2017 RAN Tour Gas Near Alban?

Spanky

A group of us are doing the RAN tour in late February 2017, first night staying at Crow's Nest Lodge in Restoule, second night at Beausejour Inn in Alban.

Fuel around Alban looks to be an issue...other than going past Alban to Noelville and back (additional 40 km's), are there any options you can suggest?  I had posted this question before but just curious if anything had changed since last season?

In 2014 we rode from Port Loring to St Charles before gassing up.

11 hours ago, Owls Nest Lodge said:

Your only gas is in noelville,  Its only 5 km off the ran tour route, If you fill in lorring you will have no problem getting to noelville.  Need any more info just ask,

Rich

Thanks Rich, PM sent.

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

In 2014 we rode from Port Loring to St Charles before gassing up.

I checked the mileage on the OFSC site, and that is doable at 160 km's.

Two questions Kris; where is the gas station in Port Loring, and where in St. Charles?  Are they on the trail?

In Pt Loring the gas station is on the main road at a hardware store, hard not to miss. In St Charles the gas station is a ways off the trail in town @ the supermsupermarket.

30 minutes ago, revrnd said:

In Pt Loring the gas station is on the main road at a hardware store, hard not to miss. In St Charles the gas station is a ways off the trail in town @ the supermsupermarket.

Thanks Kris!

Is there a trail to the gas station in St. Charles?  Marked on the main trail?

3 hours ago, Spanky said:

Thanks Kris!

Is there a trail to the gas station in St. Charles?  Marked on the main trail?

No it was street running (snow covered) when we did it.Gas St Charles.JPG

On 10/25/2016 at 6:34 PM, Spanky said:

A group of us are doing the RAN tour in late February 2017, first night staying at Crow's Nest Lodge in Restoule, second night at Beausejour Inn in Alban.

Fuel around Alban looks to be an issue...other than going past Alban to Noelville and back (additional 40 km's), are there any options you can suggest?  I had posted this question before but just curious if anything had changed since last season?

My experience in this area was no stations were open early on Sunday. We rode in late Saturday night. Not sure if that's going to be the case this year. Just want you to be aware. We had to ride to the Eagle Lake Narrows before we could find an open station. I think I was riding on fumes when we arrived at the Narrows.

Thanks guys!  I will definitely call before we leave to find out what their hours are. 

Archived