Cochrane This Weekend

Doze00F7

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from a small rip around town. The snow is very thin in town but out of town the trails are freshly groomed and pretty good.

Last Friday the best were the A106C, and the A heading south out of Cochrane.

Let us know about trail conditions - - some of us may want to head up that way.....

I'm thinking the same thing, long range looking good!

At Cassy's in Timmins now. We came down 106 to C. 106 had a few bare spots in the corners and looked to be groomed within the last few days. C was very good and looked like it was groomed yesterday.

The ride today so far is a 9 out of 10

B*st*rds !! Both of you !

What he said!!

:-P

Flash 800

We chatted with you up there at the hotel and in the warm-up shack, hope your neck is feeling better.

it was so nice to see a young future snowmobiler get exposed to the sport good for you guys to bring your daughter

Myself and my buddy were out with our two teenage kids and had a great weekend.

ah yes I do remember you guys. Matt sure loved that 600 you have lol. My neck improved much more in the afternoon, we had a blast taking our daughter to the canyon. It's really cool watching her see things for the first time......questions, questions, questions lol. She really proved herself and I don't think we will leave her behind anymore unless its really cold. You guys went to Timmins on sunday correct? We're supposed to get 20cm here today. If so we'll go for a ride around here this weekend.

ah yes I do remember you guys. Matt sure loved that 600 you have lol. My neck improved much more in the afternoon, we had a blast taking our daughter to the canyon. It's really cool watching her see things for the first time......questions, questions, questions lol. She really proved herself and I don't think we will leave her behind anymore unless its really cold. You guys went to Timmins on sunday correct? We're supposed to get 20cm here today. If so we'll go for a ride around here this weekend.

Yup up to Timmins on Sunday, nice ride except near Timmins where things are getting worn.  

Matt did like that 600 summit.   Tell him I saw a great deal on kijiji for a 2016 with 300 KM for $7,200 for a 154 summit, thing is brand new.   Sure it is only a 600 Carb but unless you need the EFI for elevation changes out west if you ask me that is good enough for playing in the snow around Ontario.

Let me know if the trails are worth it around North Bay, might require a day trip up there.

Cheers

T

After lunch at Cassy's we headed back up the C trail to Smooth Rock and took the A trail back to Cochrane.

C trail was in very good condition all the way, A trail was a little choppy to Cochrane but not bad and not too many bare spots.

We took side trail L105 to the lookout in Green Water park. The trail was a little bumpy but lots of snow.

Thank you for the reports guys!

I'm a bit late posting this, but just wanted to thank all who shared the trail conditions. It convinced me to go up last weekend and had a fantastic last run of the season. Almost 700km of great groomed trails.

Looking forward to next season and perhaps riding with some of you as I have found my group of riding buddies slowly deteriorating as life changes.

I hope everyone has a great last ride, and a good summer.

I too have found my group of riding buddies getting smaller.  The day trips riding solo closer to home is okay but not practical for trips up North.  Please keep the updates coming, if the weather cooperates a trip up next week is still possible.

Archived