OC Optimists to Cochrane Mar 28 - Apr 1 (Mon to Fri) ?

Blake G

Went for a ride down A trail to Iroquois Falls and back today.

The ride down was very good, smooth, hard and only a few bare spots.

We toured around Iroquis Falls on the local trails but they weren't as good as the A trail, there seemed to be more bare spots.

Coming back we noticed the A trail much softer with the warm temperature and strong sun.

We then looped around Cochrane on L101. We noticed a lot more bare spots on the trail from 2 days ago but still a good ride.

We are heading home tomorrow after 3 great days of spring riding.

Blake, hopefully the trail conditions hold up for you.

Mulder, sorry to here about your break down, that does really suck.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sadly looks we are done for the season. About 15 mins out of Cochrane wifey sled made a funny noise so she stopped and when I came back and tried it would not budge, bestnI can tell the chain broke and jammed the sprocket. Both dealerships are closed until Monday, looks like we limp to St Onge and call it a season. Really sucks after a 8 hour drive!!!!!!. The trails are soft and not to bad, a few bare spots. Cheers all

Sorry about your breakdown. Good reason to not ride alone, I guess. Not the best way to end the season.

Coming back we noticed the A trail much softer with the warm temperature and strong sun.

We then looped around Cochrane on L101. We noticed a lot more bare spots on the trail from 2 days ago but still a good ride.

We are heading home tomorrow after 3 great days of spring riding.

Blake, hopefully the trail conditions hold up.

Sounds like we might be pushing our luck a bit by expecting to ride so late. Summer's pretty long, though, so we'll take what we can get.

Thank you for the helpful updates.

Sounds like we might be pushing our luck a bit by expecting to ride so late. Summer's pretty long, though, so we'll take what we can get.

Thank you for the helpful updates.

Normally not pushing your luck expected to ride this late up there, but was planning on coming up tue or wed, and now wed and thursday rain forecast, I'm questioning coming up.  You might laugh, forecast for friday and following week are excellent.  I'm still in wait and see mode.  You still heading up tomorrow?

Normally not pushing your luck expected to ride this late up there, but was planning on coming up tue or wed, and now wed and thursday rain forecast, I'm questioning coming up.  You might laugh, forecast for friday and following week are excellent.  I'm still in wait and see mode.  You still heading up tomorrow?

x2

Normally not pushing your luck expected to ride this late up there, but was planning on coming up tue or wed, and now wed and thursday rain forecast, I'm questioning coming up. You might laugh, forecast for friday and following week are excellent. I'm still in wait and see mode. You still heading up tomorrow?

Most definitely heading up tomorrow (Monday) morning, in convoy with Sledjunk. Likely arrive at Westway around 4ish. According to Environment Canada, Cochrane did not get any of the iffy rain predicted for yesterday. For now I'm sticking with the expectation that there won't be enough rain to wreck things.

Lets hope the mixed precip in the forecast is snow.

Most definitely heading up tomorrow (Monday) morning, in convoy with Sledjunk. Likely arrive at Westway around 4ish. According to Environment Canada, Cochrane did not get any of the iffy rain predicted for yesterday. For now I'm sticking with the expectation that there won't be enough rain to wreck things.

go man go...will be watching for updates

Environment Canada's forecast shows a couple of days next week with possibility of showers and/or snow. Nothing guaranteed or torrential is predicted.

What is predicted is several months of bad sledding coming up quite soon.

Go man go indeed.

post-22473-0-71118200-1459091732_thumb.jpg

Environment Canada's forecast shows a couple of days next week with possibility of showers and/or snow. Nothing guaranteed or torrential is predicted.

What is predicted is several months of bad sledding coming up quite soon.

Go man go indeed.

attachicon.gifMK-BH057_BARNES_G_20101024171318.jpg

One can only hope the several months of bad sledding is replaced with several months of great boating fishing and bbq steak dinners

One can only hope the several months of bad sledding is replaced with several months of great boating fishing and bbq steak dinners

Its gotten better already, you have stopped those naked snowdances..

Its gotten better already, you have stopped those naked snowdances..

You must have been doing one today. The forecast for next weekend is -7

OMG my imagination just went into explode mode.How long before I can get rid of that image?lol

post-21351-0-33895900-1459097778_thumb.jpg

Yukon can't wait to get his boat in the water :D

Capture.JPG

Yukon can't wait to get his boat in the water :D

YIKES.!!!!!!

long range lookin better for thurs - sun...woot-woot

LOL

I guess I'm not the only one checking forecast every couple hours.

You are not alone.

You are not alone.

For sure!  Ready to set out in the AM. 

For sure!  Ready to set out in the AM. 

Is OntarioF7 going at the same time as us tomorrow?

Way better!

Outside of Blake and Sledjunk heading up tomorrow, anyone else making some definitive plans?

I'm leaning towards later in the week but I'm heading up solo this time, so rather not ride alone.

Way better!

Outside of Blake and Sledjunk heading up tomorrow, anyone else making some definitive

plans?

Good plan. I hear a siberian polar vortex is moving in on Sunday. Going to drop temps by about 15 C! Maybe need Ice scratchers If they don't get abit of new snow. Busy working now, otherwise I would be up for it.

I'm leaning towards later in the week but I'm heading up solo this time, so rather not ride alone.

Way better!

Outside of Blake and Sledjunk heading up tomorrow, anyone else making some definitive plans?

Depending on how this week goes with work and weather, later in the week works for me.

Archived