Carling Trailblazers major trail closure

Running Wild

33 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

Who needs cheap hydro and good jobs. And now to distract you " Ontario really needs to do something about bottled water  !  Wynnebag has twisted priorities foe sure 

I know... she stated we drink too much bottled water and she doesn't understand why. She needs to fix that. When we go out on the boat for a day we take lots of cold bottled water. I guess we'll have to stop that for the grandchildren.

The other one she's screwing around with is Drive Clean. She has listened to people object to the cost of the drive clean program and that they see it as just another tax. So now instead of you paying the local garage for the drive clean the province will pay the garage for you. They will of course need to increase the number of government bureaucrats to manage the payment to the all those local garages which will cost the tax payer more money and of course the money the province gives the mechanic will still come out of your pocket but go to the thieving Fiberals first. Bottom line it will cost you much more.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame the people who can't see past the propaganda.

I don't believe government(s) is evil, just misguided. With their own agenda.

There is so much emphasis on "spin" and actively trying to mislead the "stupid peasants" that we all pay.

People need to think critically, and be more skeptical. People hear about "free" (Government media use of this 4 letter word should be BANNED and replaced with "taxpayer funded") and don't realize that when the government provides it,  it costs more.. (02 touched on this)

When the auditor presents a report, the issues need to be addressed, not glossed over and forgotten like a facebook post.

Rant over.

I'm off to plan my new methods of upping my underground economy, to pay for the increased taxes that will provide no benefit in 2017.

I was just looking at the Interactive Trail Guide, and I see 402 is back on the map.  If that is reality, that is great news for Nobel area riders and businesses.  ITG glitch?  Or reality?  Anyone know?

reality :)

That's great.   Cheers to all involved. 

Hey guys, I'm real confused now. Looked at the interactive map on Dec. 23rd and the 402 crossed hwy 400 and continued on from there north. I looked at just now and it stops at hwy 400. I rode this section yesterday from the golf course north and no groomer has touched this section this year. Rode up to Marsh Lake Rd where the 402 crosses the 400 and over to Week's pit and signs still posted north and south "Trail Closed". Can someone give some insight to the trail not being on the map anymore and where the new re-route is?

No big melt up here yet

There are more landowners than just the weeks family no longer allowing access on their property.

i am also a member of OLA and a property owner that is very concerned with what bill 100 could mean for my property.

W

28 minutes ago, rageit said:

There are more landowners than just the weeks family no longer allowing access on their property.

i am also a member of OLA and a property owner that is very concerned with what bill 100 could mean for my property.

What are your concerns? If you care to share them or not.. just curious

I already have an oil pipeline and a hydro line easement on my property done in the 60's. an easement is usually done as a direct route, and there is really nothing a property owner can do about it.

so if you apply this to a snowmobile trail, if the easiest route is to go through a persons property than around it, don't you think that's what the government will do?

The MOE designated certain areas of my property as Environmentally Significant, with the stroke of a pen. There was absolutely no consultation with me as the property owner. What this means is there can be no development, not even a garage built within 120 meters of the area. So if the property is 300' wide and you can't build within 360', your euchred.

All these measures taken by the government have absolutely no respect for property owners rights.

This may sound extreme, but believe me, it's not.

Take a few minutes and read some of the articles on OLA's website.

I hope this explains the situation a little better.

Something like the provincially created green belt, also a stroke of a pen. Picture a farmer who sees his retirement coming close. Housing development is getting closer and closer to your 200 acres. Your plan is to create serviced lots on your property and sell it to a builder. You sink a pile of your money into plans, surveys, staking and services. Then the province says we don't care what you want to do with your property or the money you spent or the fact everything done to that point was approved. You're screwed as well as your retirement. It can't happen and now the money you spent is gone.

• 9 months later...

Archived