New Trailer Pics!..

Turbo Doo

Nice trailer.

Nice place to store them in the summer too

what model is it ?

Nice trailer, Congrats...Is the new Dutchman's sled hiding in there yet?

Nice. I like the drive thru ramp, makes it easier to stagger sleds. Sure beats trying to take one up the ramp backwards or have to back down ramp backwards. Next trailer will have that feature along with man door on left (driver side) enjoy it. Better put Dutch renovation stickers all over it, lol.

I thought you were buying diapers :poke2:

That's a great set up

Do ya have to get the yellow inspection sticker on something like that?

Yes, yellow sticker required for both tow vehicle and trailer.

Yellow sticker???

I thought a 16/7 was 'sposed to be the cat's proverbial...

I just know I don't want a clam.

Nice trailer!

Yes, yellow sticker required for both tow vehicle and trailer.

Why ???

It's not commercial or about the trucks rated towing capacity is it ??

Why ???

Depends on the weight rating as well. If for example the tandem axles are rated at 3500 lbs each it would require inspection of

Why ???

I bought a tandem axle sled trailer last year and was told that I needed the yellow sticker and also that I didn't need it. After many hours of research it was confirmed that I needed the stickers on both the trailer and tow vehicle. Trailer is a tandem with two 3500# rated axles. Trailer came from dealer with the sticker already on it. Tow vehicle is an Explorer and not used in any way for commercial purposes. Still need a sticker on the Explorer based on the load capacity of the trailer.

After you pay for that inspection year after year after year, a small (light) two place trailer is going to look pretty nice.

BP

After you pay for that inspection year after year after year, a small (light) two place trailer is going to look pretty nice.

BP

Had both. I'll pay the inspection fees.

I will say this. It pulls ALOT nicer than the TC-167 we had before.

I thought everyone was very impressed with the way the TC-167 towed.  What does 'pulls ALOT nicer' mean?  Less wind resistance?  Less swaying?  Softer, less jerking?  Less tongue weight?

Inquiring minds..............

I was impressed with the TC-167 we had. I just think this trailer is a much better one. IMO.. More stable behind the truck, tends to "sit" in behind the truck and stay there better etc. I was never really ok with a single axle. But just my opinion. I felt there was way more tounge weight with TC-167. Felt like there was always 1 sled sitting fully on the tounge only. And you can stand up straight up in this one. Also you can get in the trailer with it unhooked from the truck, and do things inside etc. The TC-167, I was always nervous inside it unhooked from the truck. Once I had the rear door down on our TC-167, and walked up the ramp, and the nose started to come off the ground. Not so with this XT-147..As well, the TC-167 I found was always trying to find it's place behind the truck. And we got one hell of a deal on this one also.

For those of you out there that have a similar truck like mine, and a TC-167, you might want to check your trucks GVWR, and the TC-167's GVWR. You are actually over the legal 4,500kgs. So single axle or not, it depends on the Gross Vehicle Weight rating, and the Trailers Gross Vehicle weight rating. Add those 2 together, and if your over 4,500kgs, you need annual safety on truck and trailer. Only exception is camper/house trailers..

Archived