Phazer Repairs

signfan

Two quick questions.

1. The reverse on our Phazer is very temperamental and doesn't engage when you hit the button. Rocking the entire sled back and forth helps sometimes, but it's always a fight. Is there a fix? It's an 07. Shim kit or something of that nature?

2. Ran into overheating issues last season. Is there anything these sleds are known to have issues with in the cooling system? The machine does have a radiator?

Thanks for the help guys.

Not sure about your reverse problem, but if there are any linkages they might need adjustment. I have had good results with ice scratchers for extra cooling on hard frozen trails, go with cable type for no worries when reversing.

I have an 07 Phazer FX. There was a fix for the temperamental reverse engagement. It involved a shim on the secondary clutch and a different belt. Yamaha did issue a service bulletin on this issue in 07. Even with that I still have to do the "Yamaha Bounce" on the back end occasionally  to get reverse to engage.

In skinny snow and warm temps the machine will flash an overheat warning. There is an optional fan that mounts behind the rad that will solve the problem. If you have an FX the fan is plug-n-play as the wiring harness is already there. 

You should also check out the Phazer General Talk forum over on TotallyYamaha.com. Its located in the 4-Stroke Forum.

I have an 07 Phazer FX. There was a fix for the temperamental reverse engagement. It involved a shim on the secondary clutch and a different belt. Yamaha did issue a service bulletin on this issue in 07. Even with that I still have to do the "Yamaha Bounce" on the back end occasionally  to get reverse to engage.

In skinny snow and warm temps the machine will flash an overheat warning. There is an optional fan that mounts behind the rad that will solve the problem. If you have an FX the fan is plug-n-play as the wiring harness is already there. 

You should also check out the Phazer General Talk forum over on TotallyYamaha.com. Its located in the 4-Stroke Forum.

You beat me to it. Yes, a belt part number update. Optional fan and certainly look around totallyamaha.com   Best of Luck

Archived