Carling Trailblazers major trail closure

Running Wild

On 12/20/2016 at 7:48 PM, Blake G said:

The Weeks family provided a lengthy rationale for their decision, in a December 15, 2016 Letter to the Editor:

http://www.parrysound.com/opinion-story/7022382-easements-for-snowmobile-trails-prompts-closure-of-some-parry-sound-routes/#.WFlzjGbrzJA.facebook

My biggest fear is other landowners who have granted land use permission will read their rationale and be inclined to do likewise.

This has letter to the editor has the potential to get much worse, not only in Carling but other areas as well, imo

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

population growth alone will end trails in central ont,developments popping up everywhere.who can blame landowners not wanting sleds across their land,not just fri nite till sunday aft anymore...trails run so close to houses now...plus all I see on 705 sled site is post wanting cans,louder the better..kids..we were all there.i still run to front window when sleds rip thru fields across road..not proud of it.its too bad you don't appreciate things like our trail system until your older,just like everything...lol...:wavey:.....:crazy:

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Personally I think that snowmobilers owe the Weeks family a vote of thanks for allowing them to use property in their (Weeks) control to put snowmobile trails on what it appears to an outsider to be a number of years. Quite frankly in my humble opinion, we should be glad we haven't lost more land use agreements at this point. 

The real cause of all this BS is the Wynne government who started the ball rolling by creating Bill 100 in the same fashion that she seems to do everything, Half Assed! So if you want to blame someone maybe you should start with her and the people who voted for the witch.

I thank all landowners who let us use the land for trails.  The Weekes are no longer a part of that group.  Case closed.  They owe me nothing and I owe them nothing, thr want to close their trails;no problem!  Don't beg and lie through the media because you caught flack in your community. That's what I consider the natural order of things. 

Also, It was the tourism ministers bill and it's a good bill.  Wynne had no background in trails or tourism and for the record there were only 3 members who voted against the bill on final reading:

• MacLaren, Jack
  • McDonell, Jim
  • Nicholls, Rick

I agree that the Weeks can do what they want with their land - they made a decision and decided to publish a self-serving article to defend themselves - boo hoo.

I am going to throw in the argument that as they have created a 'right of passage' due to their own trucks and those of other contractors to whom they sell aggregates accessing their various pits and operations, they are open to various types of government expropriation anyway.

2 hours ago, slomo said:

I agree that the Weeks can do what they want with their land - they made a decision and decided to publish a self-serving article to defend themselves - boo hoo.

I am going to throw in the argument that as they have created a 'right of passage' due to their own trucks and those of other contractors to whom they sell aggregates accessing their various pits and operations, they are open to various types of government expropriation anyway.

WOW that's a stretch. If that held up in court then by your thinking anyone using a Timmie's drive through would also have a case.

9 hours ago, Canadoo said:

I thank all landowners who let us use the land for trails.  The Weekes are no longer a part of that group.  Case closed.  They owe me nothing and I owe them nothing, thr want to close their trails;no problem!  Don't beg and lie through the media because you caught flack in your community. That's what I consider the natural order of things. 

Also, It was the tourism ministers bill and it's a good bill.  Wynne had no background in trails or tourism and for the record there were only 3 members who voted against the bill on final reading:

• MacLaren, Jack
  • McDonell, Jim
  • Nicholls, Rick

Sorry, I thought the tourism minister worked under Wynne's leadership.

12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Personally I think that snowmobilers owe the Weeks family a vote of thanks for allowing them to use property in their (Weeks) control to put snowmobile trails on what it appears to an outsider to be a number of years. Quite frankly in my humble opinion, we should be glad we haven't lost more land use agreements at this point. 

The real cause of all this BS is the Wynne government who started the ball rolling by creating Bill 100 in the same fashion that she seems to do everything, Half Assed! So if you want to blame someone maybe you should start with her and the people who voted for the witch.

In the end its their land and can do so as they wish.  We should be grateful for the years they let trails cross their property for us to enjoy.

We are also free to use businesses who contribute to the sport and should if we want to keep this sport alive.

And yes Wynnebag is to blame for much much more than this rather trivial matter when stepping back and looking at the bigger picture of the mess in Ontario.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

WOW that's a stretch. If that held up in court then by your thinking anyone using a Timmie's drive through would also have a case.

Normally it would be - however, as the landowner does not own mineral rights below the property, let's visit this scenario - the current holder of the lease to mine and remove minerals or aggregate loses the lease due to any of several reasons - backs the wrong provincial political candidate, poor safety procedures, ongoing complaints about neighbouring wells going dry due to excavation, etc. - and another miner takes over, the original lessee would be hard pressed to prevent access.

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

And yes Wynnebag is to blame for much much more than this rather trivial matter when stepping back and looking at the bigger picture of the mess in Ontario.

Was talking with a company I deal with today, was informed they will be shutting down their Ontario plant early in the new year. They have a similar sized operation in Texas, electrical demand of both facilities within 10% yet the Texas plants hydro costs were $475,000.00 less than their Ontario plant. Sea Biscuits upcoming Carbon Tax was their deciding factor in leaving. They will be relocating in Michigan where they can buy Ontario produced power at a much lower rate then they were paying here. 

24 minutes ago, snapper said:

Was talking with a company I deal with today, was informed they will be shutting down their Ontario plant early in the new year. They have a similar sized operation in Texas, electrical demand of both facilities within 10% yet the Texas plants hydro costs were $475,000.00 less than their Ontario plant. Sea Biscuits upcoming Carbon Tax was their deciding factor in leaving. They will be relocating in Michigan where they can buy Ontario produced power at a much lower rate then they were paying here. 

And once they relocate they won't be coming back. Wynnebag has destroyed the province and the damage will take decades to undo if it can be undone at all.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

And once they relocate they won't be coming back. Wynnebag has destroyed the province and the damage will take decades to undo if it can be undone at all.

... but the will of the majority had spoken and we now get the government we deserve. ( spoken in sarcasm, deeply steeped in bitter frustration )

Libs do not have a clue how many businesses are bailing just in Ontario alone.Opened my 2nd plant in Kentucky will not

invest another dime in Ontario.Very sad

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM, blown corner said:

SuperG, those 400 series around Nobel aren't available then? just the C north got re routed to go north?

Most of the 400 trails will be open. Check the online map once trails are opened

1 hour ago, Bearcat_w said:

Most of the 400 trails will be open. Check the online map once trails are opened

They are back on the map.  Reroute???

5 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Libs do not have a clue how many businesses are bailing just in Ontario alone.Opened my 2nd plant in Kentucky will not

invest another dime in Ontario.Very sad

Its rather interesting to talk to the individuals responsible for new plant locations who have to pick from various site location possibilities.  Ontario might be a desire but quickly gets tossed off the list as the high costs simply can't be justified.  Even with a low dollar and paid health care the USA stills comes out on top.  This would not have been the case 15 years ago.  Thanks Wynnebag.   

Is there anything that the government touches that isn't screwed up

19 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

You tell me it's for the grandchildren.lol

Too bad the grandchildren won't have a job to go to and won't be able to afford to pay the hydro bill, the taxes and live off of what little is left.

Who needs cheap hydro and good jobs. And now to distract you " Ontario really needs to do something about bottled water  !  Wynnebag has twisted priorities foe sure 

Archived