NRSA Season 2016/2017

We are leaving from Petawawa Friday morning, I get on the A trail at Shaw's pole yard.  A big day to Mattawa and back but not usually too bad if the trails are good...

We were talking about heading up to NRSA's breakfast and poker run Saturday, not sure yet...after last weekend the women don't want to run in to rutted trails on the way back.

The guys leave for the RAP tour next Wednesday morning, looks like conditions are improving on the west side of the park, just in time.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once your at the nrsa boarder you should be clear sailin to matawa and back.  

4 hours ago, Spanky said:

We are leaving from Petawawa Friday morning, I get on the A trail at Shaw's pole yard.  A big day to Mattawa and back but not usually too bad if the trails are good...

We were talking about heading up to NRSA's breakfast and poker run Saturday, not sure yet...after last weekend the women don't want to run in to rutted trails on the way back.

The guys leave for the RAP tour next Wednesday morning, looks like conditions are improving on the west side of the park, just in time.

I would stay away from Mattawa and only ride to stoneclff. There groomer is broken down waiting for parts. Trails haven't been groomed in days. I started just east of there today and rode bumpy and choppy trails until about 35 Km's past attawa golf and ski. Doesn't look promising over there for Friday. 

3 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I would stay away from Mattawa and only ride to stoneclff. There groomer is broken down waiting for parts. Trails haven't been groomed in days. I started just east of there today and rode bumpy and choppy trails until about 35 Km's past attawa golf and ski. Doesn't look promising over there for Friday. 

Yikes...thanks for the heads up!

14 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Hardest working trails in the system.

Thank-you. Your trails were great today and when I stopped at Yates for gas in Stonecliff, count was at 79 sleds for the day. Had a coffee and a few snacks. Thank-you for great trails, once again. :) 

Just made it back to Mattawa. Groomer still down and no grooming has been done, since Sunday (hence yellow trails). District 9 groomer hasn't arrived yet and other one still waiting for parts. Riders are coming in and complaining about condition of trails. bonfield is grooming, so going over there tomorrow or back down to missing link, haven't decided yet.  North renfew trails are in amazing shape and groomer was out doing 131 this morning. Petawatt was better after going groomed last night, still abit choppy to chalk river but getting better. A trail in great shape from chalk river to deaux reveres. I ran into a group just exiting Mattawa system and they asked me if the trails ahead were any good. I said is mattawa still not groomed and they said yes and it took them several hours extra to get thru the area. They were happy to hear the trails were great ahead :). 

Can hardly wait till tomorrow to get up to the poker run and some descent trails for a change.   I just went out to try and go for a little rip from Petawawa heading west but only got 5.6kms out and turned back.  Horrid as usual.  I think I hit 26kph once and that was still too much for this guy, I value my sled way too much, probably why most of my sleds are still like new years later when I go to sell them.  

Filled up with gas and loaded back on trailer.  A whopping 11kms today.  

Hoping to be up for around 9ish for registration, and weather/trail permitting, will do the run and maybe venture up towards Stonecliffe as I haven't been up that far yet.

22 hours ago, shawnj said:

Can hardly wait till tomorrow to get up to the poker run and some descent trails for a change.   I just went out to try and go for a little rip from Petawawa heading west but only got 5.6kms out and turned back.  Horrid as usual.  I think I hit 26kph once and that was still too much for this guy, I value my sled way too much, probably why most of my sleds are still like new years later when I go to sell them.  

Filled up with gas and loaded back on trailer.  A whopping 11kms today.  

Hoping to be up for around 9ish for registration, and weather/trail permitting, will do the run and maybe venture up towards Stonecliffe as I haven't been up that far yet.

It was groomed Wednesday night. I came into pet Wednesday night and it was super  choppy. Was a slow ride in from chalk river. When I left Thursday morning it seemed it was groomed overnight. It was less choppy leaving, but still had a fair amount of stutter bumps. The Mattawa end was actually worse because of the length of time the groomer was down. Good news is Mattawa was fueling up D9 groomer last night and had there own back out on the trail Thursday night.  They know have two to try to keep up with the heavy traffic. Traffic has been really heavy on Top A and B trails.

We were lucky again!  We did not receive any freeze rain in Rolphton Area, just a few ice pellets but mostly snow.  So trails should be in good shape. Not sure yet if Chalk River area received any freeze rain, but will be talking to our trail coordinator later this morning. I had a super ride yesterday and saw about 50 sleds on NRSA trails.

What's is like up your way Karen, Id like to get out up that way.  I had a look at the A Trail out of Petawawa quickly by road last night and didn't look very inviting so unfortunately Id probably be trailering out of the area, again.  Maybe Im just a wuss LOL.  Too bad there wasn't an online schedule to check up on the local clubs grooming activity, (mainly here in Pet)   I know of a few that will post or even use SPOT to track, I guess thats being kinda spoiled though, but it is an awesome feature.  

Things are pretty good up here!  I heading out shortly for a ride.  Trail 131 was groomed early this morning.

Here is the grooming schedule for the next few days it could change depending on things.  Thursday nigh TOPS A- East from Deep River to club line with Keenta, Friday - PM - TOPS A-trails - Deep River to Harvey Lake (Club line with Missing Link), then Deep River to Club line (Keenta).  So please watch out for the groomer tomorrow, as it will mostly have to leave around 2pm to head west of the TOPS A, in order to completed the entire section of TOPS A trail in NRSA territory. Saturday night the TOPS A-East (Deep River to club line with Keenta) will be done. Sunday night TOPS A-West (Deep River to club line with Missing Link).

Tinkin bout goin out for a bit now myself.  Will see what the local trail looks like here on way over to where my sled is currently.

If you were closer KCC id go for a ride with you.  One day will plan a ride.  

On 2/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, shawnj said:

What's is like up your way Karen, Id like to get out up that way.  I had a look at the A Trail out of Petawawa quickly by road last night and didn't look very inviting so unfortunately Id probably be trailering out of the area, again.  Maybe Im just a wuss LOL.  Too bad there wasn't an online schedule to check up on the local clubs grooming activity, (mainly here in Pet)   I know of a few that will post or even use SPOT to track, I guess thats being kinda spoiled though, but it is an awesome feature.  

It is all up to the club volunteers to do this updating info wrt grooming.  I do this for our club and can see any of our 4 groomers at any time.   Contact your club and see if you could fill that role ...that is one way to be in the know!

Just got back from up around Deep River. 

Really nice Top A West all the way up to Miising Link.  Did a couple of their trails as well.  Pretty freshly groomed as not many tracks and trail was hard and flat.  Took the shorcut through the non OFSC tail back to NRSA.  No problem getting up the hill. 

Tons of moose tracks always back there but i never seen one in there. 

Took the 134 to 131 back to the A and home to petawawa.  Again once i was out of NRSA territory things were a bit choppy yet, but better than recent weeks past. 

Thought maybe Id run into you somewhere out there KCC on my 157kms tour. 

I had house chores to do today, so no sledding!  But going out tomorrow!  Sorry I missed you Shawn!

My daughter and I enjoyed our ride out from Pembroke to Stonecliff today.  

We have trailered up to Deep a couple of times to skip the pipe line but left from home this time.  The rail bed and pipe line were pretty good as they appear to have been groomed last night.  From Deep up to Stonecliff was smooth and clear.  

The 195 was exceptional!  The 191 and 193 where full of powder and excellent as always, don't believe we saw more than two sleds on them.

The 131 is a must do for the return trip, didn't have time to add the 132 & 4 as we were getting hungry.  Stopped in Pet for supper at Kelsey's before heading home, total of 302 kms.  Now relaxing having a drink.  

Thanks for the great trails NRSA and Missing Link.

14 minutes ago, TrophyHunter said:

My daughter and I enjoyed our ride out from Pembroke to Stonecliff today.  

We have trailered up to Deep a couple of times to skip the pipe line but left from home this time.  The rail bed and pipe line were pretty good as they appear to have been groomed last night.  From Deep up to Stonecliff was smooth and clear.  

The 195 was exceptional!  The 191 and 193 where full of powder and excellent as always, don't believe we saw more than two sleds on them.

The 131 is a must do for the return trip, didn't have time to add the 132 & 4 as we were getting hungry.  Stopped in Pet for supper at Kelsey's before heading home, total of 302 kms.  Now relaxing having a drink.  

Thanks for the great trails NRSA and Missing Link.

Aren't those some nice trails up that way!

Love riding the loop trails especially when you don't see many other sleds.  

Just got back from Wilno now at 9:30.   Railbed real choppy now all the way to the B102, then it was nice until the B101A to Golden Lake.  Was a bit slow going. Crossed the lake and into Wilno.   Took the 150 back across Round Lake and then the 148.  Found we were the first on a groomed trail for about 5 kms or so.  What a nice feeling, flat and no bumps. Wish we could of followed it but unfortunately it headed towards Barry's Bay so we took the B back home and was tough going.  

Would like to get up to the NRSA tomorrow maybe, will see how it looks and we feel come tomorrow.  We're a bit sore tonight from coming back..

I was up there last week before the reroute on B101A going into Wilno.  

How was the three road reroute?

If you're heading out tomorrow, go earlier as there should be heavy snow!

13 hours ago, TrophyHunter said:

I was up there last week before the reroute on B101A going into Wilno.  

How was the three road reroute?

If you're heading out tomorrow, go earlier as there should be heavy snow!

The 3km road re-route (B-102 I believe, off railbed) was fine.  Still enough snow on side of road.  Probably seen 50 deer last night.

That is too bad about that re-route.  Too bad some people can't respect the trail and land owner's wishes.  Sucks for the rest of us.

Snowing a little in Pet now, not sure if we are to get as much as south and east of us is though.  

There was actually a much longer road route on the 150 coming back and then the ditch running into round lake was pretty moguly. 

2 hours ago, shawnj said:

The 3km road re-route (B-102 I believe, off railbed) was fine.  Still enough snow on side of road.  Probably seen 50 deer last night.

That is too bad about that re-route.  Too bad some people can't respect the trail and land owner's wishes.  Sucks for the rest of us.

Snowing a little in Pet now, not sure if we are to get as much as south and east of us is though.  

There was actually a much longer road route on the 150 coming back and then the ditch running into round lake was pretty moguly. 

Agree. Did the re-route yesterday afternoon, was good having had snow the night before, re-route is well marked - thank you club (Perhaps you can make the sign noting that the trail is closed to inconsiderate riders MUCH BIGGER :-). It may become a challenge later in the month as the sun gets higher. 

Whole trip was 235KM, about 7 hrs with lunch stop and fuel in BB. Like you said, rail bed had me standing in many spots but most of the other trails were good. Trail 155 is a hidden jewel.

Wilno Re-route.png

11 Feb 17 Actual.png

16 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Agree. Did the re-route yesterday afternoon, was good having had snow the night before, re-route is well marked - thank you club (Perhaps you can make the sign noting that the trail is closed to inconsiderate riders MUCH BIGGER :-). It may become a challenge later in the month as the sun gets higher. 

Whole trip was 235KM, about 7 hrs with lunch stop and fuel in BB. Like you said, rail bed had me standing in many spots but most of the other trails were good. Trail 155 is a hidden jewel.

Wilno Re-route.png

11 Feb 17 Actual.png

Will have to check the 155 out one day. 

I like your mapping.  I have a garmin zumo mounted but im pretty technical illiterate when it comes to doing much with it.   Yes that road run will be near impossible once spring temps arrive.  Will cut off a major route pretty much. 

(Apologize to the NRSA club as out of topic area). 

I often take the 155 vice the B when it's seen heavy use.  Rarely meet anyone on that trail. About the same distance to BB and never gets rough.

Got about 4 inches of snow yesterday, groomer is out on trail 132 & 130 this morning.  Our trail coordinator & his crew are heading out to about 1 km or so west of the 134/132 intersection, to remove a large tree that is leaning over the trails, so please watch out for them as well.  

I was out yesterday & TOPS A from Deep River to boundary line with Keenta was in great shape, however the TOPS A from Deep River to Harvey Lake has seem lots of traffic.  But the good news is that it was groomed last night.  Trail 132 into the Bronson area was rough yesterday as well but it is also being groomed now. Happy Trails and drive safe to arrive safe!

Can't wait to get back up Golden Lake way. Spent many a summer vacation in the area in my youth, nice to be out on the lake on a sled!

Loved that trail. Kudos to Bonn-Trae club after spending a day on the trails last week.

Archived