New Brunswick

jrhz06

Just got back from a few weeks down East. Had a great time visiting all the tourist traps. Not many people there this time of year.

While driving I noticed lots of trails so I did a bit of research and found that there are a ton of sled trails in a very sled friendly province. Got me thinking of possibly doing a week long trip around the province. So, the question is, has anyone on here been to NB sledding? If yes, how was it for accommodations, trail conditions, signage, snow?

big mike,who has rode with some of us & good buddy...grew up there.i will call him for info.bill & I dream of gaspie bay ride.john u set up transportation of sleds (transport truck/rail car) & flights...I"ll do the rest

lol

few wks ??? who was running the $$$ press???

post some pics of trip...nothing else...pls

probably not getting invite now eh ?

still can't believe you left polaris for artic cat....

know what...don't even wanna go now

stupid artic cat

I love you guys...12:07am

Just got back from a few weeks down East. Had a great time visiting all the tourist traps. Not many people there this time of year.

While driving I noticed lots of trails so I did a bit of research and found that there are a ton of sled trails in a very sled friendly province. Got me thinking of possibly doing a week long trip around the province. So, the question is, has anyone on here been to NB sledding? If yes, how was it for accommodations, trail conditions, signage, snow?

New Brunswick was on my radar this year for a week long trip - unfortunately their weather was the same as Ontario for the most part - no snow. Things did pick up later in the year though. Here is the web site for their association:

http://www.nbfsc.com/html/main.html

The N.B. trail conditions map

http://nbfsc.evouala.com/trail_map/#

is not as concise as the OFSC map as you can see - however does denote the various services on trails. A paper map is easily attainable with an email to the headquarters in Woodstock.

You would probably want to concentrate on the northern part of the province - having lived in F'ton and Saint John in the past, can tell you weather in that area can be negatively affected (for sledders) by warm ocean currents. There is plenty of accomodation with direct access to trails. Some research through the various snowmobiling magazines etc. will provide trip info - the interprid sledder comes up on a google search - maybe he's getting a few bucks from N.B. sledding as well. My barber raves about Danny's in Bathurst.

Most of my research bookmarks are on my camp computer so not available, but here's a few to get you started:

post-19713-0-25073900-1465894173_thumb.j

Except for about a 20 minute stretch just north of New Brunswick, it is four lane highway from southern Ontario all the way N.B. , so unless you're socked in by a storm, driving is good. (did get stuck one year in St. Jean Port Joli, Quebec,  for 4 days once around Xmas time)

We've ridden in Northern New Brunswick a couple of times. Had planned to do a big loop to the south the second time we went but the weather in the south was to mild and rain. As Slomo has said, the south part can be iffy. We compared it to Ontario. Once you get 2-3 hours north of the major cities the weather is more sled friendly.

Trails were good but  I can't see there being a week of riding in the northern part if you like riding 3-400 km. per day.

Heres a few pics. The first couple are Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy. Tide that day was 44".

Second is the camp ground at Seal Cove. This is about as busy as we found at most camp grounds.

Third is why they call it seal cove. Little guy wasn't very old. Just like a happy puppy.

post-22300-0-76174500-1465944276_thumb.jpeg

post-22300-0-51309800-1465944304_thumb.jpeg

post-22300-0-59737000-1465944329_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the replys.

WD, It's about a 12 hr drive to Edmunston so probably similar to going to the Gaspe. Of course you're invited, even if you ride a Polaris.

Slomo, thanks for the info and links.

PLC, the Boss likes days in the 200-250 km range so a week in the northern region may work.

Thanks for the replys.

WD, It's about a 12 hr drive to Edmunston so probably similar to going to the Gaspe. Of course you're invited, even if you ride a Polaris.

Slomo, thanks for the info and links.

PLC, the Boss likes days in the 200-250 km range so a week in the northern region may work.

nice pics,gotta ride gaspe this yr.getting old

Archived