A105Q status for 2017

700renegade

Bryan told me Kenny is still working on trying to get the Quebec club to meet halfway but it sounds like talks stalled as of late. I would say if anybody can get it back Kenny and the Polar Bear riders will probably try. 

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

We too have been wanting to head over from cochrane that way. Too bad it sounds like it's a no go for this year.

It's a great ride when it is open.... done it a few times over the years from both sides.

3 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Paige and I wanted to try and make a loop with you guys or at least part of one in Quebec this year, but no A105Q will probably kill that part of it.

Keep us informed and we will try to meet and ride for a day on your way out or back.

Take care & say hi to the boys.

Scott & Paige

Scott

we are waiting for everything to open up probably early february to do our loop ,we will buy a 3 day pass in Quebec and then come around the top, hopefully we can run into you and Paige on our trip and ride a few days with you two. 

Will keep you posted as we get closer to February.

Greg,Gary,Scott

Thanks Denis,

That would be quite the adventure, but kinda scary. 

Maybe some day with experienced people who know that season's ice.  

I've seen ice change overnight and sometimes from additional freezing. 

I appreciate the input. 

Paige and I will look you up when we come through Hearst this season. 

Scott

20 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Have you considered crossing Abitibi Lake ?  It'd be quite an adventure, we would ice fish on it from the Ghost or Lightning rivers, usually trek over to Turtle Island and fish around there.  Compass and/or GPS are pretty mandatory there, it's huge, and easy to get turned around, even if you're very familiar with the lake.  It's happened to us before in a snowstorm in the dark, a very scary feeling.  But with good tracks or a route programmed into the gps, a topo map and compass, it'd be doable.  Scratchers would be needed later in the year, as it will get icy with little snow.  

Take a look at it on the ITG, using Google Hybrid as a background, you could get fuel at La Reine, likely make your way directly to the lake and then head across, catching a local backroad or logging road on the West side...  Iroquois Falls is nearby to the river, as is Cochrane.  

Something to ponder .....

Looks like you should easily be able to ride the river right into town!

17 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Scott

we are waiting for everything to open up probably early february to do our loop ,we will buy a 3 day pass in Quebec and then come around the top, hopefully we can run into you and Paige on our trip and ride a few days with you two. 

Will keep you posted as we get closer to February.

Greg,Gary,Scott

Great, stay in touch.

Thanks

Archived