2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

On 10/02/2017 at 1:19 PM, livin' on the b103 said:

All 5 groomers out last night and tonight! All lakes are staked and will show green on the IG soon.(today) Thanks to Cayuna and jrhz06 for doing some of the lake staking! The 16 from B to Sherborn is open for the first time in 3 years. This gets you over to Tall Pines quickly. HCSA and D6 are showing a whole lot of green, maybe I can take a day off.

Livin'

Giver!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went for an early run this morning at first light. I wanted to beat the weekend crowd as well as the warming weather. It was - 10 when I started out, nice and crisp. And the trails ? ...  This morning was Zen-like. It just doesn't get any better than this ! :) All of the trails that I could see were groomed to perfection last night. HCSA, Livin' and the grooming crew simply couldn't give any more than they are already doing. There is nothing left on the table. We are very fortunate to have a club of this caliber. I have been a permanent resident here in Haliburton for 6 years now and this is the finest I have seen, both in effort and results. HCSA is getting traffic levels unseen before and they are keeping the trails in amazing condition. Thanks HCSA !

Eagle Lake_1_Feb 18_2017-2.JPG

Well if we can just hold the Alamo until Saturday night, we'll ease back into winter and pick up a little snow while we're at it. Keepdafaith  !

58ac981a21914_MapleLakeWeather.thumb.JPG.6add19c86121e29c72f590633c3873de.JPG

6 hours ago, egstasea said:

I was planning on coming through HCSA for my RAP tour on Friday.  Should I change my plans?

Getting across the lakes like eagle and moose could be trickey, sounds like roads will be bare. Touring is just a bad idea after a major melt if you ask me. If you can hold out for a week, looks like things will improve and wet area's will tighten back up. 

All HCSA trails are RED as of today. We will recover, base is good. "Trash Our Trails" weekend and warm temps did not help. Can't predict the future, so don't ask. We will groom and open as soon as it makes sense. HCSA does not want closed trails during a winter when we have been having great successes with trail conditions.

Livin'

On 23/02/2017 at 6:42 PM, livin' on the b103 said:

All HCSA trails are RED as of today. We will recover, base is good. "Trash Our Trails" weekend and warm temps did not help. Can't predict the future, so don't ask. We will groom and open as soon as it makes sense. HCSA does not want closed trails during a winter when we have been having great successes with trail conditions.

Livin'

Amazing success with Trail conditions. Keeping positive here, thanks for all the efforts.

Finally caught a break on the weather. Base is very good in most areas, and the small amount of snow is packing down well. Go to the OFSC IG it is correct at this moment. Lakes all show RED and we are working to remove stakes as required. Expect the unexpected on any and all Yellow trails, but for the most part should make for a good run. It is probably over after this weekend.

Livin'

Any insight about conditions on the Haliburton to Lindsay trail, now that the weekend has passed?

Hi Blake, you texted me before I saw this! The rail trail is in real good shape from Kinmount to Hali. South of Kinmount, I don't think is worth running. The E to Paudash is good as is the B to Whitney, which will go Yellow after a grooming pass last night.

Livin' 

If they survive, HCSA will groom trails until the season end. The base on most trails has held up better than expected due to early and frequent grooming. A little rain won't hurt them, but we need more snow to make them rideable after the rain. You could go insane looking at the weather forecast as it changes by source and doesn't ever seem to be correct this year!

Livin'

On 2017-03-06 at 1:32 PM, canuckrider said:

So do you guys think it will survive this next warmup today/tomorrow?  Is riding expected this weekend?

It started raining last night and has poured rain all day with temps in the mid 40's. The lakes have standing water on them and don't have a bump on them. Will make great skating rinks when this freezes tonight. We've lost a lot of the remaining snowpack that we had and I'd be very surprised if any trails were still ridable by the weekend. If you're lucky possibly the rail trail but I would be very surprised if anything else was left. I'm sure Livin' will keep us updated as the weekend approaches. Sorry for the bad news.

IMHO it is over for HCSA this season. All trails are closed and machines will be returning to base and lake stakes are being pulled.

Thanks to all who rode/supported HCSA this year!!

Livin'

Thank you for your dedication, and for all the hard work by your team. Your leadership over the past three years has had a tremendous effect on snowmobiling in Haliburton. You've provided a fine example of what can be accomplished.

Thanks to you and your team of volunteers livin. Did most of my riding up your way. Now just have to sit around for 10 months waiting for it to snow.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!!!  Well done!

Congrats and thank you for a great season!!

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived