Job posting for OFSC Provincial Trails Program Manager

Blake G

For those interested in working with the OFSC, here is a job posting:

Provincial Trails Programs Manager: Responsible for the development, implementation and communication of programs that will support districts in their responsibility for delivering quality trails. This inlcudes acquisition of a sustainable provincial groomer fleet and maximizing benefits from centrally mantaining the fleet at a district level

click here:    http://www.ofsc.on.ca/org/work-with-us/careers

Also, this Request for Proposal regarding MOTS implementation:

click here:  http://www.ofsc.on.ca/org/work-with-us/rfps

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

For those interested in working with the OFSC, here is a job posting:

Provincial Trails Programs Manager: Responsible for the development, implementation and communication of programs that will support districts in their responsibility for delivering quality trails. This inlcudes acquisition of a sustainable provincial groomer fleet and maximizing benefits from centrally mantaining the fleet at a district level

click here:    http://www.ofsc.on.ca/org/work-with-us/careers

Also, this Request for Proposal regarding MOTS implementation:

click here:  http://www.ofsc.on.ca/org/work-with-us/rfps

The RFP seems to be looking for an existing firm to manage the transition. It refers to project management but for some reason doesn't indicate that they need someone with a PMP designation which would seem to be an obvious requirement for a project of this scope. It eludes to the concept of being able to have an amateur do the job. That is unless I missed that criteria in the RFP.

I would hope whoever they hire @ least knows what a snowmobile looks like.

13 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

LMAO

Hey you never know. The winning bid could be some project management company on Bay Street staffed by people that have never been north of Steeles Ave' before the May 2-4 weekend or after Labour Day.

I think last I heard it was speculated to be around 85-90gs...

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

The RFP seems to be looking for an existing firm to manage the transition. It refers to project management but for some reason doesn't indicate that they need someone with a PMP designation which would seem to be an obvious requirement for a project of this scope. It eludes to the concept of being able to have an amateur do the job. That is unless I missed that criteria in the RFP.

02sled... This is the opportunity you've been waiting for....

Man (if I can still say that in 2016), would I love to see 02Sled in Barrie. 

9 hours ago, Canuck said:

Man (if I can still say that in 2016), would I love to see 02Sled in Barrie. 

He is a good choice too, but is building a house - therefore too busy in my opinion. Maybe he and Sledjunk could split the job....

This reads like the former Mike Farr job. It was loud and clear at AGM that there is a complete lack of trust between members and OFSC. Reason is pretty simple, no or very little communication.

17 minutes ago, Faceman said:

It was loud and clear at AGM that there is a complete lack of trust between members and OFSC. Reason is pretty simple, no or very little communication.

This same complaint can be made about communication between clubs and permit buyers, in some cases.

Way too much secrecy in this sport, in my humble opinion.

I just book at the last minute like Blake does. If it doesn't snow and conditions are bad, lots of places refuse refunds to sledders. If you are flexible and go mid week, rooms are not usually an issue, unless march break. 

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

I just book at the last minute like Blake does. If it doesn't snow and conditions are bad, lots of places refuse refunds to sledders. If you are flexible and go mid week, rooms are not usually an issue, unless march break. 

Vr700 you have this in the wrong thread.

Check your glasses. LOL

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

This same complaint can be made about communication between clubs and permit buyers, in some cases.

Shhhhhh!      

The biggest problem is how to distribute the information to everyone.

With online only the clubs have a long wait to get the info of who selected their club to get the information out.

We used to send a news letter every month

14 minutes ago, soupkids said:

With online only the clubs have a long wait to get the info of who selected their club to get the information out.

Should be available 2nd week of Nov and again in December.

We get those names too and have had that info after 2nd week into next permit pricing cycle...

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

1 hour ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Should be available 2nd week of Nov and again in December.

We get those names too and have had that info after 2nd week into next permit pricing cycle...

If you have access to PTS for your club you can pull a report anytime. As of 4:00pm today our club has sold 125 FS and Classic permits (vs 93 last season). The report shows purchaser info and sled info.

8 hours ago, Blake G said:

Vr700 you have this in the wrong thread.

Check your glasses. LOL

He has been doing that a lot lately.....I'm worried about him....

chicken-tweeting-restaurant.jpg

On 25/10/2016 at 8:56 AM, IQ TURBO said:

Freak, sounds like a government job.. oh wait!!..

80g a year for a Manger in a business with an income of over 5million a year is right on par in the private sector. 

3 hours ago, dweese said:

80g a year for a Manger in a business with an income of over 5million a year is right on par in the private sector. 

Perhaps $80K may even be a bit on the low side dependent upon the skillset and experience the person brings to the job and any areas of expertise or specialization that may be required. A PMP may well be looking in the $90K+ range plus benefits / bonus.

On 10/26/2016 at 6:05 PM, Blake G said:

The only secrecy I see is laziness Blake, people expect info to be hand delivered to them while they sit on their couch, rather then getting involved and going to meetings and asking questions about the info they are trying to absorb. It's not like you can keep people properly up to speed on an umbrella corp with 200+ entities with a combined annual budget of $18-20 mil with news letters and reports. People will have questions and if they don't use the correct channels to get the answers they will make their own ... which has been a constant in this sport. 

Archived