More On The Snow

Greggie

Hi,

It seems that the presentations of the OFSC for the Districts are cancelled and that they are giving a web seminar for the clubs. This will be a one way presentation. So nobody can ask questions. Interesting....?

Has anyone more news?

Thanks

Greg

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

It seems that the presentations of the OFSC for the Districts are cancelled and that they are giving a web seminar for the clubs. This will be a one way presentation. So nobody can ask questions. Interesting....?

Has anyone more news?

Thanks

Greg

Are you sure it's one way. Technology allows for two way dialogue very easily and nothing fancy required. The average laptop can do it these days

I am waiting to see what the requirements are for this.  We are hoping to have a group clustered around a larger screen, but I think it might be a waste of time if it is not two way. 

O2, what would usually be required for two way audio?  We have internet at the groomer shed / clubhouse, but no phone.  Could possibly set up a VOIP phone, but would want to test it ahead of time.

I am waiting to see what the requirements are for this.  We are hoping to have a group clustered around a larger screen, but I think it might be a waste of time if it is not two way. 

O2, what would usually be required for two way audio?  We have internet at the groomer shed / clubhouse, but no phone.  Could possibly set up a VOIP phone, but would want to test it ahead of time.

The most common is Skype but you can also use Microsoft lynch or something as simple as a conference call on a speaker phone. OFSC provides a call in number. Even without the two way audio they can do a WebEx and you can key in questions then they respond. There are lots of options

The most common is Skype 

When I got my current laptop (includes a webcam) a couple of years ago, my nephew set up Skype for me. We did a couple of conversations. I just connected w/ my WiFi, nothing fancy. SJ, I guess in your situation, whoever wanted to ask a question would sit down in front of the laptop.

I do have Skype and also MagicJack.  I have not heard of MS Lynch, though.  Hopefully, set up details will be sent well in advance.

Hi,

Has anyone more news?

Thanks

Greg

It's my understanding that the "webinar" will be pre-recorded, but there will be the ability to do live Q & A.  That's all I know. Please don't ask the technical details. I've been told that full viewing and interaction instructions will be provided once dates are finalized.

I do have Skype and also MagicJack.  I have not heard of MS Lynch, though.  Hopefully, set up details will be sent well in advance.

We used Lynch quite a lot. It allowed us to share our screen with everyone around the globe. Give control of our screen to someone else and have audio. It's a great tool.

• 3 weeks later...

Well? Did anyone watch or participate in the Dog and Pony presentation??

Yes the volunteers are not going to like it 

I see that there is a marriage in the works for D10 

What is the major issue that is going to upset the Volunteers?

No authority or autonomy every decision has to be passed through one of 6 new overseerers highered by the OFS and the list goes on 

No authority or autonomy every decision has to be passed through one of 6 new overseerers highered by the OFS and the list goes on 

You must have watched a different presentation than me.

Ever since Sunday School and Biblical stories wanted to be an overseer....

post-19713-0-05664200-1463693284_thumb.j

When is the OFSC posting the jobs?

Why wouldn't they hire from within? I'm sure there are some great current District Administrators who will loose their jobs who would fit in nicely. 

I would not want that job for all the tea in china 

Why wouldn't they hire from within? I'm sure there are some great current District Administrators who will loose their jobs who would fit in nicely. 

Possibly, however I would be wary of a 'circle of friends' who might might have been positioning themselves. Wasn't there a layoff of OFSC bureaucracy some years ago? Need new people, new ideas. No guarantee of a transparent hiring process, if indeed hiring is in the works.

Oh well, if I am right, only 13 districts. No districts office anymore also no governors and the new board members of the 6 super districts can be removed if the open their mouth to wide....

No freedom of opinions anymore....

Thanks,

Greg

What are the 6 Super Districts?

From what I understand, the 6 people OFSC will hire become the managers of the 6 districts. As you know most likely, all the 13 districts are re-bordered, renamed and fall under the six managers.

Thanks

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Well? Did anyone watch or participate in the Dog and Pony presentation??

As our district did not have a district meeting we were not included in the presentation

I downloaded and watched the 'marketing' video and have read the posted documents. 

While there may be merit in these changes, I think these changes are too big and too fast.  Drastically reorganizing the business model and forcing clubs and districts to amalgamate while starting to set up and do regular trail work seems like an overambitious goal that is unfortunately likely to fail.  I can see a number of meetings and discussions that will overwhelm and distract the club volunteers at one of the busiest times of the year.  If this plan is really feasible, let the clubs decide that at the AGM and then move forward in the off season.

As our district did not have a district meeting we were not included in the presentation

I downloaded and watched the 'marketing' video and have read the posted documents.

While there may be merit in these changes, I think these changes are too big and too fast. Drastically reorganizing the business model and forcing clubs and districts to amalgamate while starting to set up and do regular trail work seems like an overambitious goal that is unfortunately likely to fail. I can see a number of meetings and discussions that will overwhelm and distract the club volunteers at one of the busiest times of the year. If this plan is really feasible, let the clubs decide that at the AGM and then move forward in the off season.

The OFSC delayed it already last AGM. Don't see this happen this AGM.

Archived