2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Correct jrhz06, you sure can type faster than me!!

Livin'

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi SJ, they all came back in. For two reasons, a few were in support of what is right, and then them other folks!!

Livin'

That is good.  Too often, folks who attend the general meeting have no tolerance for the BS and leave, never to return.  BTDT!  Good luck and you have our support.

Yes it is a shame that politics is rearing its ugly head but I support the positive things that I've seen happening since Livin took over and I'd like to see it continue. For the record Livin and I had a pretty rocky introduction but thats another story. He's doing a good job and needs support.

We non directors that left all remained and went back into the meeting. You could feel the tension when we went back in. Livin has support but we need more people to show up in February and let the ones trying to derail things know that we RIDERS support Livin.

Rode from Lindsay to Haliburton today. Trails were in very good shape. The only bumpy spots were a few km's south of Kinmount. Kinmount to Haliburton were in great shape. Good job by all clubs volunteers.

Under most rules of order (Roberts of Atwoods) you cannot bar anyone to a General Meeting of the Membership. It is improper and not good form. Definitely not a welcoming attitude and if you had a member finally come out i guarantee you will never see them again. A healthy organization should be encouraging participation and following up with interested parties and involving them (committees or work groups for example). Too often those who have has or seek control of an organization don't want to allow change, opinion or input. Those types of organizations die a slow death.

As much as I appreciate the support regarding the long standing politics of this club, maybe we will move this to another thread as this needs to be dealt with eventually. Back to we what we do, because we have been packing the heck out of any snow that didn't get out of our way, HCSA trails seem to have faired very well. After a couple of days off we will be meeting at the Clubhouse in the AM and all 5 groomers will be going out!! Most of our system has been dealt with and our base is great, should be very good over the weekend... all things considered.

Livin'

A real quick update before we head out for a ride, all trails previously marked as Limited were repacked yesterday. the exception was B112 into Minden. All 5 groomers will be out again tonight.

Livin'

Anything on trail 4 reroute??  I was at the end of Dennison road today just checking it out. Looks like the groomer could go through this area it's nice and frozen now. There have been a lot of sleds through the trail.  Lots of sleds carrying on down horseshoe lake road to get to 12 mile.

Jan 15

Was at the dump on scotch line today and noticed a portion of the trail was groomed and looked great.  The groomer did a great job by pushing all of the snow at the corner of hwy 35 and scotch line into the ditch where people take the goat path to mountain lake.  Many people appreciate that.  Thanks

Thanks, gobills. HCSA is working on trails out of Minden. The trail 4 deal is a Parks Canada thing, Peterborough office, good luck to all of us!!

Livin'

ITG is a bit messed up south of Carnarvon. It shows trail 8 as yellow and going over to trail 4 just south of Carnarvon. There is no trail where the ITG shows as trail 8. The real trail 8 is Maebar Rd and Blairhampton Rd up to trail 4. In addition it shows the real trail 8 as red but it should be yellow. Hopefully this makes sense to people.

The club has been working on getting this corrected on the ITG so please consider this post as an FYI to clarify until OFSC gets around to updating the ITG.

Great job on the B trail to Whitney! It was mint all weekend, keep up the great work!

Rode 8 to 4 to B into Haliburton and back this afternoon. Trails were in great shape! A couple of small wet spots, not enough to even get the sled wet but enough to keep the trail marked as yellow. Thanks to the grooming crew, great job!

Has anybody been riding this week. I see trails are listed as limited. Do you think it will be okay to ride tomorrow. Thanks.

Its been very mild this week and we've lost a lot of snow. Trails were great last week and the base was good. Don't know how well they've survived this warm spell but I'm betting that the wet spots that had firmed up might have softened up again. Rail trail should be ok but I'd be cautious on most other trails. Check the HCSA website for trail conditions as well as the ITG. The club has been working with OFSC to get the ITG in sync with the HCSA website.

i

Don't know whats going on with my computer and phone, tried to reply from my phone, sent it, yet it never appeared. Starting typing when I got home and all that posted was I?? Now back to the trails, HCSA has been out most nights packing and filling water holes and the trails have held up nicely. Rode from Boyce Bradley rd to Whitney this afternoon and has held up nicely. Had 4 out 5 groomers out last night, but it is too warm to go tonight. Trails are very rideable but the snow is heavy and wet. Moose and Eagle lakes should be staked in the next day or two.

Livin'

Thanks for the info livin. So is the ITG up to date. Can I go by it.

The "in sync" issue that's between the ITG and HCSA website that jrhz06 refers to is a project that he has graciously taken on. It involves some minor re-route or variances that a non local rider wouldn't notice as the signage has been in place for some time. HCSA goes to great lengths to ensure the ITG, HCSA website, and HCSA Facebook all display the same info. I have seen comments from other Districts that there is a long lead time for reporting to ITG, but the Admin for D6 is top notch and he ensures it is almost instant. Especially when the changes are large variances. Most HCSA trails are yellow on all sources and all lakes remain red. If something in the reporting is out to lunch we make every effort to report at all levels.

Livin' 

Thanks again livin. Think I will head to Kinmount in the morning and head north.

Hello Livin you mentioned you were on Boyce Bradley Rd.  Did you pick up the rosd at the haliburton forest side.What ws the road conditions as we normally pick up the trail to Whitney since Redstone is not staked yet.  By the way in case nobody knows Ravenlake  is staked. I am checking sources if red pine , clear and Sherburne lakes are staked as well.

So just to confirm all lakes are staked from Hali to Whitney?

minus the lake right in Hali.

2 hours ago, infernobuster said:

So just to confirm all lakes are staked from Hali to Whitney?

minus the lake right in Hali.

This makes no sense. Head lake is always safe first usually a week or two ahead of eagle and moose. If it isn't safe I would be nervous going on the other two. 

Eagle and Moose got staked on the weekend.

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived