Clubhouse Lost & Trail Severed

One of our long time landowners recently sold his farm to a developer. Our clubhouse has sat on the back of his farm for a number of years on a section of the B203 just to the north of Baden. Our president received a phone call from the new owners the other day saying their insurance company and lawyers thought it best if the snowmobile club vacated the premises. This is after he had talked to representatives of the developer previously and thought everything was OK. He tried to talk them out of it. He got another call today confirming the decision to turf us from the property. Come fall our clubhouse and the farm buildings will be knocked down and buried.

It seems the trail will also be banned from the property. This will cut a section out of the B203 where it runs across the north side of Baden and ruin a local loop that runs from Baden to St Clements then down to Wellesley and back to Baden. I'm not sure what we can do but I'm hoping we can at least salvage the trail. There is a large subdivision on the north side of Baden that is home to a large number of snowmobilers. They will continue to cross the developer's property to get to the north/south trail that will continue to run from Wellesley south to New Dundee and points beyond. I'm hoping this may encourage them to at least keep the trail and the OFSC insurance coverage.

Time will tell but it is not looking good.

That sucks! Always bad news. First Petersburg trail, now the Baden one.

That blows big time. If you guys need help knocking on doors to assist in a new route pm me I'd be glad to help. I can relate,we are going to be experiencing some re routes this fall too.

That blows big time. If you guys need help knocking on doors to assist in a new route pm me I'd be glad to help. I can relate,we are going to be experiencing some re routes this fall too.

The only reroute option would be something north of Erbs Rd. I'm not sure if there any members in our club or the St Agatha club that would be willing to do all the work it will take to create another link between our clubs.

That's correct. The clubhouse is toast for sure. We are trying to salvage the trail but may not know until fall.

Very sorry to hear this Rob. The NVSS clubhouse helped to make your club strong. A shame to loose it. Any chance it could be moved with some volunteer help and a place for it to go?

I think the developer is very short sighted if they think there won't be a lot of sleds riding everywhere on that property. People will still go where the trail was.

Very sorry to hear this Rob. The NVSS clubhouse helped to make your club strong. A shame to loose it. Any chance it could be moved with some volunteer help and a place for it to go?

I think the developer is very short sighted if they think there won't be a lot of sleds riding everywhere on that property. People will still go where the trail was.

I would be willing to help to relocate it if possible. Maybe take it apart and store it in a new location until a new home is found. Be a shame to burn it.

I would be willing to help to relocate it if possible. Maybe take it apart and store it in a new location until a new home is found. Be a shame to burn it.

X2

insurance company and lawyers

It's not the weather we need worrying about killing our sport...

Wow oh wow.... One of the best club houses in the area. Sorry to hear this news.

Archived