Got a Question - Sudbury/New Liskeard/Temagami

Sevey

Although it may not happen this year. I want to ask if someone has done the loop from Sudbury (C Trail) to Shining Tree for fuel. Over through Gowganda to New Liskeard. And south down through Temagami back to Sudbury.

Can you get to New Liskeard in a day or is that too ambitious?

If someone has run this Terrain before and has a sense of timing I would be interested to hear.

Thanks

MS

it is doable in a day but it will be a long hard day.

I would make the halfway point Gowganda.

I Tried going up to Shinning Tree on Tuesday from the Sportsman Lodge.. we turned around as the trail was just whooped to hell. Took C206D from the lodge to the C and then went up the C for about 15km and then turned around. If it was groomed we would have kept going.

So this loop we be more realistic to be a 3 day run?

Sudbury -Gowganda

Gowganda-Temagami

Temagami-Sudbury

How does that sound?

I figure from Sudbury (Ramsey Lake) to Gowganda has to be 170-190km. Can anyone confirm that?

I know Gowganda to New Liskeard is about 150km. I have never been south through Temagami back to Sudbury, so  I have never seen those trails to know how fast they run.

MS

I know about that thx - but sometimes distance and ease of travel due to trail type - are two different things.

​MS

a month ago we went from Sudbury to Gowganda for fuel, and ended up in Kirkland lake for the night.  Next day went to Cochrane for lunch, back to Timmins and then back to Kirkland for the night.  the next morning went south but turned off at Martin River back to Sudbury.  Going to NB would have added a couple of hours, but certainly doable if the trails are decent.  I wouldn't be trying that this weekend, but good luck.

I have gone several times from gowganda to rocky's and back in a normal day.  From Rocky's to Gowganda is only 3 hours if trails are groomed well, 185 km

Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I know is about 150km from Gowganda to New Liskeard - so 185 +150 would make a solid days ride.

Once you go south of New Liskeard, I believe there is fuel in Temagami. Where else is there fuel as you head towards sudbury?

MS

Martain river has fuel, not sure about Tominko, river valley has fuel.

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2016 at 7:55 AM, soupkids said:

Martain river has fuel, not sure about Tominko, river valley has fuel.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is the fuel station in River Valley open Sundays?

Archived