Carling Trailblazers major trail closure

Running Wild

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta be kidding me

No Sir, wish I was...

Signs recently put up read; "Trail Closed, thank the Ontario government". Refers to Bill100

Way to go Kathleen Wynne.....

Sad the area is losing these trails :(

I've heard from a family member that was talking to a landowner in our area that they may close the trail thru their property because of a proposed ATV trail. Nobody has any idea about any proposed ATV trails in the area. Yes council is attempting to draw up an ATV/UTV bylaw for township roads to link the HATV & Havelock clubs but nothing on private property. Some azzhat is probably yammering to the owners about something they know nothing about. I've heard the same kind of nonsense in years past. People telling others stuff that is absolutely baseless.

Looks to be a pretty wide swath of privately held land (mauve colour - see key in second map) in the whole Nobel - Carling Club area.... wonder if the highway 400 corridor might be utilized to at least reach up proximate to Pointe Aux Barrile and some crown land.

post-19713-0-93511100-1474821228_thumb.j

post-19713-0-05141000-1474821244_thumb.j

Either that or go way to the east for a main north south trail.

sounding like D north coming out of Bracebridge could have issues again this season with Kathleens bill 100 ,You go girl 

Signs recently put up read; "Trail Closed, thank the Ontario government". Refers to Bill100

Obviously, the landowner is misinformed about Bill 100.  Too bad.  This is a huge blow to the community.  

Obviously, the landowner is misinformed about Bill 100.  Too bad.  This is a huge blow to the community.  

He's not....

Re Parry sound trails. From what I've heard the 'C' trail is also closed on the south east side of hwy. 124 by another land owner. I think this was closed sometime last year.

RW

That's correct, and likely to remain closed as well. Not Bill100 related though, off-trail riders.

• 3 weeks later...

That IS good news. Let's hope there's still time to turn things around.

Sudbury has some major trail issues going on right now as well

Oh man, I hope the good folks up there can get this straightened out.  It looks like riding out of Nobel will be a real problem.  Is Portage Lake and the trail that leads over to the C/403 intersection by the Ski club part of the closed sections?

1 hour ago, M-10 Ultra said:

Oh man, I hope the good folks up there can get this straightened out.  It looks like riding out of Nobel will be a real problem.  Is Portage Lake and the trail that leads over to the C/403 intersection by the Ski club part of the closed sections?

Not affected by this particular closure.

18 hours ago, psledhead said:

Not affected by this particular closure.

That's good news for when we stay in Nobel. Unfortunately, I usually go on a second trip in that area with the Mrs. and stay on Lake Shebe. Without 404, the trail choices are too limited and will likely force us to look elsewhere. Bummer...I've always enjoyed the meandering trails in the Carling district. 

I doubt there is anything a guy in Buffalo can do to help the situation, but if there is, please let me know. 

12 hours ago, M-10 Ultra said:

That's good news for when we stay in Nobel. Unfortunately, I usually go on a second trip in that area with the Mrs. and stay on Lake Shebe. Without 404, the trail choices are too limited and will likely force us to look elsewhere. Bummer...I've always enjoyed the meandering trails in the Carling district. 

I doubt there is anything a guy in Buffalo can do to help the situation, but if there is, please let me know. 

It certainly limits my options as I live at the Esso end of Portage Lake.

Trails north out of Nobel towards Ardbeg and over to the 400 series were great for Sunday "wife" rides.

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

How did last nights meeting go?Any news of the trail closures? Sorry, couldn't make it having appointments out of district.

No change despite repeated discussions with the landowner. 

As per the landowner; while Bill 100 is in effect, no trails on his land.

Other options are being looked at, these will take a few years however.

Trail closures could be the death of snowmobiling in many areas.

This is of major consequence if a $150,000 bridge becomes landlocked or a $100,000 Trail improvement ends up being wasted $$$ if no one can access it.

I really don't know what the solution is, probably none.

I wished the Feds and Provinces would provide a meaningful tax credit to those landowners that allow their land to be used for trails.

14 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Trail closures could be the death of snowmobiling in many areas.

This is of major consequence if a $150,000 bridge becomes landlocked or a $100,000 Trail improvement ends up being wasted $$$ if no one can access it.

I really don't know what the solution is, probably none.

I wished the Feds and Provinces would provide a meaningful tax credit to those landowners that allow their land to be used for trails.

I agree, and something needs to be done soon in order to save the sport-imo

5 hours ago, psledhead said:

I agree, and something needs to be done soon in order to save the sport-imo

Well its simply put, we NEED the provincial and federal governments putting more money into the sport like they do in quebec. I thought with big justin trudeau coming in and being all we need to stimulate the economy with building everything etc, i figured that some money might come our way finally.... guess not :( 

Also for the weeks decision to not open trails on their property, IMO is wrong and ignorant! They have been given all info on the bill 100 act etc. An they still are taking this stance now just to be ignorant. most of the businesses in downtown and north of town will suffer cause of this, as well those businesses will not be able to afford improvements on their business hence not being able to get weeks construction to do the work for them so in that I hope it gets back on them and weeks starts to feel the affects of their own doing! I know many may not agree with me especially wildbill, but enough is enough and that is why I am very much against Weeks construction getting the bid to do the trail work on the Seguin trail! Support those that support the sport, not ones that like to hurt the sport and local economy!!!!!!!  

Thanks SuperG. That was a world full of information to me because I haven't been able to get to a club meeting to find out any particulars. Certain names in town are very prominent or they think they are. Reaping profits from any organization while stone walling that organizations efforts seem to be more commonplace these days. I am on a fact finding mission but I will keep my nose out of this political fire.

Archived