OC Optimists to Cochrane Mar 28 - Apr 1 (Mon to Fri) ?

Blake G

Sledjunk, OntarioF7, and Blake G are heading to Cochrane on Monday for some spring riding.

Rooms are booked at the Westway.

Looking for additional OC Optimists to join the club.

Those who work - - call in sick.

02Sled, you have no excuses.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ontario F7......book now.......

My boss is a complete Di#K and Azzhole, although at times he can be good guy. I will see what I can do to work around him. 

The things you can say when you're self-employed. LOL

White Dragon, tell your customers that parts and supplies are back-ordered.

Nunz, you haven't driven a thousand kms to sled in at least a week, so you're overdue.

We should be up there Monday depending on grooming

I face booked polar bear and they weren't sure about grooming after weekend lets keep our fingers crosses

By the looks of the long range weather this weekend will be the last official weekend of riding in Cochrane.  They have "just enough" snow up there right now and cant afford to lose much, if any.  

Depending how this weekend goes we could maybe stay a extra day or three. This could be a good test of my employees.

telecommuting from your GSX

Have fun guys.  I would love to go, but it's that time of the year.  WORK WORK WORK and oh yah go-kart season.  He HE

North Adventure Inn's Facebook post from last night said the area trails are in great shape.

I'm definitely interested, but looking at forecast and trail conditions after this weekend, monday might be too early......

post-23504-0-38506400-1458908175_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking heading up on thursday or later might be much better conditions?

post-23504-0-33665800-1458908280_thumb.jpg

Thoughts?  You riding out of Cochrane each day, or if trails still open, chance of heading kap/hearst or a being a true optimist, Dub?

Love to see you in Hearst .... bring spare carbides and scratchers ... freaking thin around here, despite what the ITG indicates. Remember, the old boys club wants the tourist $, and I haven't seen or heard of a groomer being out in 2 weeks.

I'd rather you knew ahead what you're facing.

Love to see you in Hearst .... bring spare carbides and scratchers ... freaking thin around here, despite what the ITG indicates. Remember, the old boys club wants the tourist $, and I haven't seen or heard of a groomer being out in 2 weeks.

I'd rather you knew ahead what you're facing.

Thanks for the heads up Denis. With the 20 cms in the forecast between now and next thursday, you don't think they'll be any grooming?

Groomer Guy's post from today..."It's looking good for the next few weeks. Many riders where happy yesterday on the trails and said the trails where fantastic. Some riders came from Sault Ste. Marie, some drove to Dubreuilville directly and one group unloaded in Hawk jct and rode in to Dubreuilville from there and said the trails where great. More riders are coming today to try out the trails, a groom from Marathon are coming in today to rude the trails. Come on up for your last ride of the season. Msg me for more information."

I'm definitely interested, but looking at forecast and trail conditions after this weekend, monday might be too early......

attachicon.gifcochraneshort.jpg

I'm thinking heading up on thursday or later might be much better conditions?

attachicon.gifcochraneweather.jpg

Thoughts?  You riding out of Cochrane each day, or if trails still open, chance of heading kap/hearst or a being a true optimist, Dub?

I don't think Monday will be too early. Conditions are good right now, from all Cochrane and Arctic Riders reports. I was up there late last week and am confident the trails will not have eroded much in the past several days. Both clubs are still grooming. If things improve after Thursday, all the better.

We are riding out of Cochrane each day, with no plans of going west beyond Kapuskasing.

Maybe one trip towards Kap and back, one trip towards Iroquois Falls and/or Timmins (maybe that will be a loop if the trails are good - - here's what COLD BEER wrote yesterday morning (Thursday): At Casey's in Timmins now. We came down 106 to C. 106 had a few bare spots in the corners and looked to be groomed within the last few days. C was very good and looked like it was groomed yesterday. The ride today so far is a 9 out of 10).

Polar Bear Riders' Facebook posts say they were grooming various Cochrane area trails late this week. Arctic Riders groomed their portion of the canyon last night (Thursday).

Rob, i can assure you there's nothing to groom here, local town trails are half & half dirt snow. Away from town they might be better but I'm not taking my sleds out of mothballs to go look.

My opinion on grooming & advertising it ... if you're grooming, you'll brag about it ie Cochrane ... if you're not grooming, there's a reason.

And for your 20 cm of snow, not here ...

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-73_metric_e.html

I agree with Denis. We're going to get a little blast of something tonight, but not enough to re-build trails, especially in Hearst. And if it wasn't for Denis, would we even know what the hell was even going on in Hearst?? (Come on people. Facebook is so easy, even I can use it.)

Cochrane to Kap is good, I hear. The trail THRU Kap is practically non-existent. The ice at the dam site in town is deteriorating fast. There were riders at the clubhouse in Moonbeam yesterday. Stay east, folks.

The weather network is forecasting 10-15 cm of snow for April 1st. Haha.

March 25, 2016.bmp

Rob, i can assure you there's nothing to groom here, local town trails are half & half dirt snow. Away from town they might be better but I'm not taking my sleds out of mothballs to go look.

My opinion on grooming & advertising it ... if you're grooming, you'll brag about it ie Cochrane ... if you're not grooming, there's a reason.

And for your 20 cm of snow, not here ...

http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-73_metric_e.html

I agree with Denis. We're going to get a little blast of something tonight, but not enough to re-build trails, especially in Hearst. And if it wasn't for Denis, would we even know what the hell was even going on in Hearst?? (Come on people. Facebook is so easy, even I can use it.)

Cochrane to Kap is good, I hear. The trail THRU Kap is practically non-existent. The ice at the dam site in town is deteriorating fast. There were riders at the clubhouse in Moonbeam yesterday. Stay east, folks.

The weather network is forecast 10-15 cm of snow for April 1st. Haha.

attachicon.gifMarch 25, 2016.bmp

The whole reason I love this group!!!!!!!  Great to see honest posts

Have fun Blake and the boys/men.  Sounds like you should be fine in Cochrane.

ChandosRob it looks like your choices are Cochrane or Dub!!!  Either one would be fun IMO

As much as I would love to join u guys.. Sleds are at dealer getting serviced and summerized. Plus it's month end at the dealership this week. Have fun and be safe.. Looking forward to seeing pics and reports.

Blake let's try to do lunch the following week.

Sledjunk, OntarioF7, and Blake G are heading to Cochrane on Monday for some spring riding.

Rooms are booked at the Westway.

Looking for additional OC Optimists to join the club.

Those who work - - call in sick.

02Sled, you have no excuses.

bill,glenn & i are heading up wed morning,was thinking of stayin in kap.may have to stay around cochrane

As much as I would love to join u guys.. Sleds are at dealer getting serviced and summerized. Plus it's month end at the dealership this week. Have fun and be safe.. Looking forward to seeing pics and reports.

Blake let's try to do lunch the following week.

What is with you Poo guys??  Always bailing on the end of season rides.  "I would love to, but the deal is done for my trade in", "I would love to, but the sleds are in at the dealer", "I would love to, but I have to wash my hair" :poke2: :poke2:

:lmao:

Looking forward to the ride and I hope to see some others join us.

:right_on:

OK, WD made a liar out of me, this year!!!!  :lol:

Anything else will be a bonus. Polar Bear Riders' Facebook posts say they were grooming various Cochrane area trails late this week. Arctic Riders groomed their portion of the canyon last night, as well as their portion of A west. Sledjunk says the canyon is not high on his list of priorities, so I might have to wait for another visit to try that trail.

I've done the Canyon once already this year, but if I make it up I'll ride up with you if you want.  Have to check if they're still be gas at the top.  

So you're driving up Monday, coming back when?  Just checking with a buddy to see if he can make it.  So depending on him, may be driving up myself, with one spot left on my trailer.

I've done the Canyon once already this year, but if I make it up I'll ride up with you if you want. Have to check if they're still be gas at the top.

So you're driving up Monday, coming back when? Just checking with a buddy to see if he can make it. So depending on him, may be driving up myself, with one spot left on my trailer.

If the trail is open one of the requirements for it to be open is gas available.

Archived