail pass and ready to go!   I've supported snowmobiling for years as I also have 100 acre hunt camp near Sundridge that D123 trail goes through my preoperty.  

Thanks

Rob

Welcome..I am also a Newb to all o this...I will looking for people to ride with during the week sometimes in Bracebridge/Gravenhurst area as my wife works in Bracebridge 1-2 days per week....

On October 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM, 02Sled said:

Looking forward to meeting up with you and others this winter... maybe even mid week as well.

It's going to be a nuisance for your wife having to wait around a few hours for you to finish riding :D

15 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

Welcome..I am also a Newb to all o this...I will looking for people to ride with during the week sometimes in Bracebridge/Gravenhurst area as my wife works in Bracebridge 1-2 days per week....

Mid week riding is the best. We are quite close, I hope to hook up....sooner then later ;)

Archived