Looking to buy a used XL TEKVEST

Hey everyone.  I need to buy a used XL TEKVEST for go-kart racing this year.  Does anyone have one for sale??  I really don't want to buy a new one.  Please let me know. 

PLEASE keep STG off this post.  LOL

Hey everyone.  I need to buy a used XL TEKVEST for go-kart racing this year.  Does anyone have one for sale??  I really don't want to buy a new one.  Please let me know. 

We tried that the tek vest does not work well in the fiberglass seat . You are best off buying a kart specific vest 

We tried that the tek vest does not work well in the fiberglass seat . You are best off buying a kart specific vest 

Interesting.  My buddy has one and he has used it all year and it works great.  What's the difference?  Where do they sell them?

Interesting.  My buddy has one and he has used it all year and it works great.  What's the difference?  Where do they sell them?

most kart tracks have them as well as psl.com. When John was racing we found the ribtect to work the best 

All I hear in this is that he needs a TekVest for when he will be chasing me down next winter in Quebec or wherever our trip takes us....lol, Hope to see you guys soon.

All I hear in this is that he needs a TekVest for when he will be chasing me down next winter in Quebec or wherever our trip takes us....lol, Hope to see you guys soon.

For sledding the tekvest is the only way to go . For karting they are too long 

Interesting. My buddy has one and he has used it all year and it works great. What's the difference? Where do they sell them?

Where are you kArting? I looked at it once, but didn't like the race schedule at erbsville, and Hamilton is too far for me.

I was gonna suggest that Sledjunk offer up his, but

A -- his life depends on wearing it, and

B -- it's prolly worn the hell out anyway ... 

:rotflmao:                    :rotflmao:                         :rotflmao:

Contact tekvest direct and see if they can make a modified version for karts. Might be a new business venture for them. They are located in Kinmount Ontario

We did a pile of karting in fact John won 7 championships and 102 races. During this timeI was always looking for a method to make money at it. We tried all the different formats of the tekvest . This lifesaving product for sledding and quading just does not work in the hard semi reclined kart seat . 

We found as we were warned that you go into the corners with such high g forces that if you do not have the right vest you will hurt or break your ribs .

http://www.pslkarting.com/shop/index.php?cPath=67_188  has chest protectors as well as do all the kart vendors in Ontario. Where are you racing? 

Denis,

Point A is valid.  Point B is not.  My Tekvest is still in good shape. 

Extreme600, I think WB is probably pointing you in the right direction.  I know that I cannot even drive the truck comfortably with the TekVest on.  It is too long and as a result pushes up too high.  In a hard fibreglass seat, it will be even worse.

For sledding, though, I will not ride without it.

After a fall off my sled (at low speed as well) this past season. I will be getting a tekvest as I must have bruised a rib or two after the fall. Never experienced this pain before and think it will be a good investment.

Jerry

After a fall off my sled (at low speed as well) this past season. I will be getting a tekvest as I must have bruised a rib or two after the fall. Never experienced this pain before and think it will be a good investment.

Jerry

Good plan!

Jerry

great idea 

It's on my Christmas wish list to get one too.

Denis,

Point A is valid.  Point B is not.  My Tekvest is still in good shape. 

Extreme600, I think WB is probably pointing you in the right direction.  I know that I cannot even drive the truck comfortably with the TekVest on.  It is too long and as a result pushes up too high.  In a hard fibreglass seat, it will be even worse.

For sledding, though, I will not ride without it.

I have to ask why you wear it in the truck.

I have to ask why you wear it in the truck.

lmao !  One can have an oops anywhere, anytime ... 

Just rattling your cage SJ, knowing that your Tekvest has served you well, very well in fact.  You're living proof that it works.  I know a certain guy from London that'll never ride without one now ...

Funny question WB :lol:

Hopped in the truck to move the trailer to load after a ride.  Didn't work :oops:  But it did prove the point that, as good as the vest is, it is not meant for every activity.

Funny question WB :lol:

Hopped in the truck to move the trailer to load after a ride. Didn't work :oops: But it did prove the point that, as good as the vest is, it is not meant for every activity.

Is it comfortable to wear sledding and is there any additional wind protection from it? Never tried one. I always end up landing on my arse when I had a miss hap. Can't get into to0 much trouble at 50 km/hr though. Thinking maybe wearing one on the atv would be a good idea, though.

Is it comfortable to wear sledding and is there any additional wind protection from it? Never tried one. I always end up landing on my arse when I had a miss hap. Can't get into to0 much trouble at 50 km/hr though. Thinking maybe wearing one on the atv would be a good idea, though.

You should buy a Yamaha then you could drive faster than 50 km/h.

Very comfortable. Wouldn't knowant you're wearing it.

And yes to wind Protection.

we do not test drive quads or sleds without them 

Very comfortable. Wouldn't knowant you're wearing it.

And yes to wind Protection.

X2.  Also adds warmth and some bouyancy (closed cell).

X2. Also adds warmth and some bouyancy (closed cell).

Great info. I will have to try one next winter.

We did a pile of karting in fact John won 7 championships and 102 races. During this timeI was always looking for a method to make money at it. We tried all the different formats of the tekvest . This lifesaving product for sledding and quading just does not work in the hard semi reclined kart seat . 

We found as we were warned that you go into the corners with such high g forces that if you do not have the right vest you will hurt or break your ribs .

http://www.pslkarting.com/shop/index.php?cPath=67_188  has chest protectors as well as do all the kart vendors in Ontario. Where are you racing? 

Thanks for all your input everyone.  I hear ya WB.  But here's the issue he has right now.  He already has a broken rib and punctured a lung, therefore he finds it comfortable with the tekvest.  Also he will be using it sledding from this point forward.  Both crazy guys race at our track and Merritville Speedway.  They both sit more upright due to back issues (for many years).  Both guys are 6'3" and don't like the lay down feel.  They are just doing it for fun to pass them by, throughout the NON SLEDDING season.  LOL  Picture#1 is my buddy with his tekvest on.  Finds it very comfortable and feels a lot more confident.  He's rolled over a couple times this past year and ever since he has wore the vest he finds it works great.  Picture#2 and #3 is my hubby with the tekvest on.  By the way they both CHEAT!!!  Of course I am legal.  LMAO  Oh and yes that is me with the checkered flag rubbing it in to the cheaters!!

post-21220-0-33317800-1463104247_thumb.jpg

post-21220-0-49041500-1463104673_thumb.jpg

post-21220-0-09915300-1463104713_thumb.jpg

Archived