998 Genesis has been Dynoed

FrostyTheSnowman

I cannot help but think what this sled becomes in the hands of those guys who think they are F16 fighter pilots on the trail.

No kidding. A 600 can get you in big trouble. No need for this.

they better improve the chaincase

And the drive shafts. Seen a guy snap one on the F trail, a few weeks back.

they better improve the chaincase

They did

Over 100 lbs of torque @ 6000 rpm. Will bring a new meaning to the word trenching. Just look for 15" wide ruts in the trails next year. 

I hope they don't put it in a short track chassis .... total waste that'll be ....

I think you can also get high country limiteds with the turbo in 141 or 153 tracks for the off trail crowd.

I think you can also get high country limiteds with the turbo in 141 or 153 tracks for the off trail crowd.

I had seen those as well. 129 is considered by many to be a short track these days I think. Not to me though coming off my '97 ZR's to my '15 ZR. Big difference from what I'm used to. That Dyno test was from a Thundercat. I don't know if Cat tweaked any mapping or not to satisfy their sick desire to have the "fastest" production sled but the T-Cat only comes in a 137. That may say something, it may not. Either way....too much juice for this fella.

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/16-Things-You-Need-to-Know-about-the-2017-Arctic-Cat-Snowmobiles

The first section of this article describes the 998 performance in the T-Cat. Good insight for anyone interested in the Yammie Sidewinder too.

I haven't measured the footprint of the 129 on my sled. 121 on my 97 zr580 had 30" on the ground. How much track is on the ground of the 137 or 129?

sounds impressive, but it is preproduction so it might be a ringer and also it was done at dyno tech where big hp numbers are normal, lol

Yup like the 800 etec that makes 163hp and the new 850 makes 10hp more at 165hp

sounds impressive, but it is preproduction so it might be a ringer and also it was done at dyno tech where big hp numbers are normal, lol

Not always. Cat claimed 125 for the ctec2 and Dynotech had it come in under 120

Theres a big need for this. God I might have to go to the "other" dark side!... 8-)

Have to let the wife ride new turbo. That would really speed her up! Lol!

Not always. Cat claimed 125 for the ctec2 and Dynotech had it come in under 120

funny considering in 2007 the F6 Barney was dynoed at 130+ by Dynotech though Cat claimed 118

I hope it puts the power to the ground...unlike any other motor in that chassis.

Racing dynos on the lake is next to impossible :).

Archived