2017 Permits on Sale - Who will be first

02Sled

Still haven't got mine.  I have to file a police report and then pay another $15.  If they lose this one, I'll just ride with the printed email :angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005::angry-smiley-005:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2016 at 2:41 PM, zrtkat said:

2 of us got our permit ,1 still did not come they where all shipped november 9th ,contacted OFSC she said to let them know if it did not come by December,

Will see what they say about it this week,

Anyone else have any problems like this ????

Will let u know what they say

Greg

Here is the up-date OFSC emailed him a tracking number well he tracked it made it 30 miles from our house and then it was sent to virginia so now they are trying to locate the letter with his permit in it.

he has to wait and see what happens next.

Greg

On 12/6/2016 at 2:08 PM, zrtkat said:

Here is the up-date OFSC emailed him a tracking number well he tracked it made it 30 miles from our house and then it was sent to virginia so now they are trying to locate the letter with his permit in it.

he has to wait and see what happens next.

Greg

Up-date permit came today envelope beat up but permit not damaged 

We are all set now for our annual trip

Greg

Probably made the rounds like luggage with an airline. Toronto to Michigan by way of Alaska 

I once had a very expensive (over 10g) shipped from Toronto to Sudbury that ended up in some little community on the east coast, now granted it was not Canada post but a company they later bought

Spill the beans

FedEx Toronto to Montreal for overnight. A week later through Columbus Miami Houston and Chicago it shows up in Montreal at the wrong unit in the building. I bet we all have a similar experience or two. 

A printer in original factory packaging going from North York to Bolton arrived the next day totally smashed. Send another and the same thing happens. The courier ended up firing the driver.

Had a tag on the door. Of COURSE they wouldn't just drop it, even with a signed note.

I drive across town to get it next day, as per the instructions. 45 minutes, and line up (20 minutes) to get my parcel.

Surprise, it's not there. Went out again, on the truck.

I fill out a form, and wait another 30 minutes to get signed up as a "client", and leave with a scannable sticker for my door.

I'm assured the parcel will be delivered the next day.

Next day, right beside the sticker, there's another tag.

I call.

Sorry, it won't go out again, so sorry, come get your parcel.

I would have told them where to stick the parcel, but it was part of a "rush" order to a customer, and I was REALLY running out of credible excuses.

I go get the parcel. (see 2nd line...)

A month later, there's a tag on my door. I call, and get told I'm in the system, the driver would know I'm a client before he gets to my door.

He will be reprimanded.

Next day, there's a tag on my door.

I could go on... But you get the picture.

At least the parcel goes back to the depot.

Canada post left a very expensive parcel sitting in a puddle by my door.

My daughter ordered a spiral stair case off a manufacturer to be shipped via tractor trailer because one piece was 10 feet long. Order arrived, no ten foot pole. That pole was traced to be in the back of that trailer for two and a half weeks before it managed to get back to us. It had travelled all over Ontario and Quebec. Hence the saying" I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole".

Wife and I ordered a 10 foot pole. For the 'staircase' . That's our story and we're sticking to it.

:-P

28 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Wife and I ordered a 10 foot pole. For the 'staircase' . That's our story and we're sticking to it.

:-P

Was it brass by chance ??

Lol

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the phone with my buddy whom lives in Massey. He is coming here in early January we are going to a hockey game and skiing for a day. I suggested he bring the sled and if trails are open we could do a day riding. No trail pass this year. He did the math. Mostly uses sled to ice fish and figures he will trail ride three days that are free and if they want more he will buy a couple of two day passes. I bet he buys nothing and just rides the free weekend. I think the free weekend encourages people not to buy at all that otherwise would have bought an early season permit. Time to let this bad idea die.

22 hours ago, zoso said:

I bet he buys nothing and just rides the free weekend. I think the free weekend encourages people not to buy at all that otherwise would have bought an early season permit. Time to let this bad idea die.

Agreed.

With the pricing of the $180 trail pass, there's no need for a free weekend. "Free" try makes sense if the alternative is $320 annually. 

If you want to try, purchase day (s) passes. The data  (if they bothered to register/print) is in. Most of these riders are likely on their 3rd free weekend. 

Let's cancel the Free Weekend for a year or two and see what happens.

We have had this for a lengthy number of years so that we are not getting many new sales, in fact probably the reverse as too many people are combining the Free QC and ON weekends with a day pass to beat the system.

10 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Let's cancel the Free Weekend for a year or two and see what happens.

We have had this for a lengthy number of years so that we are not going any new sales, in fact probably the reverse as too many people are combining the Free QC and ON weekends with a day pass to beat the system.

Quebec change the free weekend to sometime in January. 

Edit: January 21 and 22...

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't got my Permit in the mail yet. I ordered it on Nov 1 and the apartment # wasn't on the shipping address the first delivery try, which happened last year too. Ok cool. Got that fixed early-mid december and it was being sent back out.  Still nothing, no email reply today. So i must be the last one if this is the "who will be first". Lol.  The clubs really need to be able sell them again. Or order it online and pick them up at your local club. 

Archived