Who's going to the Toronto Snowmobile/ATV Show?

SuperG

2 hours ago, mjack7 said:

Yes , was hoping to save the shipping/ admin fees for the permits.  Buying 4 at 7.50 per permit is a joke  when they can be sent altogether. 

I bought 2 permits online 1 regular at 180 and 1 classic at 140. I was only charges the 7.50 fee once.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mjack7 said:

Yes , was hoping to save the shipping/ admin fees for the permits.  Buying 4 at 7.50 per permit is a joke  when they can be sent altogether. 

So true.

I was charged $7.50 for each permit

I'll be there on Friday from opening until early evening. Will be at the D6 booth handing out the 2017 HCSA Trail Guide!! They will of course be available all weekend from all the other volunteers working the D6 booth. Hope to see some of you on Friday.

Livin'

6 hours ago, schmied said:

Anyone know if Royal is selling tax free at the show again?

I will be there tomorrow afternoon as well as saturday., hoping to meet up with some of you. I will be near the park to park booth helping out a bit which will be beside the CF MOTO booth as well as aimlessly wondering around. 

I do believe that royal will be offering their no tax there.

I will be there Friday afternoon. Hope to cross path's with many of you.

I'll be there this afternoon when the show opens 3 hours from now. I tried to convince my wife to go with me but she isn't interested. That's probably a good thing since she won't be able to tell me I shouldn't buy something if she isn't there. Tick tock tick tock....like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

19 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'll be there this afternoon when the show opens 3 hours from now. I tried to convince my wife to go with me but she isn't interested. That's probably a good thing since she won't be able to tell me I shouldn't buy something if she isn't there. Tick tock tick tock....like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

If you see this t-shirt, let me know. 

Snowmobile - Too many snowmobiles.jpg

22 minutes ago, Canuck said:

If you see this t-shirt, let me know. 

Snowmobile - Too many snowmobiles.jpg

If I see it I will get one for myself and let you know for sure. One of the ones I like and have is "when hell freezes over I'll ride there too"

Im heading down Sat for the first time.  Taking my three boys with me also.  Hope to see a meet of you there

I have lots of OC Stickers so if you want any stop by the Prostate Extreme Team Booth in Hall 2

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

I have lots of OC Stickers so if you want any stop by the Prostate Extreme Team Booth in Hall 2

Great idea! See you at the PET booth.

Me too.

This year will be my first year in ALONG time not going,  I'm on call for work this weekend and couldn't find anyone to cover a day for me,

Just got back in from the show .. 

Ended up buying some new carbides and my buddy bought the new CKX Titan helmet and got a great deal on the 2016 Trekmaps .

Just got back from the show. Saw a few people from the forum.... Sledjunk, Livin, Viper, SuperG, WildBill, 2bsledding and a few others as well as bumped into a guy I used to work with and had no idea that he was a sledder. Didn't see Canuck and usually he's hard to miss.

Got all the maps except for D10 which didn't have any available... they were on their way from the printer. I should get a partial refund on my entrance fee :D

Picked up wind deflectors for the two sleds and a new much larger tunnel bag. The ones that came with the sled were full once you put in a belt and a map. I like to carry some tools, fuses, tow rope, booster cables and a number of maps that I can give to people who don't have one.

I looked at a plastic gizmo that clamps onto your handgrip and thumb throttle allowing you to operate the throttle from a pistol grip at the end of a cable while you pull on the skis when you're stuck. Neat idea but not for $100.

Amzoil was a let down.... two old guys there instead of the usual girls but the Hooters booth made up for it.

Also heard about two major washouts on the P2P trail. One is about 30 ft deep and 40 ft wide. I think this is the one near Orrville which will create some painful road running unless it is fixed. They have a go fund me but the best way to donate is to go to the P2P website and donate since go fund me takes about 5% plus the credit card charge.

I came I saw.... bring on the snow.

I'm hoping to be there at 10 tomorrow.  Should I get tickets in advance, or is the lineup not too long and I can use the $3 coupon.

16 minutes ago, Dave K said:

I'm hoping to be there at 10 tomorrow.  Should I get tickets in advance, or is the lineup not too long and I can use the $3 coupon.

I bought mine online and got there at 12:30 for a 1:00 opening. They finally got smart and they started selling tickets before the show opened. At 12:30 there wasn't a line to buy tickets but the line from the entrance to the show went down the corridor and around the bend to the permanent restaurant. Not sure how far it went by 1:00.

Interesting thing I found out. The $3 discount is available online up until last Monday. They dropped it starting Monday and said that it was to encourage early online sales. If you buy your ticket online you also pay HST on the ticket price. Juniors and Seniors are $15 + $1.95 HST = $16.95 Adults $18 + $2.34 HST = $20.34. If you buy your ticket at the show the price is either $15 or $18 and they don't charge HST. You can also use the coupon at the show which takes the cost to $12 or $15.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Just got back from the show. Saw a few people from the forum.... Sledjunk, Livin, Viper, SuperG, WildBill, 2bsledding and a few others as well as bumped into a guy I used to work with and had no idea that he was a sledder. Didn't see Canuck and usually he's hard to miss.

Got all the maps except for D10 which didn't have any available... they were on their way from the printer. I should get a partial refund on my entrance fee :D

Picked up wind deflectors for the two sleds and a new much larger tunnel bag. The ones that came with the sled were full once you put in a belt and a map. I like to carry some tools, fuses, tow rope, booster cables and a number of maps that I can give to people who don't have one.

I looked at a plastic gizmo that clamps onto your handgrip and thumb throttle allowing you to operate the throttle from a pistol grip at the end of a cable while you pull on the skis when you're stuck. Neat idea but not for $100.

Amzoil was a let down.... two old guys there instead of the usual girls but the Hooters booth made up for it.

Also heard about two major washouts on the P2P trail. One is about 30 ft deep and 40 ft wide. I think this is the one near Orrville which will create some painful road running unless it is fixed. They have a go fund me but the best way to donate is to go to the P2P website and donate since go fund me takes about 5% plus the credit card charge.

O2 Sledjunk lol

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Good to see you and all the others.  I didn't see Canuck either, but also didn't see Viper.  Was by the booth a couple of times but he was MIA.

I saw that sledstuck device as well.  Pretty ingenious device, but ya $100, WOW.  I suspect either the price will drop or it will fade away.

49 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

O2 Sledjunk lol

:wtf::lmao:

Had an enjoyable afternoon at the show with my daughter, Emily.

Spoke briefly with STG, irREVerent and Mrs. irREVerent, Livin', Wildbill. The aisles weren't too crowded, so some of us knelt for a brief moment of prayer. I asked for Polaris to work on a four-stroke sled engine.

Missed out on any other OC'ers unfortunately.

Had a good chat with Paul McNichol about his Triton trailers. Looking really nice, aren't they?

I too spent the afternoon at the Sled show as did many others.

Picked up the brochures for the new sleds and ATVs for reading material in the library.

Quelled the urge to splurge on a Klim jacket again this year, but did spend money on lighting for the trailer at the Triton Booth (Thank you Scott Reinhart).

Picked up the trail maps. I do have a question regarding most of the 2017 maps - why did they not include the district number on the front? Note to 02Sled:  I have a spare District 10 map if you want it. They were one of the maps to include the district on the front.

Now for my afternoon out at the show, Saturday I get to watch the Stampeders perform at Deerhurst. Should be interesting. Not.

Do the snow dance everyone!

Just left the Stampeders show at Deerhurst - It was great!

Archived