Trailer flooring ideas

Pstn head

On 10/31/2016 at 1:12 PM, AC+YA said:

The plastic lattice has worked well for me.  I paint the floor white in a new trailer and 100% cover the floor, also in white to keep it much brighter when inside with the skylights or at night with the lights on.  Eyes getting too old I guess.  

The lattice allows steering and manually pulling/pushing the sleds without having to start them.  I have a 33 foot in-line trailer which can hold 4 mountain sleds.  I often save time by just moving the sleds ahead manually in prep for my return if only using 2 or 3 of the 4 in the trailer.  This is my winter workshop and garage as I leave them in Ontario rather than pull the trailer back and forth.  I usually have a spare sled and don't like to start, warm and move the extra sled inside the trailer which can gum things up and make it bad to load unless the wind is blowing to clean the clouds out.

The lattice comes in colors now including black. Home Depot and many other places have it.  The lattice is not slippery like solid plastic.  It is also very light for door ramps and it comes in large and small mesh.  Protects from studs too as some hit the plastic and those left are not putting force on the wood floor or ramp.

Easy to cut, just pre-drill if cold.  Roofing nails center and screws around the edges. 

Going on 15 years in one of my trailers.  Just my preference.

My lattice expanded in the summer heat and is now all wavy 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:01 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

I've used plastic lattice around the deck and a clothesline stand (with steps). I have found that the plastic doesn't stand up that well to impact in the cold. Durability in the trailer may be different in the trailer (and cold) since it is supported by the floor and probably more securely attached.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, GrizzlyGriff said:

I have always put mine down in warmer times, but not when it was "HOT".  Much like vinyl with lots of expansion and contraction.  I had one trailer which  did that expansion in the heat.  I cut through it and fastened both sides of the cut.  Took the extra out I guess.  If you put more fasteners it can't do to much of that. 

I have only added fasteners where needed and it has been a great system.    

Archived