2017 Sneak Peek- March 18 and 19th

Nunz

http://www.snowsneakpeek.ca/barrie

Anyone planning on going? I am working till 6pm Friday and will be stopping in on my way home, Might be interested in going for dinner afterwards in anyone wants.

Nunz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You buying me dinner?

f.... you!!! you still owe me...lol

http://www.snowsneakpeek.ca/barrie

Anyone planning on going? I am working till 6pm Friday and will be stopping in on my way home, Might be interested in going for dinner afterwards in anyone wants.

Nunz

txt me Friday aft & try to meet there

txt me Friday aft & try to meet there

Ok, sounds good, will do WD.

Me you left me all winter long I was lonely snowmobiling without you

lol...next winter hopefully we get lots of snow close to home...

Not sure yet.  Still hoping for one more trip north.

Ski-doo has nothing in the 2016/17 line that appeals to me.  I find the removal of the GSX line disappointing to say the least.  Actually, I little short sighted.  So busy marketing to the throttle jockeys, they forgot about the rest of us. OH, unless you like a nice GTX in Beige  for the Seniors.   On the other hand, it saves me lots of money as it makes me want to keep what I have.  :)

Boo to Skidoo!  :soapbox:

Ski-doo has nothing in the 2016/17 line that appeals to me.  I find the removal of the GSX line disappointing to say the least.  Actually, I little short sighted.  So busy marketing to the throttle jockeys, they forgot about the rest of us. OH, unless you like a nice GTX in Beige  for the Seniors.   On the other hand, it saves me lots of money as it makes me want to keep what I have.   :)

I agree totally with you, 2017 models from all of them aren't a wow factor year, the new Yamaha and Cat sled looks interesting, Even Polaris only has the new Assault and XCR which isn't for me, maybe 2018 will bring something worth considering.

Ski-doo has nothing in the 2016/17 line that appeals to me.  I find the removal of the GSX line disappointing to say the least.  Actually, I little short sighted.  So busy marketing to the throttle jockeys, they forgot about the rest of us. OH, unless you like a nice GTX in Beige  for the Seniors.   On the other hand, it saves me lots of money as it makes me want to keep what I have.   :)

I've said that for years!  :lol:

Just had a bit of a reality check on sled prices. I see sleds with price tags pushing the $20,000 mark. I just left the Ford dealer and while waiting walked around the showroom. A new Fiesta.... $15,000. A new Focus $16,000. Now compare that to the $20,000 sled. Where do they come up with a $20,000 price from.

Just had a bit of a reality check on sled prices. I see sleds with price tags pushing the $20,000 mark. I just left the Ford dealer and while waiting walked around the showroom. A new Fiesta.... $15,000. A new Focus $16,000. Now compare that to the $20,000 sled. Where do they come up with a $20,000 price from.

They sell a lot more cars!  Economies of scale.  Snowmobiles are a niche market in comparison.

That said, $20k is hard to justify.  Hell, $10k seems high.

They sell a lot more cars!  Economies of scale.  Snowmobiles are a niche market in comparison.

That said, $20k is hard to justify.  Hell, $10k seems high.

I understand fully economy of scale. I was just looking at the value proposition of what you get for your dollar. But as always there is the fun quotient in that value proposition. Toys just tend to be pricey in general. You want to play you have to pay.

Ski-doo has nothing in the 2016/17 line that appeals to me.  I find the removal of the GSX line disappointing to say the least.  Actually, I little short sighted.  So busy marketing to the throttle jockeys, they forgot about the rest of us. OH, unless you like a nice GTX in Beige  for the Seniors.   On the other hand, it saves me lots of money as it makes me want to keep what I have.  :)

GSX??

I could swing you a pretty hot deal on a 2014 GSX (SE no less) 1200 4tec. Lady driven.

Are you sledding your sled? :nana:

They actually understand each other

:-P

How was the show?

From one old sledder to The Old Sledder, there was close to SFA there for me, and those like me. That is a groomed trail touring guy that usually does about 4K km per year, doesn't care about 100 mph, or more than 120 hp. Seems to me that the emphasis was on high horsepower and deep snow sleds. The show was in Barrie, southern edge of a massive groomed trail network and there were damned few groomed trail offerings there, relative to the total number of sleds on display.

Where is a new 900 triple 4-stroke from Yamaha? Or a 600 2-stroke from Yamaha? Yamaha's best new offering was the return of the VK540.

Everybody wants us to become free riders and mountain sledders.

For old farts like me, Skidoo showed the Renegade, Polaris the Switchback Adventurer, and Yamaha a long-in-the-tooth Vector. I guess Yamaha doesn't care that a lot of the faithful are never buying a Yamacat. 

I was surprised that I sat just a little higher on the Apex than the Vector (the only two current Yamaha offerings that I would consider).  I do agree with you about the Yamacats and although the Vector styling is over 10 years old and the Apex is almost the same, there have been advancements (EPS and the new SingleShot Skid).  I am very happy with both the ride and handling of my current sled.  I have ridden some other sleds, albeit short trials, and have not enjoyed the ride as much as my current sled.  I will acknowledge that a short ride really does not do justice as, in many cases, there is some 'learning' required to adapt to a different chassis.

I just seem to 'fit' the Delta II and III chassis and they fit me.  JMO

i agree,lots of mountain & performance sleds.sat on new sidewinder from Yamaha,it was very nice.nunzio liked the new ski-doo...

nunzio liked the new ski-doo...

? ? ?

Archived